PhilThib

Beta Patch 1.05i

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:38 am

Work of the week-end from Calvinus, including the fixes on 1.05h discussed here.

Link to Patch 1.05i

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1/Patches/WW1_Patch_v1.0.5i.exe

Link to Demo Patch 1.05i

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1/Patches/WW1_DemoPatch_v1.0.5i.exe

Special Note for our Spanish friends: the patch includes the Spanish version language of the game. However, some of the localization work was not completed in time or as would be best of the game, and we would really need a feedback and changes from you all ;) :coeurs:
For example: the spanish texts on the Option menu are too long and overflowing...could you offer us shorter versions? :D

Thanks in advance
:coeurs:

arsan

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks Phil!
Will pass the news to the Spanish subforum! :thumbsup:
Regards!

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:33 am

Yes, please. As soon we have a good version of Spanish texts, we can deliver an official patch. ;)

Thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 am

Herewith the news:

[Version 1.0.5g]
[Version 1.0.5h]
[Version 1.0.5i]

New Features:
- Added Spanish language localization
- Added two new shortcut keys: F9 (pause/unpause AI) and F11 (do screenshot)
- Commander-in-chief values are now displayed on the leader card
- Game updated to version 1.1.3c of irrKlang sound library

Improvements:
- Added several memory leak checks in most critical points in order to make the game more stable and secure for those unlucky PC configurations that are still suffering randomic crashes
- In 4-players mode the allied AI player does not perform diplomatic missions anymore
- Added a procedure that performs all corrections in border reciprocity among map areas (see Persian Gulf / Red Sea bug)
- Mutinies can now span their effect only on Infantry/Cavalry corps
- Improved the performance of AI for evaluating the play of events (huge mouse lags occurred in advanced play mode when the "hand" of AI events was quite large)
- The message of successful/unsuccessful diplomatic missions has been enriched because it was a bit confusing
- Removed a nasty loop in delay siege action performed by AI
- Technological Researchs window: available technologies are now displayed not grayed out
- Added a check that should avoid the play of not-mandatory events (stratagems) done by the AI against herself
- Removed a cheat that allowed the teleporting of independent detachments during the Military phase with the drag & drop using the right mouse key
- The historical event "Goeben battlecruiser takes refuge in Pola" has now more chances to happen
- Added difficulty checks for most mandatory events
- The max number of losses that can be inflicted to armies due to a mutiny can be now customized (row MME in GameRules.CSV DB)
- The description of French Plan XX has been corrected
- Political actions can be planned now also during the Politics phase
- Battle window: general's values are now displayed also for Commander-in-chief leaders, when used as army generals
- Introduced max number of technological researchs per nation;
- Introduced check on entry year for technological researchs.
- The scrolling offset of the Reiforcements shortcut HQs box is no more resetted when a reinforcement is placed
(*) Corrected the picture of the "Reshuffle" event
- Supply rules corrected (HQs may be considered as a supply relay only if supplied)
(*) Introduced a downgrade of attack/defence/morale values for BEF special units (upon II British army entry)
- Naval movements cannot be anymore performed from land area to another land area, so avoiding the weird moves "inside" Africa
- Added dark caption background rectagle to the combat result texts
(*) Added some corrections to the English and French marine troops redeployment events

Fixed bugs:
- Siege buttons sometimes were disappearing (4-players mode)
- Finally fixed the naval transport and supply bug for the areas bordering the Persian Gulf and Red Sea (see Improvements)
- Fixed a bug that made the drag & drop not working in some occurrences
- The bug of wandering interface elements has been eradicated
- Sieges and battles of just capitulated nations were causing a game hang
- Fixed bug in checks for technology shared and public status transitions
- Trenches level was increased also upon the 2nd or later usages of trench technos
- Fixed a graphic bug in battles window that prevented the scrolling on the right of units on the Rear of naval & air battles, and sieges
- Some multiplayer bugs fixed (crash upon load end on client, synchro of die rolls upon turn startup)
- Justly planned diplomatic moves can now be undone
- Fixed a rare bug in diplomatic missions: only one mission over two were performed in some circunstances
- Fixed a bug in Munitions speding during battles: MUN points were spent during the first three combat rounds when a fortress is present, not during the fourth and following rounds, as designed
- Fixed rare crash in Grand Offensives planning window
- Fixed a very rare crash in save procedure (land battles, only for advanced game more)
- Land battle result determination improved: the cause of the weird results now eliminated
- Fixed bug in diplomatic missions: AI was so quick that was able to schedule two missions per turn
- Fixed an extremely rare hang on siege screen (4-players mode only)

(*) : old savegame are not affected, sorry.

Elements highlighted in bold refer to the 1.0.5i.

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

Now how to make corrections to the texts:

- whenever you spot a text to be corrected/shortened, open the Game Texts.xls file (located in the Modding folder)
- search the text and apply the correction inside the Spanish localization column

If you want to update the game texts in order to see the result of your correction(s), select the "SP" language and click the "Generate file for" button. This will launch a (visual basic macro) script. So you are asked to click the "Enable Macros" button when you open the excel file.

Another way (simpler) is to post here your suggestions for corrections. I will do the job on my side. ;)

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am

PhilThib wrote:
Special Note for our Spanish friends: the patch includes the Spanish version language of the game. However, some of the localization work was not completed in time or as would be best of the game, and we would really need a feedback and changes from you all ;) :coeurs:
For example: the spanish texts on the Option menu are too long and overflowing...could you offer us shorter versions? :D

Thanks in advance
:coeurs:

Great. I will take a look :thumbsup:

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:01 am

For the "Configure Game" program (WW1Configurator.exe) I had to use the automatic translator! :(

So please have a look also at the Data/Dictionary/WW1Configurator.ini file, [SP] section.

Many thanks,
Calvinus.

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Ok, no problem. I hope tonight i could take a deep look ;)

Kaiser1918
Corporal

Irrklang

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:13 pm

It still has the annoying break...so I turn the sounds off...all other stuff looks nice now. The only suggestion for the combat results is to place the result window always next to the unit selected...

I went to October 1914 and no crashes, just pure fun...

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm

What is the upadated sound library? Is a change to way songs are played?
Roma Aeterna Est

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Syagrius wrote:What is the upadated sound library? Is a change to way songs are played?

Ok, I simply received from the developer of irrKlang sound lib (the third-party sound engine we have bought and integrated in the game) an update of the engine. Prior version used in the game was 1.1.2. Now, with 1.05I, it's the v1.1.3c (new DLLs). That's all.

Herewith a link to the "change log" of irrklang:

http://www.ambiera.com/irrklang/changes.html

Edit: The only insteresting stuff is:
Fixed a bug causing irrKlang to crash when playing looped, streamed sounds in 3D under special circumstances.
But, unfortunately, I play all not-looped 2D sounds... :crying:

Marquee
Sergeant

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 pm

This was from the previous 1.05h thread, and is the reply of calvinus to my complaint that I was not able to advance the turn in my game:

You have to finish all your army activations.
In your savegame, the armies to be activated yet are:
German II, IV, XII, XIII;
Austrian III and IV.

As soon you will have finished all your army activations, the "impulse" of the Entente player will begin.

The army-by-army mode is for geeks!

I'm amazed. I could've sworn that in previous turns I didn't have to activate all of my armies to advance the turn. I thought army activation was optional as long as you didn't have a attack order. I guess I stand corrected.

I do maintain my suggestion, though, that it would be nice if the interface had a button that would select and focus on a formation that needed to be activated before you could end the turn.

And I really like the army-by-army game; I am just such a "geek"! :coeurs:

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:30 pm

There's already a way to see which armies are yet to be activated: those ones that do not have a open/closed white envelope printed close to the stack. Close envelope means active/coordinated army. Open means previously activated/coordinate army. Do you mean you wish to have a shortcut key that brings you to the first army not yet activated?

For what you experienced before, I guess you was always the second player in turn order. The first player is always required to activate all his armies, because the opponent may always perform a reaction.

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Marquee wrote:I'm amazed. I could've sworn that in previous turns I didn't have to activate all of my armies to advance the turn. I thought army activation was optional as long as you didn't have a attack order. I guess I stand corrected.

Mmmh... this shortcut key could be Ctrl+Enter.

It could work so:
1) bring to the first unsatisfied mandatory attack (all game modes), then
2) bring to the first not-activated army HQ (only in army-by-army).

Other suggestions? ;)

AndrewKurtz

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 pm

calvinus wrote:Mmmh... this shortcut key could be Ctrl+Enter.

It could work so:
1) bring to the first unsatisfied mandatory attack (all game modes), then
2) bring to the first not-activated army HQ (only in army-by-army).

Other suggestions? ;)

I'd personally prefer E/R as these are used in other AGEOD games. But I can get used to any key combination.

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:36 pm

What is E/R? :confused:

sval06
Captain

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:39 pm

calvinus wrote:What is E/R? :confused:

Letter "E" and letter "R" on a keyboard ;) :D

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Ahhhh! Sorry, my one neuron was not working! :mdr:

Nial
Colonel

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Great news Cal. We are sooo getting there with this game. :thumbsup:

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:46 pm

I have other good news. Martin is double-checking again the big manual and a new version will come soon. In the meanwhile, I'm going also to build a detailed section dedicated to Events, with everything inside: timelines, description, conditions, consequences...

This will take some days, but at the end you will have a deeper view on the game.

AndrewKurtz

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:28 pm

calvinus wrote:I have other good news. Martin is double-checking again the big manual and a new version will come soon. In the meanwhile, I'm going also to build a detailed section dedicated to Events, with everything inside: timelines, description, conditions, consequences...

This will take some days, but at the end you will have a deeper view on the game.

Awesome!

BTW, in other AGEod games, R moves to the next and E moves to the previous. Sorry. I'm just so used to E/R :bonk:

Hanno
Private

Small AI improvement suggestion

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm

After some playings, I had the impression, that the AI always places its Artillery in the left battle 1914 (if only 1 Arty is available).

So if I have only 1 Arty, I always place it in the left battle to play it safe.

Maybe this AI behaviour could be a bit more randomized in 1914.

Haven't observed large battle in 1915+ yet.

Regards, Hanno

dougbush93
Captain

Combat definitely better under 105i

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 am

I'm not sure exactly what the changes were from 105h to 105i, but combat under 105i is definitely working better. I installed 105i on top of a campaign game I've been playing as the Entente.

1) The obstinacy of the Generals seems to be actually working for the first time. The "retreat" button doesn't become active until you've attacked the required number of rounds. :thumbsup:

2) I haven't had any mysterious automatic retreats when I still had ample reserves / committed corps. First time since I bought the game that this one really annoying bug appears to have been eliminated. :thumbsup:

Great Work!

Doug

calvinus

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Herewith some news that will come with the official patch:
- Added a new shortcut key (CTRL+R) that allows to display all actual rail connections on the map
- Added a new shortcut key (CTRL+S) that allows to display all supply lines for the selected stack
- Added a new shortcut key (M) that centers the map over the first unsatisfied mandatory attack
- Added a new shortcut key (A) that centers the map over the first not-activated army (army-by-army activation mode only)

:thumbsup:

Nial
Colonel

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Nice........All those will be helpful :thumbsup:

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nial
Colonel

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 pm

dougbush93 wrote:I'm not sure exactly what the changes were from 105h to 105i, but combat under 105i is definitely working better. I installed 105i on top of a campaign game I've been playing as the Entente.

1) The obstinacy of the Generals seems to be actually working for the first time. The "retreat" button doesn't become active until you've attacked the required number of rounds. :thumbsup:

2) I haven't had any mysterious automatic retreats when I still had ample reserves / committed corps. First time since I bought the game that this one really annoying bug appears to have been eliminated. :thumbsup:

Great Work!

Doug

I totaly agree. Things are shaping up nicely. I think we are definitly on the cusp of seeing this games true potential emerge.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marquee
Sergeant

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Those hotkeys will be very very helpful calvinus. Thank you for the effort.

AndrewKurtz

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Marquee wrote:Those hotkeys will be very very helpful calvinus. Thank you for the effort.

+1

Strat_84
Private

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 pm

I've tried the beast. There are still some problems but it is now possible to reach 1915 in the current state.

What I have noticed:

1°) The music still occurs to crash during fights (no more sounds nor music) BUT it doesn't hang the game anymore. Now you can save the game and restart to get back the sounds, the turns you played aren't lost.

2°) A few weird things in combat:
- the Belgian army is attacked by a German one, it has 3 units (a cavalry in reserves, an infantry in main army and another one in a detachment). At the end of the fight the infantry in the detachment is destroyed without having been seen in combat, and the combat report says 3 belgian units have been killed :blink:
- Liege is besieged by Germany, and the British army comes to rescue it. But after 2 turns the fortress falls and there was no fight between Germany and UK even if the 2 armies were both in the same region for 1 or 2 turns.
- Galieni defended Antwerp but couldn't retreat even after more than 10 rounds of fight (If the germans hadn't unexpectedly decided to retreat this army would have been turned into a dead meat hill :bonk :)

calvinus

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Strat_84 wrote:1°) The music still occurs to crash during fights (no more sounds nor music) BUT it doesn't hang the game anymore. Now you can save the game and restart to get back the sounds, the turns you played aren't lost.

Good news on my side. The developer of the sound engine provided me a great support. A new version of the sound wrapper is done! I'm optimistic... ;)

Strat_84 wrote:2°) A few weird things in combat:
- the Belgian army is attacked by a German one, it has 3 units (a cavalry in reserves, an infantry in main army and another one in a detachment). At the end of the fight the infantry in the detachment is destroyed without having been seen in combat, and the combat report says 3 belgian units have been killed :blink:

I believe your Belgian forces suffered a panic, that hits not only the engaged corps, but also the other units. :neener:

Strat_84 wrote:- Liege is besieged by Germany, and the British army comes to rescue it. But after 2 turns the fortress falls and there was no fight between Germany and UK even if the 2 armies were both in the same region for 1 or 2 turns.

Interesting... are you playing in WEGO mode?

Strat_84 wrote:- Galieni defended Antwerp but couldn't retreat even after more than 10 rounds of fight (If the germans hadn't unexpectedly decided to retreat this army would have been turned into a dead meat hill :bonk :)

Strange this too... defending forces may always retreat! Have you missed something in the Retreat window?? :confused: You have first to select the retreat area and then to click on the "Flee" button. Did you do so?? ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”