ussdefiant
Corporal

Problem with Excessive Losses?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

It seems to me, in the Gold edition, that there seems to be some sort of bug when a unit is taking morale checks.

Whenever i see an Out of Combat result pop up, there is always a Destroyed result to go along with it. Even when i look in the battle log, i see an "unit is Eliminated" message immediately after the Out of Combat result, without anything like another Morale Check to go along with it.

This has resulted in extremely excessive losses to the Austrian and Russian armies in my eyes, with something like 4 or 5 destroyed units on average for the pre-turn alone. And i haven't even gotten a game to Trench Warfare yet!

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:40 pm

ussdefiant wrote:It seems to me, in the Gold edition, that there seems to be some sort of bug when a unit is taking morale checks.

Whenever i see an Out of Combat result pop up, there is always a Destroyed result to go along with it. Even when i look in the battle log, i see an "unit is Eliminated" message immediately after the Out of Combat result, without anything like another Morale Check to go along with it.

This has resulted in extremely excessive losses to the Austrian and Russian armies in my eyes, with something like 4 or 5 destroyed units on average for the pre-turn alone. And i haven't even gotten a game to Trench Warfare yet!

Do you still have RP points available when fighting battles? If you do not have RP points, Corps will automatically flip during their morale check, and be destroyed if they were already flipped. That is why you can only spend 1/2 of your RPs in Reinforcements, because the other half is kept for morale checks during battles.

"Destroyed and Out of Combat" is normal. It means that the Corps is destroyed for the turn, but will be back as reinforcement next turn. If it states that it is just "destroyed", however, it is annihilated and you will have to build the Corps anew.

Tamas

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:48 pm

ussdefiant wrote:It seems to me, in the Gold edition, that there seems to be some sort of bug when a unit is taking morale checks.

The destroyed result next to the out of combat just means that the unit is being taken off the map (will be back next turn) so its nothing wrong with that, other than being a big misleading at first

calvinus

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I confirm what Drakken wrote. Don't worry, no bug. :)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”