06 Maestro
General

Serbian Scenario-Multiplayer

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 am

Tamas of Ageod fame and I had a completed a little game today. I took the Austrian side. As there was no initial plan to do an AAR, this will be rather brief.

My plan for the Austrians was to concentrate the 6rh Army and move along a parallel route west the 5th so they might be able to support one another. The smaller, but very dangerous Serbian Army could defeat each army separately if too far away from each other. The 5th Army was to cross the river north of Belgrade, bypass the city in an effort to defeat the Seboan forces before they concentrate. The 5th Army would then turn back on Belgrade and lay siege.

Upon its arrival, the 2nd Army was to move east of Belgrade and cross the Danube to join forces with the 5th Army in a decisive battle with the Serbs after the 5th was finished at Belgrade.

06 Maestro
General

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:09 am

There were several small battles with the Serbs generally gaining the upper hand, but not always. The great battle with the combined forces of the 2nd and 5th Armies finally occurred in November. The artilery was in reserve to insure that both armies could reach the objective. Although it would make the opening battle more costly, it seemed likely that ammunition would run out before the battle was over anyway. So, the artillery joing the fight a little later did not really matter.

I was confident of victory...

06 Maestro
General

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 am

And the results of the great battle.....

06 Maestro
General

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:12 am

After such a defeat I had expected to achieve a draw. Apparently the losses suffered by the Serbians were also very heavy. Belgrade was firmly in Austrian hands and the Serbian Army had to withdraw as it was nearly surrounded.

I count myself as lucky in this one.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18 AARs”