pengdehuai
Civilian

Learning Scenario no. 2

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 am

Getting stuck at around stage 7 or 8 in Learning Scenario #2 of First World War. Computer doesn't allow me to form the cavalry detachment, and also prevents me from finishing my turn saying I haven't carried out all necessary actions. What's the problem?

calvinus

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:46 am

Just tried again the tutorial, no problem, maybe just some difficulty:

1) To detach the second cavalry into the newly created detachment, be sure you drag the cavalry unit over the stack soldier symbol and within the area of Mlawa. I suggest you to drop the unit over the base of the stack.

2) During step 7, are you sure you planned a movement with the cavalry detachment to Tannenberg. That area must be attacked, unless you cannot proceed with next turn.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

pengdehuai
Civilian

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 am

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Still doesn't work. 1) No matter where I drop the second cavalry unit it won't allow me to attach it to the detachment. 2) The games doesn't allow me to attack Tannenberg, saying it's because it's enemy territory. Sorry about the hassle, maybe it's just my computer that has a problem.

calvinus

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

I don't believe your PC has some problem.

1) Have you created the detachment in Mlawa after dragging and dropping the first cavalry unit? If there's no stack other than the HQ of 2nd Russian army, dragging the second cavalry unit does not work properly, or even creates a new stack instead of merging the cavalry unit into the cavalry detachment.

Edit: maybe some resolution problem, that makes you rather difficult such drag & drop operations. Why not using the Army Management Window (look at the 3x3 buttons in the bottom frame after having selected the HQ, I recall the button (to open this window) is the top-right one.

Side question: what version are you playing with?

2) I think you are trying to drag and drop the cavalry unit over Tannenber instead of dragging the cavalry detachment. You must move the stack (detachment), because dragging the cavalry unit over Tannenberg is not allowed for the following two reasons:

a) you cannot detach a unit outside the area where it's currently located
b) you cannot detach a unit in an enemy area (that sounds like what you reported in previous post, that made me think you're doing this mistake).
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

pengdehuai
Civilian

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 am

It works! Thanks a lot for all your help. That's what they call great service!

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”