PrinzHeinrich
Conscript

WW1 Gold crashed in the battle

Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 am

Hi, I have installed ww1 Gold with all patches, but if I play the game, in short times the game stopped in the battle and shows a blinking symbol of a brain and the game is crashing. Do you know the problem? So I can´t play the battle.
Do you have a solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

calvinus

Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

Hello, what's the OS? Antivirus? UAC is on? Such kinds of crashes are commonly caused by UAC and/or the antivirus. I suggest you to configure the antivirus to make WW1.EXE as trusted application, and to switch off UAC (if Win Vista or superior).
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Nebogipfel
Conscript

Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 pm

If you have the option "all time for AI" or something like that on, turn it off.
(I play in German language)

This option leads to endless thinking AI enemies too.

Turbo823
Captain

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 am

I am getting this infinite blinking brain lockup on battles as well. It isn't a consistent lockup but I've noticed that prior to the lockup, the thinking brains seem to slow the speed to the next battle down.

I tried Calvinus' suggestion - Using Win7, single core mode, Winxp compatible mode, no antivirus, and UAC off.

Update:

Reinstalled the game and playing with multi core mode, turned off AI more time, no load sounds at start,no compatibility mode, and no load map at start. The blinking brain bug seems to have disappeared. Go figure..

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”