bk6583
Lieutenant

Event Cards??

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm

I remember reading some posts where these could get weird, i.e., seeing the AI play a card that actually hurts its alliance countries. Well I'm still seeing that (I'm playing the German side - two player against the AI). But on top of that, why am I given event cards that only benefit the AI countries? I received the Fuller tank research card - since it was made available to me silly me I played it as the Germans thinking I got this card by good luck and would beneifit from it. Instead I've just given France and Britain this research bonus. I think the whole event card engine neds to be looked at. BTW - playing with the 1.08I patch.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:09 am

For what it's worth I rather like this feature, in my current game I got the Rohr event so the German AI could not use it and successfully researched infiltration before the AI did.

Since there is no requirement to play an event every turn, sitting on those that can hurt you or help the bad guys prevents the AI from playing them against you. That's my opinion anyway, room for improvement perhaps but overall, events are working well as designed.

calvinus

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:39 am

Agreed with Random. Think for example if you (CP) draw the Arab Revolt and Lawrence of Arabia! :D

Anyway, I strongly advice you to read carefully the long Events section of the manual, where you'll find any details about every event.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”