TheDoctorKing

Ctd

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 am

The game crashed while executing my breakthrough moves on the first turn. Here's the log files.

You know, I have to say this game is very frustrating. I read all the board game rules, half in French, trying to figure out what was going on. Greatly excited, I opened the game up once more. Disappointment... I still can't get my guys to move where I want them to - I grab VIII Army in Memel and tell them to head up the rail line towards Riga and they ignore me and stay put. I grab I Army in Gumbinnen and tell them to march towards Minsk and they head the other direction. Very frustrating indeed. I wish I could figure it out because from reading the board game rules this looks like about the best WWI game I've seen.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 am

Can you post here the savegame (.sav & .map) of the moment immediately before the crash, if possible? Thanks, Calvinus.

TheDoctorKing

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 am

This is not the moment immediately before but shortly before. What I did after this point was activate German 1, 2, 3, and 8 armies (coordinated), order 1 to move north of the Russian fort and down the rail line to Minsk, with its two detached corps following it to the first hex entered after crossing the Russian border. I ordered 8 to move two hexes north along the seacoast and then head inland along the rail line towards Riga with the Koenigsburg garrison corps following on behind to the first hex across the Russian border (converting rail lines). I sent 2 into the hex with the Russian 2 right next door, joining its detached corps into the main army. I sent German 3 north of Lodz towards Warsaw.

8 didn't go anywhere (?), 1 went northwest instead of where I ordered him to go. The other two, and the two detached corps from 1, ran into Russian armies, fought battles, won, and had breakthroughs to execute. The game CTDed on the execution of the breakthroughs.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 am

Ok I will test all what you reported as soon as possible. Thanks, Calvinus.

calvinus

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Tested almost the same as you. Armies went where planned :wacko:
The 2nd army coordination failed, this is the only difference.
No crash, breakthoughs worked fine, also breakthrough battles. :blink:

This done in debug mode. I will test again in not-debug mode.

TheDoctorKing

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm

I noticed that I was able to coordinate 4 armies. I thought that this was not possible. Maybe that's the problem. I was trying to do something that wasn't covered in the rules.

I also tried to set one of the Italian armies on reaction. It didn't trigger, though.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

calvinus

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:I noticed that I was able to coordinate 4 armies. I thought that this was not possible. Maybe that's the problem. I was trying to do something that wasn't covered in the rules.

I also tried to set one of the Italian armies on reaction. It didn't trigger, though.

I don't recall exactly how the coordination stuff works, but I think it's possible, even if difficult. The closer the armies are located near the GHQ and the better the coordination value of the generals, the more chances for such a coordination...

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”