Nikel

Re: Fix for Missing Brest-Litovsk Fortress

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

You may upload zip files in some subfora, like help to improve WW1.

woolymuffler
Conscript

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 pm

I think I may have figured out why Kum Kale and Sedd-ul-Bahr aren't fortresses by default. From re-reading the rules (a project in itself), if there is an un-neutralized fortress you can't land (so you can't recreate Gallipoli landings at V beach and French diversion at Kum Kale). Unless naval bombardments alone can suppress forts? I didn't see that in rules but I can't claim to have retained everything in the manual

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm

You may be correct that the two forts were omitted intentionally but I think probably not. That said, have never used the Gallipoli invasion option in the Grand Campaigns and in the 1915 scenario, both Sedd ul Bahr and Kum Kale are already occupied by elements of the British Fifth Army.

In the Grand Campaign's, both forts have entries in the Fortress.csv files and do not appear in the game because their defining entries contain punctuation errors. This is similar to the causes for the omission of the Brest Litvosk and a couple of other Russian forts in the GC. Therefore it would appear that the absence of the Sedd ul Bahr and Kum Kale forts is unintentional, otherwise why are they defined in the Fortress.csv file at all?

Anyway I am in the process of preparing updated iterations of my Naval Mods for the Grand Campaign and the 1915, 1916 and 1918 scenarios including fixes for many (all those discovered that I can fix) errors of omission and commission including adding new units, armies and leaders, for uploading here. Hopefully there may be some interest.

-C

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Hey Random its been a while. Great to see you still involved with this great old game. Can't wait to see your changes. I have found some other issues some important and some cosmetic. If you are interested I have a word file which summarizes all I have done. A lot of it you will recognize as it actually came from you!
Jack

woolymuffler
Conscript

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Even though I've just started playing again, I am very interested in any updates for your mods! I'm sure there are more that just aren't posting as well.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Hey Jack, if you want to send me your stuff, just copy/paste into a PM or email it to me, assuming you still have my address. As for the modded scenarios, the newest versions are posted on the "Help Improve World War One" forum where the most optimistic assessment might be that the level of interest is a non-zero number with <40 views and only four downloads since they were uploaded two-days ago.

Players have moved on to shinier games .

Cheers

-C

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks for trying - it's a niche within a niche.

What's Calvinus up to now? I admire him and those like him who do these solo or almost solo projects.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”