Averkinen
Sergeant

Navy of some countries

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi!

I wanted to ask why the game does not have fleets of Portugal, Bulgaria, Romania and Persia, of Greece, though he is, but very little? :(
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

PhilThib

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Greece is there, the others are much too small to be of any significance :)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

PhilThib wrote:Greece is there, the others are much too small to be of any significance :)

That is, you mean that the fleet of Bulgaria, Romania and Portugal were so small that it made no sense to include them in the game? About Romania do not know, but Bulgaria and Portugal seemed to have enough ships to conduct warfare at sea. ;)

PhilThib

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Well, not really...the Bulgarian Navy for instance had no more than 6 recent Torpedo Boats and a bunch of small crafts...that would not even make half a game counter in WW1... :cool:

Averkinen
Sergeant

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:36 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, not really...the Bulgarian Navy for instance had no more than 6 recent Torpedo Boats and a bunch of small crafts...that would not even make half a game counter in WW1... :cool:

Okay, thank you! Then, as I understand it, if in the upper right corner of unit fleet is the number 1, it does not mean that in a system only one unit, then so? ;)

Thomas Niksa
Conscript

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 am

Nevertheless you can see one of their topedo boats, the Drazki, preserved in Varna, a rare example of a Great War era ship still existant. During the Bulkan Wars it topedoed (but did not sink) the Turkish cruiser Hamidiye. I guess that makes it Bulgaria's USS Constitution.

I always enjoyed the story of the World War II British POW who thought of passing himself off as a officer of that navy, Germany's ally at the time. He simply dyed his RAF uniform black as his escape outfit. He figured no German policeman would know what the uniform of that tiny navy looked like. He almost got away with it, but got recaptured near the docks.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm

The fact that the Netherlands and Greece have one of the Destroyer, one Armored Cruiser and one Older Battleship is the idea of developers, or just coincidence? Thanks for any reply. :D

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm

I suspect that this just errors of omission from the scenario Detachments.csv entries that were carried over from the original game. There were a number of irritating errors in the WW1 and WW1G naval OOB's, the most egregious of which is probably the USS Rockhampton CA unit.

When I wrote my naval mods I corrected the Dutch and Greek fleets for the 1915, 1916 and Grand Campaign scenarios to match the Units.csv file.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks you! I've looked at your wonderful mod, but why such squad a fleet of these nations (I mean the one Destroyer, one Armored cruiser, one Older Battleship), both? This is a standard set for minor fleets? :D

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm

The Dutch Fleet should have four battleships in the 'B' unit:

[color="#006400"]HOL_B_Ruyter;-;-;Ruyter;UT_NavalSquadron;HOL;42;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_OlderBattleship;-;-;-;5;-;-;-;5;2;2;-;-;-;-;5;5;3+;3+;RT_MediumRange;RT_LongRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Ruyter;Tromp;Bankaert;Evertzen"[/color];0[/color]

and two cruisers in the CL unit:

[color="#006400"]HOL_AC_Java;-;-; Java;UT_NavalSquadron;HOL;71;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_ArmoredCruisers;-;-;-;3;-;-;-;3;1;1;-;-;-;-;4;4;4;4;RT_MediumRange;RT_MediumRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Java;Kortenaer"[/color];0[/color]

Likewise the Greek Fleet should have similar numbers:

[color="#006400"]GRE_B_Kilkis;-;-;Kilkis;UT_NavalSquadron;GRE;80;0;-;NE_Greek;-;-;-;-;NST_OlderBattleship;-;-;-;4;-;-;-;4;2;2;-;-;-;-;5;5;3+;3+;RT_MediumRange;RT_LongRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Kilkis;Lemnos;Hydra;Pasara"[/color];0[/color] and

[color="#006400"]GRE_AC_Averoff;-;-; Averoff;UT_NavalSquadron;GRE;70;0;-;NE_Greek;-;-;-;-;NST_ArmoredCruisers;-;-;-;3;-;-;-;3;1;1;-;-;-;-;4;4;4;4;RT_MediumRange;RT_MediumRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Averoff;Hella"[/color];0[/color]

If you are seeing something else there may be issues with the Units.csv in use.

I don't think that it's a standard but more the way that it worked out given the strengths and capabilities of these two minor powers.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Random wrote:The Dutch Fleet should have four battleships in the 'B' unit:

[color="#006400"]HOL_B_Ruyter;-;-;Ruyter;UT_NavalSquadron;HOL;42;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_OlderBattleship;-;-;-;5;-;-;-;5;2;2;-;-;-;-;5;5;3+;3+;RT_MediumRange;RT_LongRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Ruyter;Tromp;Bankaert;Evertzen"[/color];0[/color]

and two cruisers in the CL unit:

[color="#006400"]HOL_AC_Java;-;-; Java;UT_NavalSquadron;HOL;71;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_ArmoredCruisers;-;-;-;3;-;-;-;3;1;1;-;-;-;-;4;4;4;4;RT_MediumRange;RT_MediumRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Java;Kortenaer"[/color];0[/color]

Likewise the Greek Fleet should have similar numbers:

[color="#006400"]GRE_B_Kilkis;-;-;Kilkis;UT_NavalSquadron;GRE;80;0;-;NE_Greek;-;-;-;-;NST_OlderBattleship;-;-;-;4;-;-;-;4;2;2;-;-;-;-;5;5;3+;3+;RT_MediumRange;RT_LongRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Kilkis;Lemnos;Hydra;Pasara"[/color];0[/color] and

[color="#006400"]GRE_AC_Averoff;-;-; Averoff;UT_NavalSquadron;GRE;70;0;-;NE_Greek;-;-;-;-;NST_ArmoredCruisers;-;-;-;3;-;-;-;3;1;1;-;-;-;-;4;4;4;4;RT_MediumRange;RT_MediumRange;[color="#FFD700"]"Averoff;Hella"[/color];0[/color]

If you are seeing something else there may be issues with the Units.csv in use.

I don't think that it's a standard but more the way that it worked out given the strengths and capabilities of these two minor powers.

Ok, thanks you as always. If consider the full fleet of these nations in your mod, it turns out that they have a fairly strong and balanced fleet. :D

Well then, what do you think, can I use this formula to other nations (especially Spain and Sweden) which had a decent navy during ww1, but in this game are the minor nations? Sorry for such a number of issues, this will be the last. :D

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 pm

I have not attempted to add new nations armed forces to WW1G so good luck. As for issues, I enjoy WW1G so will try to keep it alive and help if able.

Maybe you're thinking something like this for Units.csv entries for Sweden?

SWE_B_Oscar II;-;-;Oscar II;UT_NavalSquadron;SWE;42;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_OlderBattleship;-;-;-;4;-;-;-;4;3;3;-;-;-;-;4;4;3;3;RT_MediumRange;RT_MediumRange;"Oscar II,Aran,Vasa,Tapperheten,Manlighten";0;;;
SWE_CL_Fylgia;-;-;Fylgia;UT_NavalSquadron;SWE;72;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_LightCruisers;-;-;-;3;-;-;-;3;1;1;-;-;-;-;3;3;3+;3+;RT_ShortRange;RT_ShortRange;"Fylgia,Ornen,Jakob Bagge,Cleas Horn";0;;;
SWE_DD_Wale;-;-; Wale;UT_NavalSquadron;SWE;47;0;-;NE_Deutch;-;-;-;-;NST_Destroyers;-;-;-;1;-;-;-;1;2;2;-;-;-;-;0;0;5;5;RT_ShortRange;RT_ShortRange;-;0

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Yes, yes, and also for Spain, Portugal, maybe Romania ... In short, for all the small nations in this game (Excluding those, of course, who had a very small fleet or was not has it at all).

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Well, good luck. Adding new units and fleets is pretty straightforward but new armed forces for minors is not something that I have done or have any real interest in modding at this time. Don't forget to amend the [color="#00FF00"]ProductionCosts.csv[/color] file in the DB folder otherwise the minor will probably not be able to repair damage to naval forces.

Also you will need several new entries in the [color="#00FF00"]Nations.csv, Fleets.csv and Detachments.csv[/color] files for the specific scenario you are editing. There is lots of room for making errors and omissions in these files so beware.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I'll be careful, many thanks for your help, you really are standing assistant and your help is always clear and helpful. Image
Attachments
093.gif
093.gif (2.99 KiB) Viewed 9934 times

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 pm

I'll be careful, many thanks for your help, you really are standing assistant and your help is always clear and helpful. Image

Return to “Help improve WW1!”