Hanno
Private

Terrrin modifier icons

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Dear Calvinus,

from my understanding the terrain modifier icons (the green mountains) are still wrong most of the time. When I look at the detailed combat reports, for example, they said only the defender gets a plus 1 for terrain. But the green icons show most of the time +2 defender -2 attacker. And they are not updated correctly, I think. From my reading of the boardgame rules, the terrain modifiers change with the number of combat rounds. Could you also check into this?

Thanks, Hanno

calvinus

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:25 am

That icon modifiers are an overal calculation that summarize several factors. It's not an exact measure.

Edit: the included factors are... terrain, weather conditions, presence of major city / town, river, fortress...

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Just a quick report on 1.08H.

Last night I installed the patch on my Gold version and saw no problems in being able to select single core option in the WW1 Gold menu.

Will play my game tonight to see how the new patch affects game performance.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 am

Further reporting on my experience with 1.08H. Started game with single cpu shortcut in WW1G start menu with good performance. Using a saved game generated by 1.08G I was still able to play with smooth mouse movement and fast map scrolling.

Good work AGEOD! I think that 1.08H is the best patch to date and I want to thank calvinus et al for the hard work that obviously went into this update.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”