Volcano
Civilian

v1.08L: consistent CTD

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:53 am

Hello all,

This is a copy of a post made over at Matrix Games WW1Gold forum (where there was no reply for a month):

-----------------

I have attached an .rar file here that has a saved game in it. The file consistently gives me a CTD every time I try to play the turn.

(I wasn't sure if both the .MAP and .SAV files are needed, so I included them both in the .rar just in case)

...all you need to do is load the saved game and press the button in the bottom right of the window that executes the plotted moves (the yellow arrow). Watch the Central Powers units move all over the map. Once the moves are complete, a battle will occur at Nancy. Once this battle is complete (just go through it quickly, or press the AI advice button to have the AI fight it), then a CTD should occur after the battle once a telegram message pops. If it does not happen right away, then continue the turn through the battles quickly and it will occur.

I have played the turn about 10 times and the CTD happens at various times throughout the executed moves - and cannot get through this turn without it occurring. Hopefully this can get fixed: no one wants to spend many hours playing through 1914 in the Grand Campaign only to have a consistent CTD render it unplayable.

I hope this helps.
Attachments
CTD-SaveGame.rar
(353.84 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

calvinus

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 am

I tested your save two times in debug mode, no crash. Now I'm doing again in non-debug mode, let's see what happens.

In the meanwhile, I list here the usual suggestions:
- logged in as PC Administrator
- UAC off
- configure your antivirus so that WW1.EXE is a trusted application
- try with sounds & musics off (WW1 Config tool)
- no AI Logs (WW1 Config tool)

Also, if you installed the Upgrade Kit, send a PM to PhilThib asking for the download link of the full gold, then uninstall the game (keep your save) and re-install it, just in case some files are corrupted because of the upgrade kit (so causing the crash during battles).

Edit: also run the game in single CPU mode.

calvinus

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 am

I tried again twice in non-debug mode, no crash. So my guess is the cause is the UAC or the antivirus, as usual. So try to work on that side. I hope this helps... :love:

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”