Piddyx
Conscript

How does the modding folder work?

Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 am

Hello,

I see that in WW1 Gold there is a modding folder in the installation folder. Are there any guides on how to manipulate these files?

Regards,
PddyX

PhilThib

Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 am

No guide really. Those files are most of them Excel files with game data. Once modified, they are exported in csv format in the game and used in it. If you have desire to do some modding, the best trick to start with is to make a post here and describe your ideas / ask your questions... so we can collectively react and build up on them. :cool:

Piddyx
Conscript

Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm

PhilThib wrote:No guide really. Those files are most of them Excel files with game data. Once modified, they are exported in csv format in the game and used in it. If you have desire to do some modding, the best trick to start with is to make a post here and describe your ideas / ask your questions... so we can collectively react and build up on them. :cool:

Thanks for your answer.

I'm just learning how the game works, so I am not looking at making a serious mod as much as I am trying to give myself an advantage until I better understand the game's mechanics. So far I have figured out that the save game files are easy to figure out, which might be enough for now.

Chiteng
Private

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:18 pm

PhilThib wrote:No guide really. Those files are most of them Excel files with game data. Once modified, they are exported in csv format in the game and used in it. If you have desire to do some modding, the best trick to start with is to make a post here and describe your ideas / ask your questions... so we can collectively react and build up on them. :cool:

Well editing the save file is useless so obviously you have some template file hidden away somewhere.
The modding file is NOT easy to understand - its in hex looks like.

So how would I add 100$ to the Russian start?

Gray_Lensman

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 pm

deleted

Return to “WW1 mods and modding”