Daan Riaste
Conscript

Public events

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Hello

Does anybody know how the public events work ? Specifically, how many are drawn by each side and when : at the end of each turn, at the beginning of each turn with the exception of the first one. In the board game rules, they are mixed with the secret events but it seems not to be the case in the computer game.

Another event question : Mata Hari and Bolo Pasha enable to draw a secret event from the opponent's hand. But the computer seems consistently to play its events before the human. So it has the opportunity to steal one (or even two) of my events before I can do anything, regardless of the side I chose. Is it a bug os is it a designer choice to help the AI?

Best regards

Daan Riaste

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 pm

WAD I suspect. Event draws are governed by the specific scenario TurnRules.csv file. Events appear to be stored at random and the order in which events are drawn and the number drawn each turn can be edited using a text editor.

I for one think the event engine and draw system is a great (although at times frustrating) aspect of WW1G that enhances replay value but of course, you are free to differ.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”