jcrohio
Lieutenant

Economic Aid Question

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:29 pm

I am having trouble seeing the results of giving Economic Aid. I know how to do it and see the amount given to a major power deducted from the giving power. What I cannot see is the given amount showing up on the receiving power's income. I given the aid in an interphase. I have checked the next turn, the next interphase, and the turn following the next interphase but have never seen the given aid show up as income. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jack

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: Economic Aid Question

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm sure that this works as I recall using it successfully to send aid to Turkey from Germany. There may be a couple of things in play and I believe that aid is the last expense deducted even if the deduction shows off the top. If so this means that if there are any events/issues that reduce the Givers EP below the level of the gift, the transaction will not happen.

So, Germany gives 10-EP to Turkey but blockade and strategic bombing reduce the remaining sum total of the German economy before the aid to <10, the aid will not appear in Turkey next Interphase.

Without more details or a saved game (and I don't think this new Forum supports posting saves) it's difficult to be sure.

-C

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Re: Economic Aid Question

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey Random. Good to hear from you. I assume it is working as I could find nothing in the forums that would indicate it is not. I have tried to do just what you said give aid from Germany to Turkey and A-H to Turkey. The procedure I used was as follows:
1) Issued Aid from both countries to Turkey in an Interphase.
2) The manual indicates that this transfer is "immediate." Page 115 of the manual.
3) I have looked for this income on the turn following the Interphase. I see nothing.
4) I have looked for this income on the next Interphase. I see nothing.
5) Both countries (I pretty sure) had plenty of income to give. England is not in the war and there is no blockade. Germany
and A-H have plenty of income.
6) As a side note: the ability to even give Turkey aid had to be modded. By default Turkey is not allowed to receive aid.

I will try again and this time double check that I do indeed have enough income to issue this aid.

If you can think of anything let me know.
Thanks
Jack

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”