woolymuffler
Conscript

Pathing woes

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:27 pm

In literally the opening pre-turn for Russia, there appears to be a pathing bug that I just can't get around, at least not with the default mandatory attack in place.

I set a move from Wladislavov to Gumbinnen for the Russian 1st Army; so far, so good. But when I set the second leg from Gumbinnen to Wehlau, it (usually) redirects the first leg from Gumbinnen to Taurogen, meaning I cross the Nieman inside Russia (using my entire turn) and then have to cross it again from Taurogen to Wehlau on the next turn, with the movement and combat penalties associated with that.

Okay, no problem, try again and manage to get the second leg (Gumbinnen -> Wehlau) set; phew, crisis averted. Only, nope, when I add the final leg from Wehlau to Koenigsberg it moves the first leg over the Niemen to Taurogen again; arghhhhhhh! And this happens every time, no matter how many attempts I make.

Because of the mandatory attack requirements, I have to trace a path all the way to Koenigsberg to satisfy the requirements, but I can't seem to avoid crossing the Nieman twice, regardless of whether I allow auto-pathing all the way to Koenigsberg or try to draw the path stage by stage; am I missing something obvious or is this just a bug?

I guess I'll just change the mandatory attack requirement from Koenigsberg to Wehlau or maybe even Gumbinnen in my personal mod; it's not ideal as neither of those was an actual target, but let's be honest, the Russians aren't ever going to get to Koenigsberg anyway, at least not in August 1914.

This game really is a tragedy; it got so close to being the definitive WW1 game. In fact, it probably still is the definitive WW1 game, even with the issues. And then the final stake in the heart, just when it seemed like the game was being revived and fixed...the whole CE legal fiasco. I have no idea who was in the right on that, not passing judgement; it's just a shame.

woolymuffler
Conscript

Re: Pathing woes

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:52 pm

Ah, even better. Looking through WarPlanTurnRoles.csv, some of the Russian plans for 1st and 2nd Army have EAST_PRUSSIA as a target instead of KOENIGSBERG and TANNENBERG. So I'll just switch all the war plans that have mandatories for the Russian 1st and 2nd Army to EAST_PRUSSIA instead of specific targets per army.

woolymuffler
Conscript

Re: Pathing woes

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Worked like a charm; setting EAST_PRUSSIA as the mandatory target made Gumbinnen a valid target for 1st Army

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”