Averkinen
Sergeant

Units sprite ...

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello, again!

I recently started learning to do something in modding for WW1 Gold, but constantly confronted with serious problems. I always try to solve them myself to that simply not ask for a hundred times how to solve them, but with some I can not cope without help from more experienced in this matter. In short, I started to create a mod for this game, which will add of the armies of all the neutral countries in this game, as well as some more of things. Own work, I started with China, as it is a little easier to start with, it already has some texture, and is the only country participating in a real war, but still has no army here, well, stuff from China is also quite easy to find. All went well with everything, but appeared a problem with Units sprite! In the column "Units sprite" for China (it's in the file Data \ DB \ GoldScenarios \ GrandCampaignTwo \ Nations) I write the line "IMG_MAP_Chineses", counting on the fact that I pointed out the way the texture of China.

But then when I went into the game, got this:

I can not understand the problem, because as I understand it when I write the line "IMG_MAP_Chineses", I pointed the way to Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \ Spr_Chineses, where you can find the Graph for the Chinese army:

Maybe I need somewhere to register the graphic file for China? But I have not found this place. Besides, I was immediately there is another question, if I draw a new schedule (for example for Denmark), then I should just put a new file in Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \, and in the Nations file in line to Denmark to register IMG_MAP_ ...? I so understand it (I mean only external graphics, which will be on the map, everything else I've already figured out)? Thanks in advance! ;)

Regards!
Sorry for my bad English. ;)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Hello, again!

I recently started learning to do something in modding for WW1 Gold, but constantly confronted with serious problems. I always try to solve them myself to that simply not ask for a hundred times how to solve them, but with some I can not cope without help from more experienced in this matter. In short, I started to create a mod for this game, which will add of the armies of all the neutral countries in this game, as well as some more of things. Own work, I started with China, as it is a little easier to start with, it already has some texture, and is the only country participating in a real war, but still has no army here, well, stuff from China is also quite easy to find. All went well with everything, but appeared a problem with Units sprite! In the column "Units sprite" for China (it's in the file Data \ DB \ GoldScenarios \ GrandCampaignTwo \ Nations) I write the line "IMG_MAP_Chineses", counting on the fact that I pointed out the way the texture of China.

But then when I went into the game, got this:

I can not understand the problem, because as I understand it when I write the line "IMG_MAP_Chineses", I pointed the way to Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \ Spr_Chineses, where you can find the Graph for the Chinese army:

Maybe I need somewhere to register the graphic file for China? But I have not found this place. Besides, I was immediately there is another question, if I draw a new schedule (for example for Denmark), then I should just put a new file in Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \, and in the Nations file in line to Denmark to register IMG_MAP_ ...? I so understand it (I mean only external graphics, which will be on the map, everything else I've already figured out)? Thanks in advance! ;)

Regards!

calvinus

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 am

The tag IMG_MAP_CHINESES is to be added, sorry. It's not available..
I will do in 1.08M, so you will be able to use the Chinese sprite. ;)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 am

calvinus wrote:The tag IMG_MAP_CHINESES is to be added, sorry. It's not available..
I will do in 1.08M, so you will be able to use the Chinese sprite. ;)

Okay, thanks a lot! But then if I will build my schedule for the other neutral countries, then I can prescribe for their own sprite, or will again to send it to you? ;)

Regards!

calvinus

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am

Mmhh... it depends on what sprites you're going to use. Check the content of file Resources/ResId.h if the IMG_MAP_... tag you want to use is present or not.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:51 am

calvinus wrote:Mmhh... it depends on what sprites you're going to use. Check the content of file Resources/ResId.h if the IMG_MAP_... tag you want to use is present or not.

Okay, I looked through the file. There is not one sprite, which I want to use in the future, that is, they must be created anew. By the way, I tried to register "#define IMG_MAP_CHINESES 575", but it still does not work. :bonk:

calvinus

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

Averkinen wrote:Okay, I looked through the file. There is not one sprite, which I want to use in the future, that is, they must be created anew. By the way, I tried to register "#define IMG_MAP_CHINESES 575", but it still does not work. :bonk:

No no no, please don't do these things. So you make the game not working anymore... :bonk:

This stuff is to be done by me and the game executable is then to be generated again.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

calvinus wrote:No no no, please don't do these things. So you make the game not working anymore... :bonk:

This stuff is to be done by me and the game executable is then to be generated again.

A clear, well then, as will been done, when I already draw the texture, I'll do all the skills and prescribe, then I'll send to you everything you already register the IMG for it, to make it work, ok? ;)

Btw, in the meantime I'll work on Afghanistan, apparently I think choose to "IMG_MAP_ARABS" for him, as well as Persia, but with internal textures, I still think to do again as well as Persia (because they are very similar), or draw new textures, do not know till , but I'll try to do as much as possible quality.

calvinus

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Ok, if you find other sprites physically present on the game folder but not logically tagged in the ResId.h file, do not hesitate in posting here. I'll add all tags you need of. ;)

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

calvinus wrote:Ok, if you find other sprites physically present on the game folder but not logically tagged in the ResId.h file, do not hesitate in posting here. I'll add all tags you need of. ;)

Okay! :thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:28 pm

It may seem absurd, but I haven't the sprite of Chineses in my game source repository!!! Where and how did you find it????!!! :w00t: :D :bonk: :wacko: :mdr:

Averkinen
Sergeant

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm

:D ... Strangely enough, you yourself have confirmed this earlier, that you've created it for the future of modding, I found it in Data \ Graph \ Map \ Units \ Spr_Chineses. If you want, I can even send it to you, but then the question arises: if you did not, then who did this? :w00t: :sherlock: :cthulhu: :bonk: :bonk:

calvinus

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 am

Probably I removed that sprite because not used, this could be an explanation. Since 2008 many things happened to WW1 game and I don't recall every modifications as well, of course...

Ok, post here the sprite, zipped.

Thanks.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 am

calvinus wrote:Probably I removed that sprite because not used, this could be an explanation. Since 2008 many things happened to WW1 game and I don't recall every modifications as well, of course...

Ok, post here the sprite, zipped.

Thanks.

Ok, no problems, here:

;)
Attachments
Spr_Chineses.rar
(310.24 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

calvinus

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:52 am

Perfect, thanks. I'll add the "new" sprite as soon as possible.

Averkinen
Sergeant

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 am

calvinus wrote:Perfect, thanks. I'll add the "new" sprite as soon as possible.

Okay, thanks a lot! :)

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”