RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Naval combat values

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 am

Hi,

Is there a reason why Naval combat values are the same for undamaged and damaged squadrons ? Is this how it works in the boardgame ? I had a battle between the German scouting fleet and the British scouting and Grand fleets. The German battlecrusiers took damage early but then refused to sink and gradually wore down the British ships and eventually won the battle. I was thinking of reducing the fire value of damaged squadrons (only BB, B and BC). Has anyone else modded Naval values ?

Rob

calvinus

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:59 am

I do not recall if combat values are the same on both sides of counters, but I guess it's so.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

Just remembered that the boardgame rules are posted here so I will look in there, thanks.

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:17 pm

ok, I'm glad I looked in the boardgame rules now. I can see the process for conducting a Naval battle and this is generally followed in the computer game but with significant differences. I think these differences should be corrected otherwise the Naval game is unbalanced. I have tried to carry out some tests with Naval battles but have hit another issue regarding Naval combat modifiers which appear not to work. I will post in the main forum when I have worked out what I think is not working.

Thanks.

calvinus

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 pm

If the modifiers are linked to TR_NavalCombatModifier, the bug is fixed. So don't hesitate from posting something else. :thumbsup:

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”