Hanno
Private

Multiplayer in 1.05l

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Dear all,

yesterday, we played another Multiplayer game and reached August 1914 (at last). I would to report some observations / bugs related to gameplay in general and to multiplayer gameplay.

1.) In current Multiplayer, in the 2. (regular) diplomacy phase in early August 1914 the political results get out of sync (big problem, recurring error). In our game there was 1 mission against Romania and afterwards the diplomatic status of the country was reported 6 to the Entente and reported 10 to the CP.

2.) Reinforcement Phase August 1914. When pressing next phase, 2 out of 3 tries resulted in different initiative reports on our computers. One try had Entente initiative on my PC and CP initiative on Fabian's. Next try vice versa. This resulted in an unplayable Military phase. The 3rd try both PC's reported Entente initiative and we could proceed with activations / battles in the Military phase.

3.) At the Siege phase of Early August 1914 I got a transparent Siege screen with only the troops and buttons visible.

4.) I often wonder about die modifiers. If I attack in a Forest, I often got -2 and the defender +2 to his combat. Shouldn't this be just +1 to the defender? Also when attacking across a river, is the +1 defense really counted only for the first round? Also when attacking with the French in the mountains it shows -4 and +4 in general. According to the rules this should be just +2 to the defenders in the first round.

5.) In Movement warfare the combat ended after 10 rounds. According to the boardgame rules the battles ends, when I side is forced to retreat or when it wished to retreat. So the battle could have a duration of 11+ phases, I think.

The game gets better and better. Please check the multiplayer diplomacy bug and the syncro problems. The A and M keys work great.

I will attach the Savegame with the reinforcement Phase 1914 (Bug 1 and 2) later tonight.

Best Regards,

Hanno (Entente) and Fabian (CP)

calvinus

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm

I will (be able to) work on the Multiplayer issues during the week-end. ;)

Thanks,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Hanno wrote:5.) In Movement warfare the combat ended after 10 rounds. According to the boardgame rules the battles ends, when I side is forced to retreat or when it wished to retreat. So the battle could have a duration of 11+ phases, I think.

For technical reasons, I was forced to introduce a maximum duration limit for all battles: 2 rounds for air duels, 10 rounds for land battles and sieges, 15 rounds for naval battles. Sorry, no other way... :(

All other problems seem a generic loss of synchro. :wacko:

Hanno
Private

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Calvinus,

thanks for the answers. Please also have a look into point 4.) I have this terrain combat modifier problem also in single player. E.G. Forest should be +1 to the defender, right?

Regards, Hanno

calvinus

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:57 pm

That modifiers sums some factors together. But i will have a look also there, mainly for the Combat Logs stuff.

Marquee
Sergeant

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:01 pm

calvinus wrote:For technical reasons, I was forced to introduce a maximum duration limit for all battles: 2 rounds for air duels, 10 rounds for land battles and sieges, 15 rounds for naval battles. Sorry, no other way... :(

All other problems seem a generic loss of synchro. :wacko:

How does the game determine the winner, then, if it ends due to maximum rounds? :confused:

calvinus

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:28 pm

If the land battle finishes with a stalemate at the end of the 10th round, the defender is victorious and the attacker must retreat.

Hanno
Private

Buggy Savegame

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Hello Calvinus,

attached is the problematic savegame: Hanno, Entente; Fabian, CP.

1.) On the Entente PC Romania is standing at Diplo Level 6, on the CP PC it stands at 10

2. The save is in the Reinforcement phase of August 1914. If you push next phase, in 2 out of 3 times we had different initiative in the Military phase. Only in the 3rd try both had Entente initiative.

Regards, Hanno
Attachments
SaveGame.rar
(751.93 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

calvinus

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Perfect Hanno. Tomorrow I will work on the MP stuff.

In the meanwhile, can you please help lilien and Gilles Thibaut who are having problems in establishing the connection between the Host and the Client... it should be easy for you. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 am

Dear Hanno, I absolutely need of the savegames of both PCs: that one saved on your PC and that one saved on the PC of Fabian. :wacko:
Otherwise I can't reproduce the problem.

Anyway I'm going to try by myself, without savegames. ;)

Gilles THIBAUT
Conscript

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks Hanno for the help with hamachi
We suceeded establishing a multiplayer game with Lilian.
We played the first phase of august.
But after the first phase of august we were stuck for the second phase.
Impossible to play the movement and combat. Both lilian and i were informed that we were not the active players. We went for all troops on the map to be sure that they were given orders. But nothing happened

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 am

Ok, I found two sources of loss of synchro:

1) an erratic loss of synchro in the Initiative order determination;
2) a recurrent loss of synchro in the execution of scheduled orders (that cause for instance all those differences in diplomatic missions).

I'm going to fix both of them, of course. :thumbsup:

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:40 am

Gilles THIBAUT wrote:Impossible to play the movement and combat. Both lilian and i were informed that we were not the active players. We went for all troops on the map to be sure that they were given orders. But nothing happened

This is cause by the loss of synchro in Initiative order determination. It's close to be fixed! :)

Next patch. :love:

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 am

The loss of synchro in Initiative order determination is fixed!!! :p ompom:

Now I'm testing the fix on synchro in random seeds for orders execution. :gardavou:

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Tested for three turns, all synchros seems ok. :love:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”