Nial
Colonel

On warweariness

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Couple issues and suggestions here. Not sure if this is WAD or not.

1) MHO....-2 to NW in the may/ june 1915 interphase seems a bit high. The war has only been going for approx 9 months. I would like to see this reduced to -1 or 0 .

2) In my game the -2 is applied to all nations. Then there is a second round where another -2 is applied once again to all nations. Is this WAD?

3) If Italy or the British join the war even one month before the interphase they are still assesed the -2 NW. Is this WAD? It would seem wrong to asses a nation the -2 NW if they have only been at war one month.

On strikes:

While strikes do and have lasted six months and more, that is usualy the exception not the rule. I would like to see a variable time frame of 1-6 months with a die role check each month.

Even when I have a successfull political restore order event. I see no strikes or uprisings affected.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gbs
Colonel

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Not meaning to be a wise guy but, what does WAD mean?

Nial
Colonel

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 pm

gbs wrote:Not meaning to be a wise guy but, what does WAD mean?

Working as designed :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Working As Designed.... ;)

Nial
Colonel

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:17 pm

PhilThib wrote:Working As Designed.... ;)

Gottcha :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

:mdr:

calvinus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:08 am

Nial wrote:Couple issues and suggestions here. Not sure if this is WAD or not.

1) MHO....-2 to NW in the may/ june 1915 interphase seems a bit high. The war has only been going for approx 9 months. I would like to see this reduced to -1 or 0 .

2) In my game the -2 is applied to all nations. Then there is a second round where another -2 is applied once again to all nations. Is this WAD?

3) If Italy or the British join the war even one month before the interphase they are still assesed the -2 NW. Is this WAD? It would seem wrong to asses a nation the -2 NW if they have only been at war one month.

Ok I will have a look there asap. :)

Nial wrote:On strikes:

While strikes do and have lasted six months and more, that is usualy the exception not the rule. I would like to see a variable time frame of 1-6 months with a die role check each month.

Even when I have a successfull political restore order event. I see no strikes or uprisings affected.

Nial

I figured this is a side effect of a small bug reported yesterday by gbs. Gbs reported this bug: for events that generate rebellions in enemy territory, the "nationality" of the rebellion is the same of the nation playing the revolt, not of the owner of the target area. The consequence is that the game engine does not recognize the rebellion as owned by the affected nation.

I will fix this problem very easily and quickly.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Rafiki

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:40 am

gbs wrote:Not meaning to be a wise guy but, what does WAD mean?

If you find yourself in other acronym woes, take a look at http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9217 :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

calvinus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:03 am

Nial wrote:1) MHO....-2 to NW in the may/ june 1915 interphase seems a bit high. The war has only been going for approx 9 months. I would like to see this reduced to -1 or 0 .

Ok, I investigated. This is not war weariness. It's the side effect of the "length of war", performed in 1915 (-2 NW), 1916 (-3), 1917 (-3)...

So it's a WAD. Applied to all nations at war. Not depending on when the nation herself joined the war. :(

Edit: you will see that war weariness has much worse effects! :cool:

calvinus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 am

Nial wrote:On strikes:

Nial

Btw, this bug is fixed. Official patch. :love:

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:40 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok, I investigated. This is not war weariness. It's the side effect of the "length of war", performed in 1915 (-2 NW), 1916 (-3), 1917 (-3)...

So it's a WAD. Applied to all nations at war. Not depending on when the nation herself joined the war. :(

Edit: you will see that war weariness has much worse effects! :cool:

Ok, but why is it applied twice to all nations instead of once? It distinctly is applied twice. It goes through the list of nations at war two seperate times for a total of -4 not -2

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:41 pm

calvinus wrote:Btw, this bug is fixed. Official patch. :love:

Thanks Cal :)

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Nial wrote:Ok, but why is it applied twice to all nations instead of once? It distinctly is applied twice. It goes through the list of nations at war two seperate times for a total of -4 not -2

Nial

It's applied once per interphase. Do you mean you saw it more than once in the same interphase? :confused:

Nial
Colonel

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:02 am

calvinus wrote:It's applied once per interphase. Do you mean you saw it more than once in the same interphase? :confused:

Yes. It goes through the nations at war twice. -2 each time through for a total of -4 to each nation at war.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help improve WW1!”