Chertio
Lieutenant

Post-Combat Army Problems

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:47 am

[1.06d - playing CP]

August 1914: the French have already attacked and besieged Saarburg, now they attack VI and VII Armies in Strassburg. There are also several battles elsewhere.

September (save game attached): the Armies in Strassburg get a number of reinforcements announced by telegram (7 in all) including Saarburg and Strassburg garrisons. This seems to have created some problems...

Saarburg and Strassburg garrisons have been put directly into VI Army. If I detach them, they remain part of VI army, I can't see how to make them independent.

In the reinforcements window I have three Corps:
- the VI Army one cannot be placed anywhere on the board without a stacking restriction error (presumably because VI Army already has max Corps);
- the V Res K Corps also cannot be placed on the board for stacking reasons (I think it was in VI Army last turn and got killed, I wonder if it is still assigned to the Army);
- the VIII Army one, no problems.

Oddly, at Metz the V Army also has two garrison units in it. If I detach Metz garrison, it becomes independent. Thionville garrison does not.

Also the general commanding !V Army in Luxembourg has lost his portrait.

Sorry, I didn't save the two previous turns and had AI Logs switched off, so the Sep 1914 save is all I have.
Attachments
September 1914.zip
(430.51 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

calvinus

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:37 pm

The putting of garrison reinforcements inside armies is a choice of Bruno. Indeed the aim is to put them in the HQs, not in the fortresses. So it's a WAD.

The game currently does not allow to create garrison detachments. This is a new feature whose development is scheduled inside the Stacks Management Window. ;)

For what concerns the portrait of IV army general, I will investigate asap. Possible cause: it was a random leader (so removed at the end of the turn).

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Chertio
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Thank you Calvinus.

What of V Res K Corps, as it is independent I should be able to put it onto the board? My guess is that it still 'belongs' to its former Army.

calvinus

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:49 am

As soon I finish the checks on Grand Offensives bug, reported in another thread, I will examine your stuff. :)

Chertio
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Thank you Calvinus, no hurry as it is easy to get round.

Return to “Help improve WW1!”