Evren

Army Movement After Loading Game

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 pm

I don't know if this has been reported before, but i couldn't find anything regarding this.

After loading a game in the military phase, the green army movement paths became invisible. Also while changing some moves of the armies, i realized that the armies didn't have to make their mandatory attacks anymore; no matter where i moved them, the flag on the army counters always stayed green. This doesn't happen all the time, some saved games work as intended. I attached a saved game.
Attachments
SaveGame.zip
(405.66 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Gossioii1
Civilian

I can fit in.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:03 pm

This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage.

vonRocko
Colonel

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 pm

Gossioii1 wrote:This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage.

What? :confused:

Evren

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:44 am

Evren wrote:I don't know if this has been reported before, but i couldn't find anything regarding this.

After loading a game in the military phase, the green army movement paths became invisible. Also while changing some moves of the armies, i realized that the armies didn't have to make their mandatory attacks anymore; no matter where i moved them, the flag on the army counters always stayed green. This doesn't happen all the time, some saved games work as intended. I attached a saved game.

I also realized that if i sent any of the corps from an army detachment to the army reserves before the mandatory attacks in the very first turns, all the red flags on the army counters turn green, so i don't have to attack anymore.

Also, when Germans attack Belgium, the army in Aachen moves to Antwerp over the Dutch region Maastricht, thus becoming isolated. I'm using 1.06d.

calvinus

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:01 am

Evren wrote:Also, when Germans attack Belgium, the army in Aachen moves to Antwerp over the Dutch region Maastricht, thus becoming isolated. I'm using 1.06d.

Mmmhhh... this is why Holland provides only the right of passage through Maastrich, not the supply. You are probably playing in army-by-army mode and you have yet not conquered Liege, so you cannot trace a supply route to Antwerp... so hurry!

Evren

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:42 am

calvinus wrote:Mmmhhh... this is why Holland provides only the right of passage through Maastrich, not the supply. You are probably playing in army-by-army mode and you have yet not conquered Liege, so you cannot trace a supply route to Antwerp... so hurry!

The problem is, i'm playing in WEGO mode and it's the AI that's moving through Maastricht, not me. I don't like the AI armies perish like this.

And i'd be really glad if you could check the mandatory attack problem. If there isn't an easy solution for this, then i won't send my corps to reserves of Army HQs.

Thanks anyway.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”