Averkinen
Sergeant

Some inaccuracies and problems

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, but I would like to help you improve this game and so found a few inaccuracies, which you could fix (version 1.08):

1) Russian Central Asia

You missed the Turkestan, which is located between Persia and the Russian Kazakhstan, but it is not in the game, from Persia can immediately go to Kazakhstan.

Brazil

Brazil - the state, but here she is shown as a separate area as Arabia in the early 20 th century.

2) Diplomacy

The level of enemy diplomats leaves much to be desired. They almost never try to attract the neutral nations to its side, only those who can help only economically. When you play in 4 countries, a Union (s) of the country, too, do not try to attract over any neutral country. Please fix it, it's very annoying.

3) Lenin and Revolution in Russia Events

Events such as Lenin, Kornilov and the other revolutionary things can only be applied after 37 turns, and this is the summer of 1918. And it's too late. After the revolution and the establishment of Soviet power was in Russia were in the late 1917 - early 1918, but not in July 1918. When I played for the Central Powers, Russia just passed this time and continued to fight until the spring of 1918, though in interphase she lost a large number of national will, but it's certainly not that. In addition, in early 1917 in Russia occurred the overthrow of the monarchy, which greatly affected the morale of the whole russian army and Russia as a whole, but the game does not have this option.

;)

calvinus

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 am

Hello Averkinen,

as you probably know, WW1 is the porting to PC of La Grande Guerre, a wargame published by Azure Wish in 1999. For this reason, you can find some elements that can be detected as historical "inaccurancies". That's why Turkestan area is absent and Brazil has been placed in the game as a separate area and not as a playable nation: these elements do not play an important role in game terms. That's why they have been ignored.

For the diplomacy issue, I already introduced some improvements in latest patch, to make diplomatic AI move better towards neutral countries. Indeed I personally watched AI putting a major effort on nations such as Bulgaria, Italia, Rumania, Turkey, and so on... Probably you experienced a passive diplomatic behaviour in the later war period, when all nations that can bring a military effort have been already involved in the conflict. Is this your case? If so, you see enemy AI stressing its attention to economically useful nations, because there's no real interest on the other powers, isn't it?

Anyway, you can try to mod the diplomatic AI by modifying the .ini files located in this folder: [game dir]\Data\AI\Modding

for example GER.ini file for Germany, see below:

BeginFavoriteDiplomaticTargets
Target=TUR
Target=ITA
Target=BUL
Target=ENG
Target=ROM
Target=GRE
Target=HOL
Target=SWE
Target=USA
Target=PER
Target=AFG
Target=JAP
EndFavoriteDiplomaticTargets

That is the array (in priority order) of favorite diplomatic targets.

Lenin and Russian Revolution - I saw Russian Revolution breaking out in late 1916 and managed to put Lenin in charge in 1917. Play it several times and you'll see that performaces of Russia can change over time. Also, consider that other events can bring to different outcomes in Russian Revolution, such as Kerenski or Kornilov... ;)

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

calvinus wrote:For the diplomacy issue, I already introduced some improvements in latest patch, to make diplomatic AI move better towards neutral countries. Indeed I personally watched AI putting a major effort on nations such as Bulgaria, Italia, Rumania, Turkey, and so on... Probably you experienced a passive diplomatic behaviour in the later war period, when all nations that can bring a military effort have been already involved in the conflict. Is this your case? If so, you see enemy AI stressing its attention to economically useful nations, because there's no real interest on the other powers, isn't it?

No, I mean even 1914-15, when the diplomatic struggle in the real war was at a very high level, and here ... I'll explain. I played for the Central Powers on 4 levels of difficulty. At the beginning of the war, I drew to his side to Turkey (as in reality) and Italy (Austria agreed to give her some territories), and the Entente to Belgium, too, so in reality, but I used to be the case when Belgium joined the war as a separate state neutral, fought against Germany, but remained in the list of neutrals (in the main menu), and then I had the event somewhere in 1917 "Entente declared war to Belgium", and Belgium joined the Central Powers, but most likely it was a bug, because in reality it could not be sure. Anyway, back to the topic. Then I tried to win over Romania, receive, Romania has already took the pro-central position and only a couple of failed attempts trying to make the Entente, well it certainly has been an absurdity, I calmly drew Romania to yourself. Then I quietly attracted to countries such as Bulgaria and Greece, who also is why Greece is itself entered the war, without any influence. Albania, of course I just occupied, I always did because of it gain a little, but she has a good pair of ports that I could come in handy, though ... :D In short while I was attracted strong neutral power on their side, the Entente made some nonsense at the beginning of the war in trying to reach some agreement with Spain, Norway and others neutral countries, which I then lured to his side, but somewhere in the 1917. Entente subsequently able to attract to their side only to Japan and Brazil (which in any case for the Entente, and Japan also), even the U.S., they could not enter the war, although all this was promoted by, well, this of course is nonsense on the part of enemy diplomats. :blink:

calvinus wrote:Lenin and Russian Revolution - I saw Russian Revolution breaking out in late 1916 and managed to put Lenin in charge in 1917. Play it several times and you'll see that performaces of Russia can change over time. Also, consider that other events can bring to different outcomes in Russian Revolution, such as Kerenski or Kornilov... ;)

I meant that in the game, Russia was in perfect order until its withdrawal from the war (because of excessive losses and territorial losses, but not because of the Revolution), although the revolution had to happen anyway, regardless of the situation in the fronts. Additionally, Russia remained the monarchical state, its political system is not changed.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Afganistan

As shown in the game to fully occupy the territory of Afghanistan need win 8 battles. But if declare war to Afghanistan and the capture of Kabul, it is counted only one win and all, and remains 1/8 victories before the end, also Afghanistan do not give up, as do other countries (eg Japan, Denmark, Spain and others country, located in box), if you capture their capital.

Graph for Chinese army

I found a graphic image for the Chinese army (World War One Gold \ Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \ Spr_Chineses), but I do not understand why it is, because in the game, China will still not get the army.

Rebellion Event Bug

I played for the Central Powers and Italy joined me. Italian garrison, located in Libya, quickly seized the French colonies in North Africa (Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria), as there are no French garrisons were located. Then came the rebellion and North Africa, but I noticed that France, not Italy, lose national will because of the uprising, although North Africa is already owned Italy. Please refer to this case. I noticed it only in North Africa, but maybe it can happen anywhere else. It looks like the default events does not change the territorial status. It looks like the default events does not change in the territorial jurisdiction, and this is very bad. It turns out very funny, because France to suppress these uprisings, one must first recapture territory from Italy, and then suppress them, and by the end of the war uprisings spread throughout the former French North Africa. :bonk:

:D

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 am

Cannot speak as to Afghanistan but conquoring the place was not particularly easy in the early 20th Century so maybe this does not represent a gamey geo-political issue. Doesn't stop it from being bothersome though and hopefully there's an easy fix.

No comment re Chinese Army graphics, perhaps there was a design change during development and taking them out was overlooked. Or maybe something else.

Have experianced the Algerian rebelling during Italian occupation though. As I understand it, rebellion events are scripted geographically and changing them might result in unintended consequences. Particularly as the AI played the event card that caused the rebellion in the first place.

There is an easy fix though, just edit out the rebellion in the game save file.

Open [color="Green"]World War One Gold\Data\SaveGame\Filename.SAV[/color]

Use Find function and search for 2874 (this is the Algerie Box map ID, check the Find Whole Word option in the search as well) and repeat until you get to the following paragraph:

[color="Red"]BeginRebellion
Id=1001690
Position={2874|3296|8792}
Type=UT_Rebellion
Nationality=2013
EndRebellion[/color]

Delete (only) this paragraph, save the file and when you reload the game, the rebellion will be gone and the French will retain their precious National Will!

Have bought and am learning (trying to learn at any rate) Pride of Nations but have not yet abandoned WW1-Gold although there's not much happening here any more.

Cheers

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 am

Okay, thank you! I hope Calvinus or other game developers look about China and Afghanistan and can fix it, because they are now working on a new fix patch. :thumbsup:
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 am

Your English is infinitely better than my Russian!

Have revisited the Nations.csv and MapAreas.csv files to try and find some Afghan anomaly but no luck I'm afraid. Could see nothing that might cause the battles not to count.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 am

Random wrote:Your English is infinitely better than my Russian!

Have revisited the Nations.csv and MapAreas.csv files to try and find some Afghan anomaly but no luck I'm afraid. Could see nothing that might cause the battles not to count.

Well, I hope this problem will solve soon. Afghanistan the only state in the game, which can fully captured (of those who located in a box). By the way until 1919, Afghanistan was not entirely independent, he was under the formal authority of England, also and Persia as dependent on Russia and England. ;)

calvinus

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am

Hello,

there's nothing to fix for China. We did the graphics of soldiers for China just for future job of modders. So, if somebody wants to mod the grand campaign files by adding the forces of China, he's welcome! ;)

For Afghanistan: you win one battle in Afghanistan, ok, one victory is awarded. Then you have to keep a garrison in Afghanistan for 7 turns, each turn of military occupation counts as one won battle (like for colonial warfare in Africa), so in the end (1 battle won and 7 turns) Afghanistan in conquered.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 am

calvinus wrote:Hello,

there's nothing to fix for China. We did the graphics of soldiers for China just for future job of modders. So, if somebody wants to mod the grand campaign files by adding the forces of China, he's welcome! ;)

A modding manual or at last a file explaining the basics would be welcomed. for now, it's almost beyond understanding.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

calvinus wrote:For Afghanistan: you win one battle in Afghanistan, ok, one victory is awarded. Then you have to keep a garrison in Afghanistan for 7 turns, each turn of military occupation counts as one won battle (like for colonial warfare in Africa), so in the end (1 battle won and 7 turns) Afghanistan in conquered.

I kept the troops there until the very end of the war, but the counter did not move, one win and all, also Afghanistan, did not give up as other countries in the capture of their capital, and special rules for Afghanistan, I did not notice. Although maybe it's just a bug, so I tried to capture him only once. :(

calvinus wrote:there's nothing to fix for China. We did the graphics of soldiers for China just for future job of modders. So, if somebody wants to mod the grand campaign files by adding the forces of China, he's welcome! ;)

I wanted to create a mod for this game, because I want to see the army is not only the major powers of the time, but also such as Norway, Spain, etc., and something else. I will try to draw the texture of armies, the scripts, I think, too, can learn, but I do have one serious question: How you compared the effect of these forces and playing skills (I mean, 3-4-3, 2-2-6, etc.)? Just without that I not can do anything. Thanks! ;)

Oh, and yet, you can add a revolution in Mexico (1910-1917), in 1914 it was already in full swing, but in a game is everything is in order. :D

calvinus

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Averkinen wrote:I kept the troops there until the very end of the war, but the counter did not move, one win and all, also Afghanistan, did not give up as other countries in the capture of their capital, and special rules for Afghanistan, I did not notice. Although maybe it's just a bug, so I tried to capture him only once. :(

Mmmhh... if you post here a zipped savegame (.sav & .map), I can run it in debug mode and check what's the cause why the battle counter does not improve...

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm

calvinus wrote:Mmmhh... if you post here a zipped savegame (.sav & .map), I can run it in debug mode and check what's the cause why the battle counter does not improve...

Hmm ... Unfortunately, I not can because it was pretty long (about a month ago), and when I finished the game I deleted all the saves. But soon again I'll play this game for the Entente, and if you want I'll put to you the saves, after about 2 weeks, okay?

calvinus

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok, I guess you have just to declare war on AFG and occupy its territory! :)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok, I guess you have just to declare war on AFG and occupy its territory! :)

Sure. :thumbsup:

Ayeshteni
Captain

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm

I would just like 'Edimburg' corrected to 'Edinburgh' on the map and 'English Expeditionary Force (BEF)' renamed to 'British Expeditionary Force (BEF)' in the scenario selection screen (for the 2 and 4 player Grand Campaign).

Those alone would make me happy. :love:

Ayeshteni
"You, O English, who have no right to this Kingdom of France, the King of Heaven orders and commands you through me, Joan the Maid, to leave your fortress and return to your country, and if you do not, so I shall make an uproar that will be perpetually remembered! Behold that I write to you for the third and final time: I shall write to you no further." - Jehanne d'Arc, Orleans 1428

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm

You can edit out the spelling errors easily enough making changes like giving the Grand Fleet its correct title since by the time the game starts it was no longer designated "Home Fleet". Hopefully they will correct the spelling mistakes in several if the Royal Navy ships but these are minor irritants.

I would be really happy with a monthly turn option or mod (12 per year instead of 9). Am trying to mod this, the text files suggest that it is possible but without success so far.

Ayeshteni
Captain

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Random wrote:You can edit out the spelling errors easily enough making changes like giving the Grand Fleet its correct title since by the time the game starts it was no longer designated "Home Fleet". Hopefully they will correct the spelling mistakes in several if the Royal Navy ships but these are minor irritants.

I would be really happy with a monthly turn option or mod (12 per year instead of 9). Am trying to mod this, the text files suggest that it is possible but without success so far.

Well I've been on my hobby horse about the above spelling mistakes since WW1 first came out and they still haven't been fixed. Had a look at the files myself and I don't know what to do. So there we go. ;)

Ayeshteni
"You, O English, who have no right to this Kingdom of France, the King of Heaven orders and commands you through me, Joan the Maid, to leave your fortress and return to your country, and if you do not, so I shall make an uproar that will be perpetually remembered! Behold that I write to you for the third and final time: I shall write to you no further." - Jehanne d'Arc, Orleans 1428

Averkinen
Sergeant

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 pm

ANGOLA

In Angola, there are no Portuguese colonial troops (DET-18), but this is in all files are present (I tested it several times and could not find bugs).

[ATTACH]22174[/ATTACH]

Regards, Artem.
Attachments
Безымянный.jpg

wodin
Sergeant

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:38 am

I presume you never managed to do it? I'd love monthly turns myself.

Random wrote:You can edit out the spelling errors easily enough making changes like giving the Grand Fleet its correct title since by the time the game starts it was no longer designated "Home Fleet". Hopefully they will correct the spelling mistakes in several if the Royal Navy ships but these are minor irritants.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:39 am

wodin wrote:I presume you never managed to do it? I'd love monthly turns myself.

Sorry buddy, but I could not understand what you mean. I checked all the files containing information for these troops, but no spelling errors. Commas, periods, quotation marks, brackets, etc. are also in place.

EDIT: Solved!

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Averkinen:
So what is the solution since you solved the problem ???

Averkinen
Sergeant

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Panama Red wrote:Averkinen:
So what is the solution since you solved the problem ???

1.08q patch, includes fix of Portuguese army by Random.

Details here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?21022-And-the-Portuguese-Army-is&highlight=portugal

This problem is due to my carelessness. ;)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Sun May 05, 2013 8:08 pm

I have it so happened that when I played for CP, AI received Portugal on side of Entente (most likely triggered Event), but until the end of the game the Portuguese European Forces (PEF) were in Portugal Box and did not participate in War. I remember having the same problem was with the AEF, when Americans after entry into the war were either in USA Box or sent to Africa, corrected this Event. It may be worthwhile to do the same for Portugal? Or the AI ​​just will not be able to use it for other purposes. ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”