Nebogipfel
Conscript

Gold Map/Original Map

Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Does anyone play with the original map?

I bought WW1Gold in the end of last year, so I´ve never had a reason to play the original map.
Yesterday evening I started the game with the original map and discovered, that my system is running much better with it. Mainly because of the lower details, I guess.

So, thinking about the gameplay, does it make a difference, which map I use for gaming?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Doesn't the Gold map have at least one (or is it a couple) of extra provinces? You can see from the MapAreas.csv file in the respective GoldMaps and Maps folders that there is some sleight numbering differences.

I tried the original map but found the skewed orientation a distraction but did not pursue it enough to notice any performance differences. If there is, nice catch!

Nebogipfel
Conscript

Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Random,

I´m pretty sure you´re right, somewhere I´ve read something about little differences between this two versions.
I suppose the OOB´s are a bit different too.
I will have a look at this tonight.

My system definitly runs better with the old map. When I´ve finished my current match (Gold), I will give the old map a try. Don´t dare it now, because I´m not sure of this different OOB´s. Maybe I get used to the 45 degree angle.........

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”