calvinus

Beta Patch 1.06E

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi all,

I uploaded the beta path 1.06E. This time it's simply a zip file containing the WW1.exe and the Change Log txt. So unzip and copy the files in the game folder.

If you want to see the "1.0.6e" version label displayed on screen in the start menu, you have to edit manually the WW1.ini file. ;)

Herewith the latest news:

[Version 1.0.6e]

Improvements:
- The max 50% RP spending checks are now calculated on the starting RP stock, and no more on the RP flow
- Double-clicking on a HQ over the Reinforcements HQ box now centers the map on the clicked HQ and the focus of the bottom frame is switched to the clicked HQ
- Clicking on a HQ over the Reinforcements HQ box now centers the map on the clicked HQ

Fixed bugs:
- Corrected display error of att/def values for the Commander-in-Chiefs
- Fixed a bug in Reshuffle event that caused a recurrent triggering of the Reshuffle each turn in older savegames
- Fixed a regression bug in naval paths calculation
- Fixed a bug in Victory determination (for Campaign scenarios)

Have fun!
Calvinus.
Attachments
WW1_Patch.zip
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 450 times

vonRocko
Colonel

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Wow! Thanks Calvinus, Does this mini patch fix the naval bug that is preventing fleets from entering ports?
Thanks

calvinus

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:32 pm

vonRocko wrote:Wow! Thanks Calvinus, Does this mini patch fix the naval bug that is preventing fleets from entering ports?
Thanks

Yes. ;)

"Fixed a regression bug in naval paths calculation" refers to movement to ports and movements to/from Pacific ocean globe.

calvinus

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:28 pm

For you volunteers, I uploaded an update of 1.06E. Here the news:

- Fixed a bug in check procedure of other armies' presence for movements in army-by-army mode
- Fixed a bug in that made the Flip Unit button not working during the Lull in land battles

Have fun!
Attachments
WW1_Patch.zip
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 308 times

Evren

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Calvinus,

Sorry for bothering but does this beta patch include the fix of the grand offensive problem (where the attacker gets the NW bonus no matter it succeeds or not)?

calvinus

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Evren wrote:Hi Calvinus,

Sorry for bothering but does this beta patch include the fix of the grand offensive problem (where the attacker gets the NW bonus no matter it succeeds or not)?

Opss. Yes! I forgot to add it in the Change Log... sorry! :neener:

igor7111
Captain

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Great stuff Calvinus. That not being able to enter port
bug was a killer for me. Can play again!!! :thumbsup:

Hanno
Private

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 pm

calvinus wrote:For you volunteers, I uploaded an update of 1.06E. Here the news:

- Fixed a bug in check procedure of other armies' presence for movements in army-by-army mode

Have fun!

Hello Calvinus,

we expierienced this kind of bug behaviour with enemy armies in Multiplayer mode. Is this a bug fix for single player, multi player or both?

Thanks, Hanno

dougbush93
Captain

New RP problem with 1.06e beta

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 am

I started a new CG under 1.06d, then upgraded to the 1.06e beta. In October 1914, the RP system seemed to work fine. Each power was able to use 1/2 its RP stock to flip units to full strength. I then saved the game.

When I opened the game back up later, each nation's RP stock had been reduced to zero. When I saved it, France had 6RP, Russia about 12RP, etc. It looks like Germany and AH also had their RP zeroed out. Save files attached.

-Doug
Attachments
WW1QUICKSAVE-map.zip
(283.43 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
WW1QUICKSAVE.zip
(116.16 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Evren

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:11 am

dougbush93 wrote:I started a new CG under 1.06d, then upgraded to the 1.06e beta. In October 1914, the RP system seemed to work fine. Each power was able to use 1/2 its RP stock to flip units to full strength. I then saved the game.

When I opened the game back up later, each nation's RP stock had been reduced to zero. When I saved it, France had 6RP, Russia about 12RP, etc. It looks like Germany and AH also had their RP zeroed out. Save files attached.

-Doug

The same thing happened to me. Did you happen to save the game after reinforcing your armies (i mean after using half of your RP for filling up your armies again)?

I loaded the last saved game before the military phase, and when it came to the military phase, everything was fine again.

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 am

Hanno wrote:Hello Calvinus,

we expierienced this kind of bug behaviour with enemy armies in Multiplayer mode. Is this a bug fix for single player, multi player or both?

Thanks, Hanno

The bug was so: when performing movements in army-by-army mode, if the movement of the active army was performed before that one of the coordinated army(ies), as soon the game engine was requested to execute the movement of the coordinated army(ies), the move faulted if the target was the actual position/destination of the active army.

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 am

dougbush93 wrote:When I opened the game back up later, each nation's RP stock had been reduced to zero. When I saved it, France had 6RP, Russia about 12RP, etc. It looks like Germany and AH also had their RP zeroed out. Save files attached.

Ok I will check this point as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am

I found and fixed the regression bug. Unfortunately the not-spent RPs are lost. sorry. These are the risks of beta-patching... :(

I will post an update of the patch later tonight.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

dougbush93
Captain

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:20 pm

calvinus wrote:I found and fixed the regression bug. Unfortunately the not-spent RPs are lost. sorry. These are the risks of beta-patching... :(

I will post an update of the patch later tonight.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

No problem. I'm happy to help test things. Other than that RP issue, the patch seemed to be working fine, and I've noticed the AI is much more aggressive.

-Doug

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm

dougbush93 wrote:No problem. I'm happy to help test things. Other than that RP issue, the patch seemed to be working fine, and I've noticed the AI is much more aggressive.

Yes, the bug fix in naval path calculation now makes the AI works much better in planning and executing amphibious attacks. However, an Italian player has already noticed some errors, that I'm going to fix asap.

pk205
Conscript

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 pm

calvinus wrote:Yes, the bug fix in naval path calculation now makes the AI works much better in planning and executing amphibious attacks. However, an Italian player has already noticed some errors, that I'm going to fix asap.

True. The Japanese even attacked Tsingtao for the first time. I would normally be very happy about this, only I'm playing the CPs :bonk:

There's something as being TOO aggressive though. The Japanese fleet is now chasing the German LCs around the South Atlantic... Can't have everything, I guess.

I also got one CTD with this binary, as always in the end of the siege stage. At the very end of the final siege, when pressing next battle to get to the next turn I got the usual pop-up. I could not replicate the bug I'm runnning XP/SP3, McAfee ON, high-end rig, AI mem on, load maps at start, all sounds off.

Kuaron
Civilian

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Hello, Calvinus.
It seems to me that I found some problems during the game:

1. I begin a new game and choose some war plan and options.
Save the game.
Log off to the main menu.
Load the same game.
Try to change the prechosen plan and options, but detailed description of war plans and options are for some reason miss. :blink:

2. Description of events is sometimes very small printed. Attached file has a "Surprise" event description, which is VERY difficult to read. Practically impossible. (My screen resolution is 1024:768).
Maybe You can (I suggest) not to reduce automatically print (as it is), and make a scroll bar for it? Or maybe solve this problem somehow else?

Thank You, and keep on doing Your good work. :thumbsup:
Attachments
00-11.jpg

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Kuaron wrote:1. I begin a new game and choose some war plan and options.
Save the game.
Log off to the main menu.
Load the same game.
Try to change the prechosen plan and options, but detailed description of war plans and options are for some reason miss. :blink:

Known problem. I'm struggling this memory leak in C++ libs since months!
Quit the game and run it again from zero... sorry! :(

Kuaron wrote:2. Description of events is sometimes very small printed. Attached file has a "Surprise" event description, which is VERY difficult to read. Practically impossible. (My screen resolution is 1024:768).
Maybe You can (I suggest) not to reduce automatically print (as it is), and make a scroll bar for it? Or maybe solve this problem somehow else?

Known problem too. Scheduled improvement: fixed text size and up/down scroll button. ;)

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Kuaron
Civilian

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:34 pm

calvinus wrote:Known problem too. Scheduled improvement: fixed text size and up/down scroll button. ;)

Thank You!!! Really Great Game!

calvinus

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi all,

herewith attached you can find the update of the patch.
I fixed the RP regression bug.

Have fun!
Calvinus.
Attachments
WW1_Patch.zip
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 336 times

Evren

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 pm

calvinus wrote:Hi all,

Have fun!
Calvinus.

Hi Calvinus,

This doesn't seem to effect the saved games. Or does it?

yoppy
Sergeant

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:06 pm

I confirm this. Loading a save game that I just started with version 1.06e (first patch) I got a ctd while loading the program. After this I started a new game and had no problem.

... no wait..., after it clearly seems to affect the save games. They won't work anymore :D !

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 pm

The fixes are not savegame compatible.

calvinus

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 pm

TheDeadeye wrote:The fixes are not savegame compatible.

Dear all, there's a way to "fix" the saves:

1) Open the .SAV file (text editor)
2) Locate all BeginNation...EndNation blocks, and inside of them all occurrences:

RecruitPoints=(null);0.00}

3) that are to be corrected as follows:

RecruitPoints={0.00;0.00;0.00;0.00;0.00;0.00}

This said, all RP stocks are lost, as written before, sorry... :(

dougbush93
Captain

RP problem still seems to be there

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 pm

calvinus wrote:Hi all,

Have fun!
Calvinus.

I did the 1.06e additional upgrade and started a new CG as Russia. After I saved the game, exited, and came back and reloaded, the RP for all nations was at zero. See attached.

-Doug
Attachments
WW1QUICKSAVE-map.zip
(283.37 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
WW1QUICKSAVE.zip
(125.9 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

calvinus

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:40 pm

dougbush93 wrote:I did the 1.06e additional upgrade and started a new CG as Russia. After I saved the game, exited, and came back and reloaded, the RP for all nations was at zero. See attached.

-Doug

Inside your save I still see rows:

RecruitPoints=(null);0.00}

It means the installed ww1.exe is not the right one... I'm becoming crazy! :bonk: :bonk:

Are you sure you are using the latest ww1.exe file. Which is its last modification date? :blink:

calvinus

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:16 pm

dougbush93 wrote:I did the 1.06e additional upgrade and started a new CG as Russia. After I saved the game, exited, and came back and reloaded, the RP for all nations was at zero. See attached.

-Doug

Ok, I downloaded and installed the latest upgrade of 1.06E:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=141921&postcount=20

I did the same like you and the RPs are stored fine in the SAV file.

So I guess you messed something... ;)

dougbush93
Captain

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Ok. I thought I had done the update correctly by just unzipping the ww1.exe file and copying it over the previous one. Sorry for the confusion.

Doug

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:59 pm

dougbush93 wrote:Ok. I thought I had done the update correctly by just unzipping the ww1.exe file and copying it over the previous one. Sorry for the confusion.

Doug

how did you install the update then?

AndrewKurtz

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 pm

stegosarus_army wrote:how did you install the update then?

It isn't just WW1.exe. There are other files/folders to overwrite too.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”