calvinus

New official patch 1.08O

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:46 am

Hello everybody,

a new official patch 1.08O for WW1 Gold is online! :)

Here you can download the patch for the full version:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1%20GOLD/Patches/WW1_Patch_v1.0.8o.exe

And here for the demo version:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1%20GOLD/Patches/WW1_DemoPatch_v1.0.8o.exe

[color="Red"]Important:[/color] this patch is for Gold Edition only.

Herewith I listed all news...

[Version 1.0.8m]
[Version 1.0.8n]
[Version 1.0.8o]

New features:
- Introduced the Play-by-Email mode!
- Added aggressivity level setting for stacks (used by battle AI and PBEM)
- Added graphics for Chinese forces

Improvements:
- Military AI now carefully checks the supply status of areas also when considering the camoflage stacks placement opportunities if the difficulty level is set 4+
- Immobilized armies and fleets are now not counted anymore for assignment of detached forces (drag & drop or forces management window)
- Corrected some Italian, Spanish and German texts
- Introduced limitations in building special units (i.e.: arab forces of Senussi army or Arab army of Lawrence)
- Improved the retreat to nearest friendly port procedure in case of fleets evacuation
(*) Introduced an event that brings the automatic removal of Immobilization rule for French and Austrian armies on Alps frontiers when Italy enters the war
- Military AI tweaked to make amphibious and expeditionary corps offensives outside of Europe allowed only to Japan, France and Great Britain (moddable)
- Improved activity of Military AI in army-to-army mode
- General AI improved (military and battles)
- Zeppelins now may have a range value up to 40
- PBEM ORD file names are now more descriptive
- Improved random factors synchronization in PBEM
- Rules for retreat and enemy reinforcements before battle can now be activated also in WEGO mode
- PBEM Battle AI now can play only battle events
- Max number of displayed hit points of naval squadrons is now 7+
- Max number of rows in Units DB increased to 1535
- ORD file is now generated every time game is saved

(*) Scenario corrections:
- All scenarios: Turkish genocide of Armenians now takes place only if Turkey is at war with the Entente
- Grand Campaign and 1916: corrected setup of Portuguese forces
- All scenarios: added events to make AEF automatically lands in Europe when USA enter war (landing priorities: Le Havre, Cherbourg, Brest, Dover)
- All scenarios: added correction to German aircrafts industries DB to allow activation of factories of Hanover

Fixed bugs:
- Added several fixes and improvements in supply checks
- Fixed a bug that made impossible the voluntary abandonement of grand offensives
- Fixed a bug that caused an erratic wrong calculation of RP base flows
- Fixed a bug in mandatory attacks check
(*) Fixed some bugs that caused the disappearance or deactivation of rules introduced by events play or diplomatic actions (i.e.: Bruchmuller)
- Fixed a bug than made the naval combat modifier (turn rule) almost never applied
- Fixed a bug that caused sometimes a neverending English Military AI when the option "Give AI fulltime" was active
- Fixed a bug in Surprise event that caused a wrong calculation in combat die roll modifiers when played by Defender
(*) Fixed a bug that caused a wrong generation of turn rules when introduced by events play
- Fixed a bug in PBEM: save of ORD file was allowed also when mandatory attacks not fulfilled
- Fixed an erratic bug in PBEM that caused a missing refresh of map window on turn end
- Fixed a bug in PBEM that caused an overlapping distribution of event cards among players during the first Events phase
- Fixed a bug in land battles and sieges: the losses triggered by some Combat Results Table were never counted
- Fixed a bug in land battles and sieges: sometimes wounded units were restored to full strength when hit in combat

(*) : not working for older savegames

This patch installs a PDF Manual for PBEM (that you can find in the Start menu).

Best regards,
Calvinus.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Thank You!

Redsco
Private

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:37 pm

:thumbsup:
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 am

Thank you.

Franciscus

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 am

Great job, Calvinus ! :thumbsup:

Palpat
Colonel

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Great, great news!
Gotta play this this afternoon. :thumbsup:

BTW Calvinus, you stated that some AI settings improved its performances. Which are those?
And which are the best ones regarding difficulty & agressivness?

calvinus

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Palpat wrote:BTW Calvinus, you stated that some AI settings improved its performances. Which are those?

"Retreat before battle" and "Defender reinforcements before battle".

Palpat wrote:And which are the best ones regarding difficulty & agressivness?

I use default settings, but someone else found some better values... ;)

Franciscus

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Pst, Calvinus, this patch is still referred as "beta" in your first post... ;)

(3rd line)

Regards

calvinus

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Franciscus wrote:Pst, Calvinus, this patch is still referred as "beta" in your first post... ;)

(3rd line)

Regards

Eh eh, usual mistake caused by copy and paste! :D
Post is now correct. :)

thesecretary
Conscript

Gold Update Kit

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 am

Please can you help me, what do I need to do to apply Gold Update Kit, I seem to remember there was a Thread which said we needed to apply certain original updates to WW1 1.01 (which version I have loaded at the moment) before loading Gold Update Kit. Can you give me those original updates and then what to do next. I've tried to find the thread mentioned above but have failed miserably.
Thanks.

calvinus

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:35 am

thesecretary wrote:Please can you help me, what do I need to do to apply Gold Update Kit, I seem to remember there was a Thread which said we needed to apply certain original updates to WW1 1.01 (which version I have loaded at the moment) before loading Gold Update Kit. Can you give me those original updates and then what to do next. I've tried to find the thread mentioned above but have failed miserably.
Thanks.

If you have WW1 base v1.01, you have to buy the Gold Upgrade Kit: http://ageod.nexway.fr/fiche.html?REF=713587

After the Gold Upgrade Kit is installed, download and apply the official patch 1.08O.

Be sure both the Gold Upgrade Kit and the patch 1.08O are installed in the appropriate folder (Win7 generates a mess!), logged as PC Administrator and with UAC disabled.

When the Gold Upgrade Kit is purchased, if you still have problems trying to install it and you always fail, send a PM to PhilThib asking him the download link to the full Installer of WW1 Gold, giving him a proof of the purchase of the Gold Kit.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 pm

thesecretary wrote: we needed to apply certain original updates to WW1 1.01 (which version I have loaded at the moment) before loading Gold Update Kit.

As said Calvinius: No.
However for the original game, the last patch is still 1.07L one (and not 'I' as wrote in the bottom link).
'.08' patches are for the Gold version.
So, if you're still 1.01 and won't buy Gold, you need this 1.07L patch.
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18316

thesecretary
Conscript

WW1 Gold Update Kit

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks guys. I already own the update kit and I have had it all working properly on an external drive without any problems until my computer decided to change the drive from J to I and that's when things started going wrong, so I formatted the hard drive, also the hard drive sometime come up as unrecognisable by the computer so in the end I got p...ed off with it and did the format and now I won't use the that hard drive. I've put in a new internal 2TB drive and that's what I am trying to load my game on.

Fouche
Captain

My version still says 1.08

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi all,
I just downloaded and installed 'O' and when I start the game it says it is version 1.08. Is that correct...or should I reinstall it? Will check my directory...and yes I have windows 7..and I know of the issues....
Thanks.... :)

Fouche
Captain

Hello again...

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi all. OK I checked my directory of WW1 Gold..and I see that certain items/directories where the game itself sits has been updated giving todays date....10/05/2011.
I will assume then the install was done correctly but the version shown at the start of the game states 1.08.
Thanks... :)

calvinus

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Fouche, be sure the version of WW1.exe file is 1.0.8.15.
If not, install the patch files with UAC off and PC Admin priviledges... win7 is a @#!@s# !!!

Fouche
Captain

Hello..

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 am

Hi,

Thanks for reply...I checked..and WW1.exe file is 1.0.8.15.

Thanks... :thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:59 am

thesecretary wrote:Thanks guys. I already own the update kit and I have had it all working properly on an external drive without any problems until my computer decided to change the drive from J to I and that's when things started going wrong, so I formatted the hard drive, also the hard drive sometime come up as unrecognisable by the computer so in the end I got p...ed off with it and did the format and now I won't use the that hard drive. I've put in a new internal 2TB drive and that's what I am trying to load my game on.

Send a PM to PhilThib and ask him the download link to the full gold installer. ;)

Palpat
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 am

Well, I noticed some strange things about deployments.

BTW: the french IA isn't very reactive to the "Italian" variant. My forces are almost unopposed.

Do you need a save, Calvinus?
Attachments
Russes Tunisie.jpg
Russes en france 2.jpg
Russes en France.jpg

thesecretary
Conscript

WW1 Gold Update Kit

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Guys, just to let you know I disabled UAC in Win7 and the kit has loaded up to 1.08 and I have added the new update 1.08o and that works ok too.
Thank you very much for all you help and support it is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Palpat wrote:Well, I noticed some strange things about deployments.

BTW: the french IA isn't very reactive to the "Italian" variant. My forces are almost unopposed.

Do you need a save, Calvinus?

I need to know if those placement are generated by reinforcements placing or by a redeployment.

calvinus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:12 pm

thesecretary wrote:Hi Guys, just to let you know I disabled UAC in Win7 and the kit has loaded up to 1.08 and I have added the new update 1.08o and that works ok too.
Thank you very much for all you help and support it is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

UAC is the cause of 99% problems!
:thumbsup:

Palpat
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm

calvinus wrote:I need to know if those placement are generated by reinforcements placing or by a redeployment.

I haven't the slightest idea.
Here's the save game.
Attachments
SaveGame.rar
(390.51 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

Palpat
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Actually, it might be by reinforcements placing, as I think I've seen some of these Russian units during the replay before the said redeployement phase.
But, as I did not watch carefully on the previous turn & as it was to fast to screenshot, I can't be 100% sure.

calvinus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

If you set difficulty level to max, probably it's a sort of AI cheating. :neener:

Otherwise, if the Dardanelles are open, probably it's the result of a long range naval transport, from Odessa to Marseille! :w00t:

Palpat
Colonel

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

calvinus wrote:If you set difficulty level to max, probably it's a sort of AI cheating. :neener:

Otherwise, if the Dardanelles are open, probably it's the result of a long range naval transport, from Odessa to Marseille! :w00t:

The detroits aren't open. And Marseille isn't french anymore.

And my difficulty level is not at maximum level, it's somewhat lower (like 1 or 2 hits).

It's quite disturbing nonetheless, I hope it can be fixed.

calvinus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

The key problem is to reproduce this issue.
Then another problem is when to fix.
1.08O was intended to be a foundation patch, unless I collect a new huge bunch of bugs to fix...

Joe Bukal
Private

Been Waiting For PBEM

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:42 am

I have been waiting to buy this game but I wanted to be able to play online with my friend will be ordering my copy next week another AGEOD game added to my others BOA,WIA,PON,AACW & ROP still am learning PON may take a long time game moves slower then my other AGEOD games and has lots to learn and now will be working on this WW1 Gold game.
Joe Bukal :thumbsup:

Sanz de Acedo
Private

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:00 am

Thank you, Calvinus! I think this game have everything to be my favourite game, but until now I found something a little off key; I hope this patch can solve it.

Halus
Conscript

game freeze

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Game turn is at Jan. 1918 and I can't go any further as the game crashes from my saved position. Unfortunately I've been using only one saved game name the whole time, so can't go back to an earlier save - bummer.

During the course of gameplay still seeing a few out of place units fighting in the wrong front or wrong side, but it's not as often as in the previous patch. In the provided save game file you will find Japanese units stacked with Serbs on the border of Greece.

I'm still getting odd game messages of defeated countries joining the entente and then surrendering, all in the same turn. Is this a way of the game adjusting moral for both sides that are still in play?

regards,
Jack
Attachments
jack.rar
(408.56 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”