Myrtana
Civilian

Newb Questions!!!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello everyone:
I have played mainny confusing games, but this game really tops the rest. I will ask several questions that someone can hopefully answer me. Im apologizing for mistakes as english isn't my first language!

Here we go:

1. I don't get how reinforcement works.. where can i look them up how can i reinforce my troops?

2. If I do a mistake, like putting a troop on an invalid place or something, I can't read the red message box in the lower left corner, i can only read like the first sentence of it...

3. is there some kind of after battle report where I am able to see who damaged who and everything in detail?

4. How does the HQ system work?

5. I played the serbia vs austria-hungary scenario and lost after two rounds and don't know why :( , any idea why?

Btw: are you also able to play a small nation like switzerland somehow, or do you have to conquer it?

I'm looking forward to your answers

Myrtana

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Have you read the Big Manual and Gold addendum? WW1G is a very complex game based upon a very complex board game, many of the principles and routines are unique to it and the game requires a significant effort from the Player to stay in front of the learning curve.

1. I don't get how reinforcement works.. where can i look them up how can i reinforce my troops?

Do you mean reinforcements or replacements? Some reinforcements are scripted but most must be built by expending money (EP) and manpower (RP). Replacements come from spend RP to rebuild destroyed or reduced units. Units destroyed "Out of Combat" return the next turn automatically if they are not isolated when destroyed. Reinforcements and Replacements are found in Section-6 and other sections.

2. If I do a mistake, like putting a troop on an invalid place or something, I can't read the red message box in the lower left corner, i can only read like the first sentence of it...

You should be able to scroll down the text box.

3. is there some kind of after battle report where I am able to see who damaged who and everything in detail?

When a battle ends, click on the small book icon to open the Battle Log. See page-9 of the addendum.

4. How does the HQ system work?

There are two types of HQ's, Army HQ's and General HQ's (GHQ's). Britain, France, Russia, Italy Austria-Hungary and the United States all have one GHQ and Germany has two. GHQ's hold units that may be used to reinforce battles. Army HQ's facilitate movement and contribute modifiers to combat. Army Leaders live in both types of HQ's but there are only a handful of Leaders that can function as Commander in Chief at a GHQ. See section-5 for HQ's and section-9 for Leaders. The HQ functions are extensive and far too complex to relate here without copying and pasting entire sections of the Manual.

5. I played the serbia vs austria-hungary scenario and lost after two rounds and don't know why , any idea why?

Nope, not enough data and I am unfamiliar with that scenario as I only play the Campaigns.

Btw: are you also able to play a small nation like switzerland somehow, or do you have to conquer it?

Depends on the scenario. In the Two Person Campaign, the Player controls all the countries on a side, either the Entente or the Central Powers but minor nations have fewer capabilities and options than the major powers.

WW1G/WW1-CE will probably take some effort on your part to learn and enjoy and not everyone is willing to do so. It has flaws and quirks and there are mods in this forum that can improve the experience of the game.

Good luck.

-C

Myrtana
Civilian

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Random wrote:Have you read the Big Manual and Gold addendum? WW1G is a very complex game based upon a very complex board game, many of the principles and routines are unique to it and the game requires a significant effort from the Player to stay in front of the learning curve.

Do you mean reinforcements or replacements? Some reinforcements are scripted but most must be built by expending money (EP) and manpower (RP). Replacements come from spend RP to rebuild destroyed or reduced units. Units destroyed "Out of Combat" return the next turn automatically if they are not isolated when destroyed. Reinforcements and Replacements are found in Section-6 and other sections.

You should be able to scroll down the text box.

When a battle ends, click on the small book icon to open the Battle Log. See page-9 of the addendum.

There are two types of HQ's, Army HQ's and General HQ's (GHQ's). Britain, France, Russia, Italy Austria-Hungary and the United States all have one GHQ and Germany has two. GHQ's hold units that may be used to reinforce battles. Army HQ's facilitate movement and contribute modifiers to combat. Army Leaders live in both types of HQ's but there are only a handful of Leaders that can function as Commander in Chief at a GHQ. See section-5 for HQ's and section-9 for Leaders. The HQ functions are extensive and far too complex to relate here without copying and pasting entire sections of the Manual.

Nope, not enough data and I am unfamiliar with that scenario as I only play the Campaigns.

Depends on the scenario. In the Two Person Campaign, the Player controls all the countries on a side, either the Entente or the Central Powers but minor nations have fewer capabilities and options than the major powers.

WW1G/WW1-CE will probably take some effort on your part to learn and enjoy and not everyone is willing to do so. It has flaws and quirks and there are mods in this forum that can improve the experience of the game.

Good luck.

-C

Thank you and sorry for my delayed reply, I looked into the manual, but it's a bit difficult to understand it for me, and what is the addendum?

I will read the sections in the manual you recommened to me.

Greets

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”