jenniferx
Conscript

Tutorial 2

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello. I bought the game yesterday. Skimmed through the manuals and decided to try the tutorials. Got the first one done yesterday. Tried the second one today. It would not allow me to detach the second cavalry unit like it said it should in the tutorial. Additionally the tutorial indicates that a second soldier should appear. Well it didn't. What did show up is a second bar under the one soldier with a color bar that was less than the length of the first color bar. So I get that that means there are two detachments - the one with longer bar has more troops. But when I follow the instructions EXACTLY like it says in the tutorial, the tutorial doesn't perform as it says it should. That is, there's no popup window to select what army I want to attach the second unit to. In fact when I attempted to detach the second cavalry unit and place in the same region, I got an angry red message in the lower left of the screen indicating that was not a valid place and the Russians didn't control it etc, etc. So if you can't do THAT then you can't progress in the tutorial which makes it rather useless.

Additionally, none of the basic control commands (like escape) worked so I had to CONTROL_ALT_DELETE and kill the game. I'm sure my machine isn't the culprit. Windows7, 64 bit, quad core, plenty of ram, et al. Seems to run everything else fine. So anyone else with this issue?

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

"Additionally the tutorial indicates that a second soldier should appear - it does not appear per say - it is the second bar that you talked about" - if you click on one bar you see the original army - the other bar should have just the calvary unit

"So I get that that means there are two detachments" - no - one detachment and one army

"That is, there's no popup window to select what army I want to attach the second unit to" - this can be a little tricky - it does work though - when you drag the calvary unit out to place in the detachment drop it near the round base of the soldier in the area and you will get the menu - if you miss you will see three bars (army and now 2 detachments) - select one detachemnet drag the calvary to the base again and try it again (I would put it back into the army and then transfer a second time to the detachment - for your information a toally new way is now in place to do this - came out after this tutorial was written - uses a reorganization window and is a lot easier to deal with

"Additionally, none of the basic control commands (like escape) worked so I had to CONTROL_ALT_DELETE and kill the game" - on the left side of all the tutorial windows is an "X" which alows you to exit the tutorial back to the main window

Hope this helps
Jack

Revan
Corporal

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Tutorials is really the weak point of the game...we learn a lot more with Tannenberg, Serbia, 1914 and even Caporetto scenarios.

jenniferx
Conscript

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Okay, I got it to work. Clicking on the base is the key. Thanks for the tip. That was pretty frustrating. However that begs another question. If you want to use the counters instead of the campaign map figure, do you simply click on the counter?

Thanks again for the help Jack.

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 am

I use the reorganization (I think that is what it is called - look in the Big Manual Additions - the explanation is bad - you just have to play around with until you figure it out) tool to merge most of the time

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”