Kensai

VASSAL Engine: bridging board games to computers

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:00 pm

This is a very interesting engine for board game lovers, even amateurs.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Owl
Major

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Ah yes. I've created a module for personal usage based on my own design for Vassal before. It's really quite easy to learn and comprehend, there's a great series of tutorials for it on Youtube if you are interested. Playing digital versions of classic board wargames without the constrains of real life presence is of course the main attraction with Vassal, but I've not yet found time to do so unfortunately, although I'd be really interested in trying out "Reds!" sometime and see how it plays out in comparison to RUS.

anjou
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:15 am

Vassal has been my go-to method of playing for a year now. Paths of Glory and Twilight Struggle are perfect for it.

W8taminute
Conscript

Re: VASSAL Engine: bridging board games to computers

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Vassal is great but if a game is available on ZunTzu http://www.zuntzu.com/faq.htm I prefer that app instead. And if a game I want is on Table Top Simulator that is definitely the best option in my opinion.

Rebellion to Tyrants
Corporal

Re: VASSAL Engine: bridging board games to computers

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 am

Do they have war of the ring?

Return to “Boardgame Central”