Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Finals alteration

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Just a heads up,

After some thought on the matter, at this point I'm going to change the finals from the full April 1861 GC to one of the shorter 2 theater scenarios. It's not really up for debate because this tournament could literally go on for another year if we played the full GC. At this point I think the 48 turn (?) 1864 campaign is the way to go. It's the only one of the 2 theater campaigns which seems short enough to accommodate a tournament yet seems long enough to be a final and also has some finality to it. Alternately we could play the 1862 campaign through to 1864. Some might say that's the way to go from a balance standpoint, but sine you'll be playing both sides in the 64 campaign it's naturally balanced also.

If you (3 players) have thoughts on the matter you can post them here, but right now I'm heavily leaning towards the 1864 2 theater campaign for the championship.

Thanks
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

runyan99

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 am

If I advance I was actually looking forward to playing the April scenario because I like starting from scratch and because I haven't played the full game for quite a while.

A turn limit is okay though. How about we play the first 48 turns of the April 61 scenario, then score it?

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:15 am

runyan99 wrote:If I advance I was actually looking forward to playing the April scenario because I like starting from scratch and because I haven't played the full game for quite a while.

A turn limit is okay though. How about we play the first 48 turns of the April 61 scenario, then score it?

Ok, if you advance you and Benway can approve. As long as it's fair and not beyond 48 turns it's fine with me.

benway9
Private

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:32 pm

honestly i was actually looking forward to a full campaign, for much the same reason as Runyan, being able to start from scratch. however, i understand it will take much time to complete both sides of the match. i've never played any of the other truncated scenarios so i have no opinion about any of them specifically. if its determined that we want to go 48 turns into the full campaign and take the scores from there, so be it. works for me if that's what is decided upon.

thanks

Pete

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am

benway9 wrote:honestly i was actually looking forward to a full campaign, for much the same reason as Runyan, being able to start from scratch. however, i understand it will take much time to complete both sides of the match. i've never played any of the other truncated scenarios so i have no opinion about any of them specifically. if its determined that we want to go 48 turns into the full campaign and take the scores from there, so be it. works for me if that's what is decided upon.

thanks

Pete

It has to be 48 turns, meaning two years game time. It's just not feasible to get another year in of "real time" play - which is about how long 116 turns *2 would take considering this is 3 people, vacations, sickness etc. Keep in mind "I" am committed to hosting and documenting it. This was never meant to be a tournament that coincided with the growth of our children and death of our relatives. :bonk: If you guys want to play the full GC against each other after this tournament, or perhaps against the winner of the other tournament, you're certainly welcome. I can't stop you from doing that.

Sorry that the time factor wasn't too well thought out initially.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 am

Let me just add this: the way you guys want to do it it would end in April if we did just 48 turns. I'd be willing to host it through to Late Oct 1863. That gives you the full 1863 campaign season to do something. After that the game becomes completely lopsided towards the Union anyways.

runyan99

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Okay. Win or lose nobody probably wants to play out 1864 and 65 anyway.

benway9
Private

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:45 pm

true, after 63 it is just to see how long the CSA can hang on anyway. quitting after the 1863 campaign season works for me.

Return to “1st AACW PBEM Tournament (2008/2009)”