vonRocko
Colonel

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:15 pm

calvinus wrote:Nobody has seen or is appreciating the new feature "event cards discard"??? :D

Also, have you discovered you have now 16 slots of event cards??? :D

I definitely noticed,great improvements! :thumbsup:
One of the first things I noticed was a nice improvement in detaching and attaching corps. It seems to be responding better.
This game is great, I knew it would be! :D :coeurs:
Thank you Calvinus!
:neener:

db99
Corporal

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 pm

calvinus wrote:Nobody has seen or is appreciating the new feature "event cards discard"??? :D

Also, have you discovered you have now 16 slots of event cards??? :D

I looked for the discard but I couldn't find it ;) Where does it show up?

Also, I still am unable to move different armies into the same territory. I thought that was going to be allowed in WEGO mode now. Am I wrong about that? They were of the same nationality incidentally.

Game is getting better and better and is starting to take more and more of my time :thumbsup:

Tamas

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:04 pm

db99 wrote:I looked for the discard but I couldn't find it ;) Where does it show up?

Just open up the event with a left-click, there will be a button on the lower left part of the event window titled "discard" :thumbsup:

calvinus

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 pm

db99 wrote:I looked for the discard but I couldn't find it ;) Where does it show up?

All event cards are now clickable. Once you click on the card, the popup window appear. You see the "Discard" button on the bottom-left corner of the window. In addition, if the event cannot be played, the Ok button is not clickable and it's so tooltipped: "Event cannot be played because the conditions are not met".

db99 wrote:Also, I still am unable to move different armies into the same territory. I thought that was going to be allowed in WEGO mode now. Am I wrong about that? They were of the same nationality incidentally.

What is the red colored error message? Are you sure the stacking limits rule is respected? Are you sure you are in the Military Phase? Are you sure the target area is not locked because of a previous battle fought there? ...

db99
Corporal

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:50 pm

calvinus wrote:What is the red colored error message? Are you sure the stacking limits rule is respected? Are you sure you are in the Military Phase? Are you sure the target area is not locked because of a previous battle fought there? ...

Error message: Move order not allowed: other army present in destination area. Not allowed to move army detachment towards land area containing detachments that belong to other army.

Can't move armies in any other phase :D

I'm sure stacking limits were not issue in some cases I tried. Was moving a single corps detachment into same area as other single corps detachment from different army. I'm not sure if a battle had been fought there or not. Is there a report that would show that? Is it counted as a 'battle' if you moved into an area previously controlled by another nation even if no enemy units were there so no actual battle took place?

calvinus

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Can you post here a zipped savegame? ;)

db99
Corporal

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

calvinus wrote:Can you post here a zipped savegame? ;)

Here it is.

It may very well be the battle issue as it's 2nd turn of 2 player campaign and I'm playing as central powers. France attacking on West and I've got Russian units coming in all over the east :D So probably not too many non-battle areas at this point.

Would be nice if the "can't move" message specified stacking limits or battle previously taken place instead of just the standard can't move army into other army's area. That would help greatly to eliminate confusion ;)
Attachments
WWISave.ZIP
(424.24 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Nikel

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Serpent77 wrote:What about the correction of ahistoric russian flag? Nothing is said about it in patch improvements...

While the artist does the official flag, you can try this ;)

[ATTACH]5174[/ATTACH]

Backup the 5 flags files in the folder

"World War One\Data\Graph\Interface\Image"

They are called Img_FlagsVeryLarge,...

Then unzip in the same folder this file and overwrite the 5 graphic files

Please report if it is OK for you now

[ATTACH]5173[/ATTACH]
Attachments
RussiaFlag.jpg
FlagRussiaFixedWW1.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 198 times

calvinus

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:19 pm

db99 wrote:Also, I still am unable to move different armies into the same territory. I thought that was going to be allowed in WEGO mode now. Am I wrong about that? They were of the same nationality incidentally.

Fixed. You will find the correction in the official patch 1.05 on next monday. :love:

calvinus

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 pm

db99 wrote:It may very well be the battle issue as it's 2nd turn of 2 player campaign and I'm playing as central powers. France attacking on West and I've got Russian units coming in all over the east :D So probably not too many non-battle areas at this point.

The no-movement-in-battle-areas rule is in effect only when the strictly turn-based mode is on, sorry... I forgot... :o

By the way... I see your progresses on the Western Front are not so good! :D

db99
Corporal

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:20 pm

calvinus wrote:By the way... I see your progresses on the Western Front are not so good! :D

That happens when you forget to issue orders to the southern half of your front line before hitting the end turn button :bonk: :D Maybe that last glass of scotch last night wasn't a good idea either ;)

Your quick responses to forum posts (and quite often bug fixes) are unrivaled in my experience. This is really turning into a great game :thumbsup:

I need to read some things about WWI though, this is my first game of that era and I'm clueless as to the lead up or what the political situation was at the time :confused:

Tamas

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:53 am

db99 wrote:
I need to read some things about WWI though, this is my first game of that era and I'm clueless as to the lead up or what the political situation was at the time :confused:

You probably already know that, but the most excellent summary of the starting events is the book Guns of August. Remarkable.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:21 am

Guns of August!!! Remarkable indeed. Like reading a story; It has as a leading player: Inspector Clouseau as the head of the BEF!! t

DJACK
Private

WWI.ini

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 am

I confirm i had exactly the same problem than BRUIT BLEU with my serial in wwi.ini.
I deleted the 5 on == > 5 [MISC] (by default) and created an only one section for [MISC] (there is two by default) and now the game can be launched.

calvinus

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:02 am

DJACK wrote:I confirm i had exactly the same problem than BRUIT BLEU with my serial in wwi.ini.
I deleted the 5 on == > 5 [MISC] (by default) and created an only one section for [MISC] (there is two by default) and now the game can be launched.

But be sure you have not two [MISC] sections. I must investigate on such strange installation problem... :wacko:

db99
Corporal

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Tamas wrote:You probably already know that, but the most excellent summary of the starting events is the book Guns of August. Remarkable.

I'd heard of it but didn't know anything about it. Thanks for the recommendation :)

dougbush93
Captain

Repeatable CTD with 105a

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:54 am

The attached game crashes every time I load it and try to move from the reinforcement phase to the military phase. Just click on the "end phase" button and it should CTD when the first "Military AI is busy" message pops up. I am playing the CP in the CG using "turn based" mode, but not using army-by-army activation.

Thought it was a Vista thing so I did a restart, but same thing happened 4 times in a row.

Doug
Attachments
105a Nov 14 Reinf map.zip
(283.28 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
105a Nov 14 Reinf.zip
(123.44 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

calvinus

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:31 am

First of all, I see you have renamed "manually" the .MAP file into:

105a Nov 14 Reinf map.MAP

while the filename should be:

105a Nov 14 Reinf.MAP

as stated inside the [HEADER] section of the .SAV file:

[HEADER]
BeginHeaderScenario
NameCustomMapFile=SaveGame/105a Nov 14 Reinf.MAP

This makes the game not loadable... ;)

calvinus

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:48 am

Fixed. Next patch... :love:

dougbush93
Captain

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for taking a look. Just so you know, I tried going back to the save file before the one I sent you (from the start of the turn during the events phase), switched the game out of "turn based" and was able to proceed. As you have pointed out, its best played exclusively in WEGO mode for now. :bonk:

Doug

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:51 pm

I got a serious mix up with the notes telling me what phase Im entering, I got a notice that I was entering "redeployment phase" but I entered the "interphase".

And I got a problem with the A-H province Oravita, it starts out as a province in the A-H but if the Serbs capture it then it becomes a Romanian province controlled by Serbia or A-H depending on whose military force been there last. Romania is still neutral although it is leaning strongly to CP.

Screenshot and save game added.

I use beta patch 1.05a.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

calvinus

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:03 pm

You "liberated" Oravita from the Austrian "occupation" and you "donated" the area to the original owner Rumania.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm

calvinus wrote:You "liberated" Oravita from the Austrian "occupation" and you "donated" the area to the original owner Rumania.

That makes no sense to me but okay... :blink: :bonk:
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

calvinus

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Ok, I will explain more clearly. ;)

Some areas "naturally" belongs to some nations but are occupied by other ones. Examples: Alsace-Lorraine is "naturally" French, but it's occupied by Germany, Trento and Trieste are "naturally" Italian, but they are occupied by Austria-Hungary, and Transilvania is "naturally" Rumanian...

Well this last one is your case: you "liberate" an area inside Transylvania that naturally belongs to a "potential" ally, so you "donated" that area to Rumania.

Clear now? ;)

Return to “Help improve WW1!”