HidekiTojo
Colonel

So how do I go after the enemies NW?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Im familiar enough now that I can play the game and am currently working on a gc as entente. Im not sure what to do to hurt Germany's nw.
TEAW Beta Team

Shri

Fri May 30, 2014 8:04 am

Very Tough. Germany is UBER strong and rightly so.

Alternate strategy- Go after allies of Germany, Attack AH, Turkey and Bulgaria.
Also diplomatically twist nordic countries into supporting you or opposing Germany (increase Blockade effect).
Mandatory offensive on Western front- should be well planned and limited gains.

All the Best.

Shri

Sat May 31, 2014 6:27 am

HidekiTojo wrote:Im familiar enough now that I can play the game and am currently working on a gc as entente. Im not sure what to do to hurt Germany's nw.

The POWER of the entente is the ROYAL NAVY and its Blockade.

Some part gamey tricks, but useful-
1. Do not research as Russia, let UK bear the major burden and France the minor burden, Russia will inherit technology
2. Co-ordinate and time your Grand Offensive well.
3. Concentrate on getting Italy, Rumania, Greece and later USA into your alliance.
4. Make Scandinavia and Netherlands neutral or against Germany using diplomats.
5. Try to make Serbia defend and survive as long as possible.
6. As Russia, only active defense on German front but all out offense on AH front (tip:- use Brusilov and Yudenich .. your best generals on this front to blast it open).
7. As Italy all out attack.
8. Use Royal Navy to seek decisive battle always despite some casualties you will prevail and AH, Ottoman and German Navies will be wiped out. (a bit difficult but possible)
9. Use Anglo-French co-ordinate GO on WF. as far as possible Russia and Italy (when in) must attack simultaneously after long preparation at weak points.
10. Hope for some luck. (with respect to event cards) and use them appropriately.

TheDoctorKing

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Make sure you are using Random's naval mod. Otherwise seeking battle with the Royal Navy is foolish as in vanilla the Germans will shred you.

Let the Germans attack you, especially on the western front. The AI attacks too much. The Germans should be out of morale by 1916 at the latest.

With a live game, I think the CP has the edge. I like your idea about not trying to spend Russian money on research. I think a Russian offensive against the Turks is a good approach. Turkey is the weakest CP member and if you knock them out it is a big blow to the other countries' morale.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shri

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 am

i somehow feel Austria is more easy to destroy- Russia, Rumania, Serbia and Italy if combined can destroy it.
Turkey has geographical advantages to compensate for a weaker army.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”