06 Maestro
General

Windows 8 and WW1

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:24 am

It works! I just upgraded my gaming rig with a SSD and Windows 8. Installing all the games turned out to be the most difficult part of the process. Some games, that are not that old, will not install properly. WWI did. It could have gone a bit more easily with WW1 but the various updates and installation files (dating to the initial release in '08) were spread around on different drives, computers and disks. It took a few tries to get the right combination, but succeeded in the end. Although the Gold version is obviously playing, the version number is "fubar". I may break down and just buy the Gold version.

The game runs better than ever--perhaps Calvinus was ahead of his time :) .

BTW, I would not recommend Windows 8 at this time. It is quite different-and in some ways, improved. However, the loss of a bunch of good games makes it of dubious value to a gamer. The new SSD hard drives are great-if still a bit pricey.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 am

I agree. WW1 works better than ever, but Widows 8 is a disaster. A mess. Avoid unless you cannot play WW1.

I admire Calvinus for persevering to get this game to an enjoyable point.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 am

I sometimes get confused with some conversation! But I think my quad core pc get hijacked with some bandits in customs and they changed it with 486 processor :D . How it works ahead its time? With all good intentions how to play this game properly with smooth frame rate?

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”