Tiranus
Conscript

Need help...

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:49 am

Hi! I am from Russia, and I want to speak - WWW1 very cool game! :thumbsup: I need help. I'm having the some problem with the game. I have version game is russan version 1.06! After I install the free patch 1.07K my serial number is invalid. I checked and my seial key is the same in the WW1.ini and serial.ini. Can I installation of a patch in Russian version? And other qiestion. I download gold version. This version is englysh. My question: what files work as text message in game and what font use in ? Excuse my bad English! It`s not my motherlanguage.

PhilThib

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:39 am

Please contact us at pthibaut@ageod.net so we can give you the way to solve the issue :coeurs:

calvinus

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Hello Tiranus, ask PhilThib the download link of the full Gold Version, that is not for Russian language, sorry. The Gold Updgrade kit is not suited for the 1.06 Russian edition, so you have to uninstall the old Russian 1.06 and install (UAC off, logged in as Administrator, not on drive C) the new full Gold Edition (then patched to the last version). I hope this will help you. :)

EdWK
Civilian

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks for your email today.

I no longer have a problem with the serial mumber. By loading the game under D:\Matrix Games\WW1G instead of C:\Program Files it took my serial number.

However although the game came up it would not go beyond the screen Single Player, Multiplayer, Credits, Quit.

When I select any of those bars they do light but nothing happens when I click on any of them.

calvinus

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 am

I'm a bit puzzled. What is your video card? Are card drivers updated?

When you click on one of these buttons, do you hear the click sound... at least?

Possible causes: something inside DirectX is not delivering to the game engine the mouse click notification message (no sound click), or something is negating access to the new game screen when you click the button.

Did you try to launch the game in single-CPU mode?

EdWK
Civilian

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm

My video card is Nvidia8800GTS. I have a quad core with 4 GB RAM. I have a C: and a D: drive and I installed the game to D:\Matrix Games\World War 1 Gold. I put most of my games in D:

No click sound heard. Just lights up.

Not sure what you mean by single CPU mode. I have tried to launch from the desktop icon as well as from the icon in the WW1 folder.

During instalation I noted there was first an installation called "temporary" and I loaded that and the game both to D:\Matrix Games\WW1G. I extracted files to there as well.

I just realized while writing this that on this last download of the game I did not disable my firewall although I had done that on the very first time several days ago when I downloaded and then had an issue with the game not taking my serial number.

calvinus

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 pm

EdWK wrote:Not sure what you mean by single CPU mode. I have tried to launch from the desktop icon as well as from the icon in the WW1 folder.

Go to the Start menu of Windows and navigate it to the WW1 menu. Click the option "World War One (single CPU mode)"

EdWK
Civilian

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:54 am

Still the game does not come up. I select the lighted Single Player and there is no "click."

Tamas

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 pm

could this still be a Russian version - new patch mixup?

PhilThib

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Should not be, it seems EdwK bought from Matrix games :bonk:

calvinus

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 pm

If the cause is not some settings in Win7, I suspect the cause is an uncompatibility with the video card. Has somebody else that vcard? :blink:

EdWK
Civilian

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 pm

PhilThib wrote:Should not be, it seems EdwK bought from Matrix games :bonk:

Video card is Nvidia8800GTS

I've also contacted Matrix Games on this issue.

calvinus

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:24 pm

I run the game under my video card NVidia 8600 GS with no problem, but on Win Vista.

Xylifrost
Civilian

Need help

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 am

Buying an account didnt help yer game, what makes you think a CPU will?

Heregerifa
Civilian

Problems with 1.07L patch

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:03 am

I bought the DVD Military strategies with WW1 as well as the 2 American games.

I have downloaded and applied the 1.07L patch on to a Acer Aspire 7535 laptop.

I get the additional scenarios but the roster only appears at thhe beginning of the game or during some AI turns. (it slides of the right of the screen when the player mouse is 'live')

I do not get the battle log or unit management buttons and the map is still NS not EW. Any ideas?

calvinus

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:57 am

Heregerifa wrote:I bought the DVD Military strategies with WW1 as well as the 2 American games.

I have downloaded and applied the 1.07L patch on to a Acer Aspire 7535 laptop.

I get the additional scenarios but the roster only appears at thhe beginning of the game or during some AI turns. (it slides of the right of the screen when the player mouse is 'live')

I do not get the battle log or unit management buttons and the map is still NS not EW. Any ideas?

Extremely strange behaviours!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:
You should see the army roster everytime you click on one of the nations controlled by you. You should see the battle log every time you click on the appropriate button. You should see the army NS oriented... always! :blink: :blink: :blink:

My suggestion is: send a PM to PhilThib asking for the download link to the full game installer 1.08L, download it, uninstall this version currently installed on your pc, and re-install the game with the latest download. Be sure you're logged in as PC Administrator and with UAC off, both when installing the game and when playing it.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”