Franciscus

Intro Video

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm

This was already reported, but might have got lost.
In my PC, although the very first time I loaded the game the intro video played fine, never again I was able to see it. In fact, if I do not disable this option in the configurator, all that I get is a black screen (hitting Esc key I can go the main menu, though). This is probably something to do with Divx codecs, and it was exactly the same with GI...
Of course, I personally could not care less for the intro video (although it is rather nice...:coeurs :) , but this small problem should also be corrected as for the average gamer might be very annoying having to stare a black screen and having to change options in some configuration utility just to NOT be able to see an intro video... :wacko:

(My specs: WinXP SP2, Intel E6550 dual core, 2 Gig RAM, ATI HD 2600 XT with 1 Gig vRAM)

06 Maestro
General

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:54 am

I am having a problem with the intro also. The intro plays, but it is in a block about 3 cm by 2cm in the top left corner of my screen.

I'm not a big fan of the intros, but I do like to see it now and then.
BTW, it was the same before the patch too.

PC Specs; AMD Athlon 3500, 1 gig Ram (for another week) 256 graphics board, and integrated ASUS sound.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Same problem for me, I have the Matrix version of the game, black screen with a tiny square at the top left. I installed the divx as required. Would like to see the intro too!

Just tried someting, in the configurator I chose 1024x768 instead of "use monitor resolution" and I can now see the intro, which is a nice one :)
Roma Aeterna Est

Jim717
Conscript

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:06 am

Had a problem also. Use the DivX menu from the start button, go to "helpful links", then "DivX support". A Blue page will be displayed from their website. The third line has a link to "the DivX All in one fix v1.81", click this link. then part way down the page is a link to download the all in one fix. Download it and save it to your desktop. Double click to run the program, and when it starts, check the box titled "Video display problem". It will run a fix and should solve the problem. At least it worked for me, as my into runs perfectly now. Hope this helps.

Return to “WW1 Technical support / Aide technique”