Daan Riaste
Conscript

Maximum values

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Hello

In the units worksheet, some units, for instance bombers and Zeppelins, are supposed to have a range above 9, up to 40. In the game, the highest range appearing is 9. Out of idle curiosity, I edited the unit sheet to modify some values. 9 seems to be the maximum value for attack or defense also and naval units fire too.
Also, when I tried to increase the support value of artillery, the game used 3 all the same. I was unable to find the reason. Any chance that it might change ?

Best regards

Daan Riaste

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Daan Riaste wrote:Hello

In the units worksheet, some units, for instance bombers and Zeppelins, are supposed to have a range above 9, up to 40. In the game, the highest range appearing is 9. Out of idle curiosity, I edited the unit sheet to modify some values. 9 seems to be the maximum value for attack or defense also, the fire and defense of naval units seems to be an exception.
Also, when I tried to increase the support value of artillery, the game used 3 all the same. I was unable to find the reason. Any chance that it might change ?

Best regards

Daan Riaste

3 is the maximum support value for artillery units and in my opinion it can not be changed, ie more than 3 still will not. ;)
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

calvinus

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 am

I recall some maximum values are hard coded in the game, such as the support values for instance. I'll check this stuff when back from holidays.

calvinus

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Well I added a tweaking to allow a max range value of 40 for Zeppelins only (all other units have 9 max). ;)
Stuff for the official patch. Many thanks, Calvinus.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”