NefariousKoel
Captain

Army by Army Activation vs WEGO

Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 am

So.. I've tinkered with both options and I can see the benefits of both. I've some questions for those who've experienced them.

Does the AI perform as well with AbyA activation? It seems like they were less aggressive in this mode when I tried it in the small scenario. Actually, they seemed downright frozen and didn't do much on their own turn. There was no option to intercept or interrupt during the AI turns - is that a byproduct of it not doing anything? Is this something to be concerned about?

I would much rather play with activation on, as the tabletop game intended, even though it would take noticeably longer. However, I'm wondering if it's the most challenge due to AI behavior right now.

Any insight?

Tamas

Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 am

NefariousKoel wrote:So.. I've tinkered with both options and I can see the benefits of both. I've some questions for those who've experienced them.

Does the AI perform as well with AbyA activation? It seems like they were less aggressive in this mode when I tried it in the small scenario. Actually, they seemed downright frozen and didn't do much on their own turn. Is this something to be concerned about?

I would much rather play with activation on, as the tabletop game intended, even though it would take noticeably longer. However, I'm wondering if it's the most challenge due to AI behavior right now.

Any insight?

You misplaced this thread a bit, but a mod will take care of that ;)

The AI is far from being totally passive in army-by-army mode but yes, it is somewhat better at offensive plans in WEGO.
I would advise everyone to get a grip on the various aspects of combat, supply and gameplay while in WEGO, without the added complexity of the army-by-army activation.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

Tamas wrote:You misplaced this thread a bit, but a mod will take care of that ;)

The AI is far from being totally passive in army-by-army mode but yes, it is somewhat better at offensive plans in WEGO.
I would advise everyone to get a grip on the various aspects of combat, supply and gameplay while in WEGO, without the added complexity of the army-by-army activation.

Thanks for the advice Tamas!

I must've been lost when I posted this in AARs. :bonk:

calvinus

Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 am

Send a PM to the forum administrator(s) asking them to move this thread inside WW1 section.

Egg Bub
Major

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:01 pm

This thread could still do with moving. ;)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18 AARs”