ZardozLord
Corporal

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Random, yes I can see your point with Haig in Russia, he was there with a whole army, but the Austrian cavalry that were in France where out of command as there HQ was actually in Austria, I have only noticed it with this latest beta...

ZardozLord
Corporal

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

Ok update, I have had a closer look and the British may be there as it says that Haigs army is part of the British eastern command, seeing as I chose warplan Moltke for Germany, I suppose in theory the British could have sent Haig and his troops to aid Russia as the main German force is going east....

Its the Austrian corps in France that I think is the bug, Austria is under AI control, there is even a movment order line leading back to Austria as if the AI is trying to get it back there, also I tried to move it and the message in the dialog box is telling me that I cant move units that are not under my politcal control....

CSS
Lieutenant

When can we Normal download this?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

I cant do the rapidshare thingy!

Tamas

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:31 am

CSS wrote:I cant do the rapidshare thingy!

There are detailed instructions on the first page of this thread. :)

Halus
Conscript

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

Regarding random units appearing out of place - no I don't believe they are effecting gameplay as I've only noticed this happening at most in three places over the whole map at any given time. Still unsure if it has any historical basis or is simply a bug.
Case in point, during a redeployment phase on the Russian front, a stack of 3 German units appeared north of Crimea, far away from where the rest of their countrymen were. The province itself was still under Russian control, but was adjacent to Austrian conquered land. For the remainder of the game these units attempted to make their way back to HQ.

ZardozLord
Corporal

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Hmmm it is strange isnt it, I wonder whats happening then, do you think there is a small problem with the redeployment phase in the latest beta?

calvinus

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Check the position of GHQs, because such units may come from them... ;)

Halus
Conscript

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:21 am

calvinus wrote:Check the position of GHQs, because such units may come from them... ;)

As I had stated, these three German units were redeployed onto an enemy controlled province, something a human player cannot do - so if not bug/corruption is the AI cheating or are these POWs pressed into Russian service? Reason I say this is afterwards, during the military phase, two of the German units were grouped as a detachment with three Russian units as well as a general.

I'd post some saved game files here, but I get 'invalid file' message.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 am

Halus wrote: I'd post some saved game files here, but I get 'invalid file' message.

This is because there is not supported file type from saveGame. Pack your files in RAR or ZIP archive and then you can put it here. ;)
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

Halus
Conscript

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Alrighty, here are the saved games and maps for the redeploy and military phase:
Attachments
GerRusmix.rar
(401.46 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
GerRedeploy.rar
(397.68 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

Nikel

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Philippe wrote:This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone know for certain where the AEF landed in Europe? The ports mentioned in the patch feel like the kind of ports that would have been used in WW II, whereas I was always under the impression that the AEF was sent through Western France rather than the Channel.

I'm not in a position to research this, but here's a quote from the AEF wiki:

The mobilization effort taxed the American military to the limit and required new organizational strategies and command structures to transport great numbers of troops and supplies quickly and efficiently. The French harbors of Bordeaux, La Pallice, Saint Nazaire and Brest became the entry points into the French railway system which brought the US forces and their supplies to the front. American engineers in France built 82 new ship berths, nearly 1,000 miles of additional standard-gauge tracks and 100,000 miles of telephone and telegraph lines.

Unquote

This is far from decisive, but certainly suggests debarcation points in Western France rather than the Channel. Could someone with better WW I research resources nail this one down before Calvinus gets back from his well-deserved vacation?

From Banks' Military Atlas of the First World War

[ATTACH]15788[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

hattrick
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am

Hi Calvinus,

So far playing a Grand Campaign single player only with army activation, looks good so far. I have run across one bug and possibly maybe a database error.

First using the save if you go to the Derfflinger squadron located at Deutsche Bucht right outside Wilhelmshaven and move the unit into Wilhelmshaven. Then use manage forces button on the Derfflinger squadron and try to attach that ship to the large hipper fleet in Wilhelmshaven and you will get a windows error.

Now the database error If you look at the German 1st Army on the East Front at Bielostok you will find a unit there attached to the 1st Army that belongs to the 4th Army. I do not know how it got there or when..

Keep up the great work, it is making a difference! :thumbsup: :hat:
Attachments
Jan - Feb 1915.zip
(444.91 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

calvinus

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 am

hattrick wrote:...Now the database error If you look at the German 1st Army on the East Front at Bielostok you will find a unit there attached to the 1st Army that belongs to the 4th Army. I do not know how it got there or when..

Is there since the warplan setup?

hattrick
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:54 am

calvinus wrote:Is there since the warplan setup?

I checked a save from August 1914 and that 4th army unit was not in the first army at this time. I am not sure how it allowed me to put in the 1st army, its possible I might have moved it there without paying attention.

calvinus

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

hattrick wrote:I checked a save from August 1914 and that 4th army unit was not in the first army at this time. I am not sure how it allowed me to put in the 1st army, its possible I might have moved it there without paying attention.

In such a case I do not know how to reproduce this issue. :(
I'll work on the other bug reported by you.

calvinus

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

hattrick wrote:Hi Calvinus,

So far playing a Grand Campaign single player only with army activation, looks good so far. I have run across one bug and possibly maybe a database error.

First using the save if you go to the Derfflinger squadron located at Deutsche Bucht right outside Wilhelmshaven and move the unit into Wilhelmshaven. Then use manage forces button on the Derfflinger squadron and try to attach that ship to the large hipper fleet in Wilhelmshaven and you will get a windows error.

Done so, no error. :blink:

Edit: I'm going now to try not in debug mode...
Edit2: no error also in non-debug mode. :wacko:

hattrick
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks! :cool:

calvinus

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:46 pm

If you try again the merge stuff, do you get again the error? Is it recurrent / reproducible on your pc?

hattrick
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 pm

calvinus wrote:If you try again the merge stuff, do you get again the error? Is it recurrent / reproducible on your pc?

Hi Calvinus,

Yes, every time I tried it with the Derfflinger squadron it would go to a windows error. Now when I would try it the other way and use merge with the Large fleet and merge with the Derfflinger there would be no windows error.

calvinus

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 am

Ok, I'll try again tonight... :wacko:

calvinus

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Tried again, both with sounds and no sounds, debug and non-debug mode, attaching to Ingenol or Hipper fleet... no way to get any error. :bonk:

hattrick
Lieutenant

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Sorry to hear that, I guess I have to assume considering no one else is reporting these issues and you cannot duplicate the crash that it is very possible I might have a corrupted installation. I did do a fresh install but I will give it another go and see what happens.. Thanks for your time! :hat:

calvinus

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:35 am

Thread closed, new beta patch 1.08N is out: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22704

Return to “Help improve WW1!”