calvinus

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 pm

I will test your save as soon as possible. Thanks, Calvinus.

calvinus

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 am

Halus wrote:Game turn is at Jan. 1918 and I can't go any further as the game crashes from my saved position. Unfortunately I've been using only one saved game name the whole time, so can't go back to an earlier save - bummer.

During the course of gameplay still seeing a few out of place units fighting in the wrong front or wrong side, but it's not as often as in the previous patch. In the provided save game file you will find Japanese units stacked with Serbs on the border of Greece.

I'm still getting odd game messages of defeated countries joining the entente and then surrendering, all in the same turn. Is this a way of the game adjusting moral for both sides that are still in play?

regards,
Jack

Ok I reproduced the crash. Unfortunately this requires a fix in game source code and cannot be corrected by an hot fix in the savegame. This will require some investigation on the causes of the crash and then a new patch, sorry. :(

Stauffenberg
General

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

calvinus wrote:UAC is the cause of 99% problems!
:thumbsup:

Back to the drawing board then as I shelved trying to get this game to work properly on my Windows 7 system, after implementing all the advice I got on here. Perhaps with the new patch installed I'll finally get it going.
Incidently, the game basically ran ok--what made it unplayable was a mouse/cursor issue that prevented battles and movement from being handled effectively.
I'll advise how it goes in case other people have had the same issues.

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:48 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok I reproduced the crash. Unfortunately this requires a fix in game source code and cannot be corrected by an hot fix in the savegame. This will require some investigation on the causes of the crash and then a new patch, sorry. :(

calvinus:
Any progress on patch 1.08P ???

Marty
Civilian

Problem with 1.08O update

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:18 am

Hey guys,

Can any one help me with a problem I have with 1.08O in multiplayer. We are trying to play the 2 player Grand campaign over LAN. We have had it working before on previous patches but cannot get past the first phase because the next turn button will not become active. The pop up message states that it cannot proceed because PBEM files are missing. We tried setting up a PBEM game to ahve PBEM files sitting in the folder, but this didn't help the LAN game. Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers

Marty

FritzKraut
Conscript

404 file not found

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am

tried to download the patch but its offline :(

PhilThib

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 am

No, the patch is still here but it seems there is an issue with the ftp. Please try again, it should be fixed now :cool:

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Any progress on the 1.08P patch ??? :(

calvinus

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 am

Marty wrote:Hey guys,

Can any one help me with a problem I have with 1.08O in multiplayer. We are trying to play the 2 player Grand campaign over LAN. We have had it working before on previous patches but cannot get past the first phase because the next turn button will not become active. The pop up message states that it cannot proceed because PBEM files are missing. We tried setting up a PBEM game to ahve PBEM files sitting in the folder, but this didn't help the LAN game. Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers

Marty

Sorry I spotted your post just now.
I'm a bit puzzled by your question. Are you playing via LAN (multiplayer with TCP/IP) or by PBEM? :blink:

If you are playing in PBEM, be sure that all players always have all PBEM files in the SaveGame folder, for every turn phase, as explained in the PBEM manual (have you read it?).

calvinus

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am

Panama Red wrote:Any progress on the 1.08P patch ??? :(

I'm going to fix some minor bugs and I planned to introduce some fix and improvements to PBEM. No idea on when, sorry... :(

Marty
Civilian

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:43 am

calvinus wrote:Sorry I spotted your post just now.
I'm a bit puzzled by your question. Are you playing via LAN (multiplayer with TCP/IP) or by PBEM? :blink:

If you are playing in PBEM, be sure that all players always have all PBEM files in the SaveGame folder, for every turn phase, as explained in the PBEM manual (have you read it?).

Hi mate,

We are playing on a LAN, which makes the PBEM files message all the more confusing.

calvinus

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 am

Marty wrote:Hi mate,

We are playing on a LAN, which makes the PBEM files message all the more confusing.

I've setup a LAN game and reproduced the problem! Damn it's a bug introduced by PBEM, you're right! I fixed it immediately.
Well, I'll try to work out a patch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 pm

In my game as Entente, German AI played both Jihad and the Arab revolt cards in the same turn while Turkey declared ally of Central powers. Did the card lose negative effect for the benefiter? In short will the Arabs in Hedjaz revolt ? :)

calvinus

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Halus wrote:Game turn is at Jan. 1918 and I can't go any further as the game crashes from my saved position. Unfortunately I've been using only one saved game name the whole time, so can't go back to an earlier save - bummer.

Finally found some time to work on this damn bug, fixed. Thanks.

calvinus

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Halus wrote:During the course of gameplay still seeing a few out of place units fighting in the wrong front or wrong side, but it's not as often as in the previous patch. In the provided save game file you will find Japanese units stacked with Serbs on the border of Greece.

I think I found the cause because I just fixed a bug that made possible in rare occurrences to have two stacks with the same ID when detaching or placing reinforcements. So it could happen that two stacks, enemy each other, shared the same ID. Then when the AI decided to assign a unit to that stack, the unit was assigned to the other stack, enemy...

Anyway, fixed. Again stuff for a new patch.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”