TheDoctorKing

Political options question

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 am

Playing a grand campaign as the CP: the political options phase comes up, in the September turn, I believe, and I select a variety of political options for my various major powers. The Entente political options appear to fire - I see reports that the British have mobilized the marine corps and the Russians have raised morale a bunch of times. But mine don't seem to fire. The game goes on to the reinforcement phase, and when I go to the politics screen, my options are still checked as if they are still pending. Was I supposed to make my selections earlier at some point? And if so, when? Or do the Entente get a special rule for early activation that I'm not aware of?
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

06 Maestro
General

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 am

Political choices can be made anytime, but will only go into force in the next interphase.

Events will go into effect immediately. Some events are programmed to happen automatically, like the British Marines go here or there. When the events notices pop up, try scrolling with the arrow on the info box. Each one does not pop up in its own box IIRC. As you scroll through you should see all of the events played.

Addit: Events need to be played in the events phase.

TheDoctorKing

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:34 am

Combat events are presumably played before battle.

I have seen the AI play events on battles that are good for me. :confused:

Do you hang on to events that are good for your opponent if you draw them so they won't get them? Or can you discard them without fear that they will be drawn subsequently?
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

06 Maestro
General

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:Combat events are presumably played before battle.

Yes-forgot about that.

TheDoctorKing wrote:Do you hang on to events that are good for your opponent if you draw them so they won't get them? Or can you discard them without fear that they will be drawn subsequently?

Hanging on to dangerous event is a wise thing to do. At a minimum, it would reduce the likelihood of the enemy using it against you.

Chris Ferrous
Corporal

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 am

But, all unused events cards, however good or bad, are gathered back in after a certain length of time and become available again for a random draw.

I think the events grab is during the winter interphase, except maybe 1914?

calvinus

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:28 am

Chris Ferrous wrote:But, all unused events cards, however good or bad, are gathered back in after a certain length of time and become available again for a random draw.

The unused event cards are kept in your hand until you play or discard the card.

Chris Ferrous wrote:I think the events grab is during the winter interphase, except maybe 1914?

The unused event cards kept in your hand are lost and reshuffled when the "Reshuffle" event enters play.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”