patrat
Captain

Mon May 31, 2010 2:53 am

Finally, a piece of humor: In the battle of St. Quentin the Entente forces were (intermittently ??) led by...Lawrence

maybe Lawrence pissed off the high command so much they shipped him to France. :D

heres something weird in the same vein. i built the Wassermann? HQ and it contained arab cavalry. the units looked just like the ones Lawrence commands, but they were the same color as german units. heres the weird part, when you move the mouse cursor over them the tool tip says theyre commanded by lawrence. so i guess he can turn traitor too. ;)

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 am

Franciscus wrote:- Is it WAD that when we start a saved game (and sometimes between turns, IIRC) the map goes to the upper left corner ?

It happens when you do not quit the game before loading a new scenario/save.

Franciscus wrote:- I still saw a few negative events played by the entente on her countries (strikes, rebellion), but as I have yet to grasp the full complexity of the mandatory events, etc, I will not presume it to be a bug.

Strikes and rebellions are mandatory events, so AI is forced to play them when draws, even if negative for her.

Franciscus wrote:- Finally, a piece of humor: In the battle of St. Quentin the Entente forces were (intermittently ??) led by...Lawrence :mdr: (see attached pic)

He's a normal leader in the end, so it means the Entente draw it following a "New Leader" political action and consequently deployed it...

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 7:19 am

patrat wrote:maybe Lawrence pissed off the high command so much they shipped him to France. :D

heres something weird in the same vein. i built the Wassermann? HQ and it contained arab cavalry. the units looked just like the ones Lawrence commands, but they were the same color as german units. heres the weird part, when you move the mouse cursor over them the tool tip says theyre commanded by lawrence. so i guess he can turn traitor too. ;)

Can you post here the save, please? :confused:

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 7:37 am

Random wrote:Hi. Before trying Patrat's save, updated to 1.08E including the new executable to see if the patch would break a saved gave.

Completed my current (Jun 1916) turn and the Diplomatic Phase for July but upon ending the July Military Phase got the error message shown in the post title and attached .jpg followed by a CTD. Same CTD occurred after reloading the save and attempting to end the July turn, which is also attached below.

I have no idea what a failed debug assertion might be...

Best Regards

I tried your save and no crash, like for patrat... Now I'm really puzzled! :blink:

Edit: do you have the crash during battles or during movements?

Tamas

Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 am

lol yes, that is the AI abusing the system :D ie. re-assigning generals.

Perhaps a "locked" status could be introduced for generals later, but it is not a pressing issue I guess.

patrat
Captain

Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 am

calvinus wrote:Can you post here the save, please? :confused:

ok

btw i did a clean reinstall and no crashes yet. of course Franz Joesph hasn't died yet. i hope the old coot lasts till the new year before he kicks the bucket. :D
Attachments
September 1916 2nd save.rar
(388.66 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 12:58 pm

Tamas wrote:lol yes, that is the AI abusing the system :D ie. re-assigning generals.

It's not an abuse. There's indeed no rule that prevents to use Lawrence! :D

Tamas wrote:Perhaps a "locked" status could be introduced for generals later, but it is not a pressing issue I guess.

The TR_Immobilized rule is not good for leaders, so I should develop a new rule script... Not for 1.08F, of course.

patrat
Captain

Mon May 31, 2010 1:45 pm

calvinus wrote:It's not an abuse. There's indeed no rule that prevents to use Lawrence! :D

The TR_Immobilized rule is not good for leaders, so I should develop a new rule script... Not for 1.08F, of course.

i see no need for that. after all its reasonable to assume that Lawrence could of been reassigned to France. he was a serving officer, and they have to go where they're sent.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm

calvinus wrote:I tried your save and no crash, like for patrat... Now I'm really puzzled! :blink:

Edit: do you have the crash during battles or during movements?

Problem found, likely between local chair and keyboard.

I apologise for wasting your time, the save I posted was at start of the military phase with no movements plotted. Although able to reproduce the CTD yesterday, redoing in so far as possible the movements plotted originally I could not do so today and completed the July and August 1916 turns without problems.

This must have been a unique and localized CTD, please disregard it as an issue.

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Mon May 31, 2010 3:18 pm

just checked in 1.08E-If you multiple select (ctrl+) in the reserves field you can deploy multiple corps at the beginnings of new rounds in battle. I think you're only supposed to be able to deploy one?

Franciscus

Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

patrat wrote:i see no need for that. after all its reasonable to assume that Lawrence could of been reassigned to France. he was a serving officer, and they have to go where they're sent.

Yes...but please, it is not good for the "immersion" to stare at Peter O.Toole with a Kefier in his head leading Alled soldiers in the trenches of France... :mdr: :mdr: :D

But, of course, it is not a major point ;)

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Franciscus wrote:Yes...but please, it is not good for the "immersion" to stare at Peter O.Toole with a Kefier in his head leading Alled soldiers in the trenches of France... :mdr: :mdr: :D

But, of course, it is not a major point ;)

I must say I agree! :D

Lawrence wss simply a lietenant, right?
Now the entry year is 1915, and I think we cannot increase to 1916...

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Dragoon! wrote:just checked in 1.08E-If you multiple select (ctrl+) in the reserves field you can deploy multiple corps at the beginnings of new rounds in battle. I think you're only supposed to be able to deploy one?

Not sure, but maybe you found a cheat! :D

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 31, 2010 8:31 pm

So when it is this... thing called patch due?

Will it be save game compatible? :D

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 8:41 pm

The patch should be compatible. I had no problems with my saves.

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 31, 2010 8:43 pm

calvinus wrote:The patch should be compatible. I had no problems with my saves.

Now I am red with envy, it was on purpose. :p oke:

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Have you installed 1.08E + 1.08.6 updated?
Are you having problems with your old saves? :confused:

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm

calvinus wrote:Have you installed 1.08E + 1.08.6 updated?
Are you having problems with your old saves? :confused:

No, I was merely trying to coax out when the next patch, beta or otherwise, will be coming out. And since I have my AAR running with Russia on another forum, I want to know if I'll have to reset.

If you don't ask, you'll never know. :bonk:

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Ahhh ok now I understand.

Well, I uploaded the 1.08F on AgeOD ftp server.
For me, Philippe can publish the 1.08F as official when he wants.

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 pm

calvinus wrote:Ahhh ok now I understand.

Well, I uploaded the 1.08F on AgeOD ftp server.
For me, Philippe can publish the 1.08F as official when he wants.

Hurray! :p ompom:

PhilThib

Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 pm

OK, will do so in the morning tomorrow :cool:

calvinus

Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 pm

PhilThib wrote:OK, will do so in the morning tomorrow :cool:

Well, these is the change log for 1.08F:

[Version 1.0.8a]
[Version 1.0.8b]
[Version 1.0.8c]
[Version 1.0.8d]
[Version 1.0.8e]
[Version 1.0.8f]

New features:
- Added Tutorial #4 for Trench Warfare (also explains some of the new features coming with Gold edition)

Improvements:
- Introduced a time-stamp based sort procedure in orders execution in order to guarantee a perfect synchronization in Multiplayer mode
- Military AI improved by adding a urgent escape for isolated/out-of-supply stacks
- Military AI improved to give more strategic importance to Grand Offensives targets when planning attacks
- Military AI can now ignore the rule concerning the placement of reinforcements in major cities if the difficulty level is set at 3+
- The rule for max sustainable attacks by Central Powers has been tweaked in order to allow attacks in excess in case of Grand Offensives or escape movements done by isolated or out-of-supply stacks
- Modifiers for new Combat Doctrine adoption tests have been slightly modded in order to give a bit more chances od success
- Added a rule that prevents the redeployment of HQs and GHQs to rest-of-the-world areas (i.e.: Africa)
- Added some correction in Spanish game texts
- Diplomacy can now be done on Serbia in the very first Diplomatic pre-phase
- Main Offensives against nations that surrendered during the offensive are now counted as successful
- Introduced a replica mechanism for Interceptions in Multiplayers matches (moddable in WW1.ini file, see parameter 'InterceptionTimeoutThreshold' expressed in milliseconds)
- Weird movement paths outside the boundaries of the map screen are no more displayed
(*) HQs destroyed for prolonged isolation may be now rebuilt
- Added message for automatic retreats towards nearest supply source in case of no additional losses (no disordered retreats)
- The binocular of battle screen is now better centered over the area where combat takes place
- Added new security checks in audio engine to avoid crashes
- Added new security checks in battle screen to avoid crashes
- AI is now automatically un-paused upon battle start (for bad timed event popups that put AI in pause mode)
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster map scrolling for some CPUs
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster execution of movements on map

Scenario corrections:
- Tutorial #2: added a few corrections
(*) All campaign scenarios: added several tunings in turn rules
(*) 1914 scenario: Austrian fleets are now locked till the end of turn #1 to avoid that an accidental merge of fleets make impossible to apply the effects of Goeben battlecruiser event
(*) 1918 scenario: Tsing Tao is now controlled by Japan

Fixed bugs:
- Diplomatic missions planned by the enemy cannot be anymore spotted in Diplomacy window
- Fixed a bug that removed Grand Offensives planning in case of 2 armies commitment
- Fixed a bug in savegame procedure concerning the automatic reinforcement of RP flow of minor nations
- Fixed a bug of recursivity in diplomatic level progression that caused a too easy diplomatic escaltion (i.e.: for USA, UK)
- Corrected a mistake in German game texts that caused a crash when entering the Technological Researchs window
- Fixed a bug in air battles that allowed to reuse air squadrons during the second combat round even if destroyed during the first one
- Introduced a security check in interceptions and next battle clicks for single player mode to avoid game freezes related to those events
- Fixed some mistakes in Leaders Misunderstanding rule
- Fixed a typo error in battle logs for surprise event
- Fixed a rare AI freeze on Military AI occurring only in case of total annihilation of land forces for never surrendering minor nations
- Fixed a regression bug in Grand Offensives' success/failure checks introduced by beta patch 1.08C
- Fixed a rare crash in "main front change negative NW effects" turn rule check
- Fixed an AI bug that cause sometimes the play of enemy favoring events
- Fixed a regression bug that caused battle screen freeze with 1.08E
- Fixed a regression bug in supply checks
- Fixed a bug in diplomatic checks that caused weird results in some occurrences
- Fixed a bug in Fog of War for naval minefields

(*) : not working for older savegames

-----------

and for the free pre-Gold patch 1.07...

[Version 1.0.7a]
[Version 1.0.7b]
[Version 1.0.7c]
[Version 1.0.7d]
[Version 1.0.7e]
[Version 1.0.7f]

Improvements:
- Introduced a time-stamp based sort procedure in orders execution in order to guarantee a perfect synchronization in Multiplayer mode
- Military AI improved by adding a urgent escape for isolated/out-of-supply stacks
- Military AI improved to give more strategic importance to Grand Offensives targets when planning attacks
- Military AI can now ignore the rule concerning the placement of reinforcements in major cities if the difficulty level is set at 3+
- The rule for max sustainable attacks by Central Powers has been tweaked in order to allow attacks in excess in case of Grand Offensives or escape movements done by isolated or out-of-supply stacks
- Modifiers for new Combat Doctrine adoption tests have been slightly modded in order to give a bit more chances od success
- Added a rule that prevents the redeployment of HQs and GHQs to rest-of-the-world areas (i.e.: Africa)
- Added some correction in Spanish game texts
- Diplomacy can now be done on Serbia in the very first Diplomatic pre-phase
- Main Offensives against nations that surrendered during the offensive are now counted as successful
- Introduced a replica mechanism for Interceptions in Multiplayers matches (moddable in WW1.ini file, see parameter 'InterceptionTimeoutThreshold' expressed in milliseconds)
- Weird movement paths outside the boundaries of the map screen are no more displayed
(*) HQs destroyed for prolonged isolation may be now rebuilt
- Added message for automatic retreats towards nearest supply source in case of no additional losses (no disordered retreats)
- The binocular of battle screen is now better centered over the area where combat takes place
- Added new security checks in audio engine to avoid crashes
- Added new security checks in battle screen to avoid crashes
- AI is now automatically un-paused upon battle start (for bad timed event popups that put AI in pause mode)
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster map scrolling for some CPUs
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster execution of movements on map

Scenario corrections:
- Tutorial #2: added a few corrections
(*) All campaign scenarios: added several tunings in turn rules
(*) 1914 scenario: Austrian fleets are now locked till the end of turn #1 to avoid that an accidental merge of fleets make impossible to apply the effects of Goeben battlecruiser event
(*) 1918 scenario: Tsing Tao is now controlled by Japan

Fixed bugs:
- Diplomatic missions planned by the enemy cannot be anymore spotted in Diplomacy window
- Fixed a bug that removed Grand Offensives planning in case of 2 armies commitment
- Fixed a bug in savegame procedure concerning the automatic reinforcement of RP flow of minor nations
- Fixed a bug of recursivity in diplomatic level progression that caused a too easy diplomatic escaltion (i.e.: for USA, UK)
- Corrected a mistake in German game texts that caused a crash when entering the Technological Researchs window
- Fixed a bug in air battles that allowed to reuse air squadrons during the second combat round even if destroyed during the first one
- Introduced a security check in interceptions and next battle clicks for single player mode to avoid game freezes related to those events
- Fixed some mistakes in Leaders Misunderstanding rule
- Fixed a typo error in battle logs for surprise event
- Fixed a rare AI freeze on Military AI occurring only in case of total annihilation of land forces for never surrendering minor nations
- Fixed a regression bug in Grand Offensives' success/failure checks introduced by beta patch 1.08C
- Fixed a rare crash in "main front change negative NW effects" turn rule check
- Fixed an AI bug that cause sometimes the play of enemy favoring events
- Fixed a regression bug that caused battle screen freeze with 1.08E
- Fixed a regression bug in supply checks
- Fixed a bug in diplomatic checks that caused weird results in some occurrences
- Fixed a bug in Fog of War for naval minefields

(*) : not working for older savegames

Tamas

Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 pm

calvinus wrote:Not sure, but maybe you found a cheat! :D

I am pretty sure he did :D

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:19 pm

PhilThib:
Any idea when the new patches will be posted ???

PhilThib

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Done :cool:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”