Alzate
Private

german warplans & inititiave

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:33 am

playing a germany, one of the big pluses of the schiefflen warplan is that you can cross maastricht and enter belgium avoiding the liege fortress. i have tried several times with my I army but impossible. am i losing something or is it a bug?
if you cant cross holland, i do not see the advantage of the schiefflen plan over the hinderburg one (any bonus on initiative maybe?)
on a more general view: given moltke's low initiative, it is very difficult to get the initiative on the early stages of the WF, which i see as ahistorical. any idea of improving the chances in august 14?

calvinus

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 am

Alzate wrote:playing a germany, one of the big pluses of the schiefflen warplan is that you can cross maastricht and enter belgium avoiding the liege fortress. i have tried several times with my I army but impossible. am i losing something or is it a bug?

It works for me: I first plan the move on Maastricht, then I drag from Maastricht to the final destination.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

I too have no issue moving through Maastricht. It seems that if you are moving the German 1st Army you can indeed select a destination within Belgium just past Maastricht and the army automarches through with no problem. Have not tried this with the latest patch however.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”