calvinus

Public Beta patch 1.08G

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

Hello everybody,

here you can find an updated beta patch 1.08G.

Here you can download the beta patch for the full version:
[removed for 1.08H]

And here for the demo version:
[removed for 1.08H]

Consider this is a public beta for volunteers, so please report here if you find some glitches or major issues.

Herewith I listed all news...

[Version 1.0.8g]

New features:
- Army Roster now indicates if there are wounded corps

Improvements:
- Landings on enemy beach-heads is allowed now only through friendly controlled sea zones (so including also coastal areas)
- Naval control missions now have effect also on coastal areas bordering the open sea zone targeted by the naval mission
- Naval control of sea zones is now kept till the end of next Interphase
- At the end of Interphase, control of open sea zones is resetted
- At the end of Interphase, control of coastal sea areas to set back to original nationality
- Introduced some corrections in Events draw procedure following the War-Plans adoption
- Military AI improved to send more troops in Grand Offensives' battles
- Military AI improved for the play of battle stratagems
- Military AI of nations outside Europe has been improved to better allow naval trasports of expeditionary forces
- Military AI improved to allow a faster conquest of enemy countries through a progressive advance into enemy ungarrisoned territory
- Game can now use universal WinMM audio drivers (good for those problematic audio cards)
- Reduced game lags occurring when message popups are opened during AI think or FOW update time
- Introduced a new modding parameter in AI for land battles to handle in a more flexible way the retreat choices
- Chances for success on tests for adoption of Combat Doctrines have been a bit improved
- A and M shortcut keys now work also for armies without HQ
- Army Roster now displays also armies without HQ

Fixed bugs:
- Fixed bug in naval path calculation
- Fixed bug in Naval Control missions
- Fixed an erratic game freeze occurring when evacuating fleets from port

Best regards,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:53 am

Next official patch is going to be 1.08H, that will be available as soon we successfully deliver this beta testing to next week.

I'm already at work on 1.08H and I introduced a couple of corrections:

Improvements:
- Military AI improved to allow a smarter check for the appropriate administrative movement type required in case of long distances

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that made impossible for human players to play battle stratagems in many situations

These two corrections are not included in 1.08G.
You will find them in 1.08H.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 am

Fantastic :thumbsup:

Mowers
Captain

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 am

This is good news.

A question about this.

- At the end of Interphase, control of coastal sea areas to set back to original nationality

Sorry, why is that?

Thanks
Mowers

Tamas

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Mowers wrote:This is good news.

A question about this.

Sorry, why is that?

Thanks
Mowers

original boardgame rules IIRC. For example, ut forces you to regularly patrol an area you invaded, to maintain supply

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Cool thanks.... I will give it a spin later today.. :)

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Thank you.

A question, which one of the improvements fixes the AI only sending one or two corps into battle, "A" or "B" ???
"A" - Military AI improved to send more troops in Grand Offensives' battles
"B" - Military AI improved for the play of battle stratagems

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Downloaded...now to start a new 2 player game as the Entente :gardavou:

calvinus

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Panama Red wrote:Thank you.

A question, which one of the improvements fixes the AI only sending one or two corps into battle, "A" or "B" ???
"A" - Military AI improved to send more troops in Grand Offensives' battles
"B" - Military AI improved for the play of battle stratagems

The answer is A
Now AI sends as many detachments she can to attack GO targets, provided they are neighboring, of course.

B - AI had some problems when checking battle events to play (Fog, Surprise, Encirclement, Breakthrough...)

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Thank you. :thumbsup:

calvinus

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Mowers wrote:This is good news.

A question about this.

Sorry, why is that?

Thanks
Mowers

Well, naval warfare is now a "bit" changed...

In simple words, let's suppose you want to land your forces on an enemy beach-head (i.e.: Gallipoli! :D )...

1) First, you have to send a large fleet towards the nearest open sea area, assigning a "Naval Control" mission.
2) As soon the mission is successfully completed, you gain the control of the target open sea and all neighboring coastal sea zones!
2-bis) at the end of the Interphase, the control of open seas is resetted, for coastal hexes is istead set to the former owner.
3) This control is kept till the end of next Interphase, unless -of course- your enemy gets it (back)!
4) Once you have the control, you are allowed to trace a path through those sea areas for sake of naval transport for invasion!
5) The supply (as before) is granted in the beach-heads as long the control of nearby open sea is kept.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi calvinus!

Thank you so much for the new patch, I will give it a try this evening! :coeurs:

Since the last patch the game runs sooo stable - even on my "low specs system": 128 mb video-card/1 GB RAM...

Great work - I really love it - again many thanks to you :thumbsup:

Cheers

CT

patrat
Captain

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 pm

i believe ive mentioned this before, but im still getting units that are in the front line of one army showing up as reserves for another army during trench warfare battles.

its my understanding that only units that are in the reserves should be able to do this, not front line units.

calvinus

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:56 pm

patrat wrote:i believe ive mentioned this before, but im still getting units that are in the front line of one army showing up as reserves for another army during trench warfare battles.

its my understanding that only units that are in the reserves should be able to do this, not front line units.

During trench warfare you get reserve units from all (nearby) armies plus GHQ.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:10 pm

WooHoo. Thank you Calvinus!

patrat
Captain

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:57 pm

calvinus wrote:During trench warfare you get reserve units from all (nearby) armies plus GHQ.

yes but don't those units from other army's have to be in that other army's reserve.

im getting the german marines, who are in the front line of one army showing up as a reserve unit for another army in a nearby battle. :confused:

Tamas

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm

If you are on the defense, you can move in nearby field units as well.

patrat
Captain

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 pm

seems like the old "getting stuck at the battle screen" bug is back in this patch. :(

i just won a big battle in verdun that caused the french to retreat. after they retreated i couldn't get out of the battle screen. its just like before. i can move the cursor around and switch my units around on the screen, but the go to next battle button never flashes, so im stuck.

note: after the fix last patch, the freeze at battle screen bug went away, for me anyway. it seems to have returned with this patch.

calvinus

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 pm

patrat wrote:seems like the old "getting stuck at the battle screen" bug is back in this patch. :(

i just won a big battle in verdun that caused the french to retreat. after they retreated i couldn't get out of the battle screen. its just like before. i can move the cursor around and switch my units around on the screen, but the go to next battle button never flashes, so im stuck.

note: after the fix last patch, the freeze at battle screen bug went away, for me anyway. it seems to have returned with this patch.

I don't think the bug is back. I didn't work on battles.
Are you sure it wasn't a long calculation time or something caused by external? :blink:

Edit: try again just to see if it's reproducible. In such a case, post here the save.

patrat
Captain

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Tamas wrote:If you are on the defense, you can move in nearby field units as well.

thanks. i was unaware of that. :thumbsup:

i thought all reinforcing units had to come from someones reserve. i guess i was wrong. :(

Tamas

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 am

patrat wrote:thanks. i was unaware of that. :thumbsup:

i thought all reinforcing units had to come from someones reserve. i guess i was wrong. :(

You are right, for movement war :)

Trench warfare is different. :)

patrat
Captain

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:03 am

calvinus wrote:I don't think the bug is back. I didn't work on battles.
Are you sure it wasn't a long calculation time or something caused by external? :blink:

Edit: try again just to see if it's reproducible. In such a case, post here the save.

i decided to take your advice from another thread and have switched from avast to avg. so far no more frozen battle screens.

patrat
Captain

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:09 am

the AI does seem improved in this patch, but its still making some one corp attacks.

also ive noticed its still abandoning important towns like Verdun and leaving holes in the front line. it still seems to prefer to build large stacks of units that then just sit there, instead of holding a continuous front line or attacking in mass.

calvinus

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 pm

patrat wrote:the AI does seem improved in this patch, but its still making some one corp attacks.

also ive noticed its still abandoning important towns like Verdun and leaving holes in the front line. it still seems to prefer to build large stacks of units that then just sit there, instead of holding a continuous front line or attacking in mass.

I tested your save very carefully and I've noticed it too.
So I decided to inspect the German forces and I discovered they have low forces. I guess this is why they can send so tiny forces to attack.
Anyway I'm now testing other saves.

patrat
Captain

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:07 am

my save????

i haven't posted a saved game from 1.08g. do you wish me to?

in my games in 1.08g the allies sometimes attack with one corps against multiple german corps.

however to me thats a minor problem, the most annoying thing is when ai leaves holes in its line or abandons important citys for no reason.

calvinus

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 am

I used your latest save posted on another thread (Mar-Apr 1916 in 4-players mode). Perhaps you started a new game?

calvinus

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 am

calvinus wrote:I used your latest save posted on another thread (Mar-Apr 1916 in 4-players mode). Perhaps you started a new game?

Sorry, I confused you with oldspec4! :bonk:

I was using his savegames... :wacko:

calvinus

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 am

Well, I introduced in 1.08H a couple of key improvements in trench warfare battle.

Now the battles are much more balanced, non so favoring the defender side as before. ;)

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:10 pm

calvinus wrote:Well, I introduced in 1.08H a couple of key improvements in trench warfare battle.

Now the battles are much more balanced, non so favoring the defender side as before. ;)

Excellent..another question. I've seen many battle screens w/ no actual battle results shown, i.e. there seems to an attack w/ the defender as winning but no actual battle occurred. I would think as a minimum there would be some effect on an attacker unit.

patrat
Captain

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:29 pm

does retreat before combat apply to attackers as well as defenders? that could be the reason, provided you have it enabled.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”