Johnny Canuck

Oddity with Double Agent Event

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 am

In a game I just started as the Central Powers, among the events I selected to keep in August 1914 was Mata Hari. Immediately after the events phase, the Entente AI played the Double Agent event, with the text 'Mata Hari Captured . . .' This was despite the fact that I had not played the Mata Hari event, & indeed it still remained in my hand. I was subsequently able to play the Mata Hari event without interruption. Something is wrong here, since I think Double Agent is only supposed to be playable if Mata Hari (or similar events) have just been played.

One thing that *might* have caused the problem was that I had ended an earlier game and started the new one without exiting the programme. Though I cannot remember, perhaps Mata Hari was the last event played in the earlier game, and when I started the new one, that event was still registered as the most recently played? In other words, that the programme's memory of the last event played is not cleared when starting a new game. Just a thought . . .

AndrewKurtz

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:In a game I just started as the Central Powers, among the events I selected to keep in August 1914 was Mata Hari. Immediately after the events phase, the Entente AI played the Double Agent event, with the text 'Mata Hari Captured . . .' This was despite the fact that I had not played the Mata Hari event, & indeed it still remained in my hand. I was subsequently able to play the Mata Hari event without interruption. Something is wrong here, since I think Double Agent is only supposed to be playable if Mata Hari (or similar events) have just been played.

I saw the same with 1.06b.

calvinus

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:29 am

Ugh, indeed it's a very stupid usage of such event by the AI.... I will check it! ;)

calvinus

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

Johnny Canuck wrote:In a game I just started as the Central Powers, among the events I selected to keep in August 1914 was Mata Hari. Immediately after the events phase, the Entente AI played the Double Agent event, with the text 'Mata Hari Captured . . .' This was despite the fact that I had not played the Mata Hari event, & indeed it still remained in my hand. I was subsequently able to play the Mata Hari event without interruption. Something is wrong here, since I think Double Agent is only supposed to be playable if Mata Hari (or similar events) have just been played.

Ok I checked the event. Actually no condition is present.
What i can do is to add two conditions in OR mode, as follows:

; Conditions
BeginCondition
Type=EC_PreviousEvent
Parameters=SEC_003,0
EndCondition
BeginCondition
Type=EC_PreviousEvent
Parameters=SEC_004,0
EndCondition

ConditionsFormula=({1} OR {2})

In fact, the Double Agent event is meant to be played against SEC_003 (Espionnage) or SEC_004 (Mata Hari). So here why the two conditions...

The problem is that the Mata Hari event can be played only once, so the condition has a sense here... While the Espionnage can be played more than once... so what should I have to do? :wacko: Why should I prevent you from playing the double agent against an enemy espionnage (multi-usage) because Mata Hari is yet not in play? :bonk:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”