bk6583
Lieutenant

More Questions

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 am

Can someone show me how to move USA units to France? I activate the I Corps, have just one corps in it, click naval transport, move it to the Atlantic and when I click enact movement it stays planted in the USA - since Jan 1917. bTW - in every game I've played, including this one, Hughes always gets elected!

I tried the manual. For many a turn now when I try to move into and attack German or AH units on the Eastern Front with the Russians, I'm informed that the sceanrio rules (I'm playing 1914 Grand Campaign) do not allow any more attacks on that front? What am I missing?

Research - I've researched everything since 1916 - is that it?

When I played the Central Powers, much to my chagrin the Entente got to research trench mortars 2 and land mines, giving them a +3 on the Western Front. Wasn't sure why I could never research them as Central Powers. Now I'm the Entente and much to my chagrin the Central Powers have been able to research trench mortar 2 and land mines while I can't as the Entente. What am I missing?
Attachments
WW1QUICKSAVE.rar
(398.13 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

calvinus

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 am

I think you should drag and drop the stack over a land area (France for example). It works in my game.

calvinus

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:28 am

bk6583 wrote:Research - I've researched everything since 1916 - is that it?

When I played the Central Powers, much to my chagrin the Entente got to research trench mortars 2 and land mines, giving them a +3 on the Western Front. Wasn't sure why I could never research them as Central Powers. Now I'm the Entente and much to my chagrin the Central Powers have been able to research trench mortar 2 and land mines while I can't as the Entente. What am I missing?

Bad luck or missing funds to research (40 EPs required).

bk6583
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I think you should drag and drop the stack over a land area (France for example). It works in my game.

Well I apologize in advance but I'm not getting this. In the save game I attached, to access the USA units you have to go to the geographic 'box' (I guess oval is a better description) that has Africa, Canada, et al. From there, I can easily move USA units by sea transport to say, Africa, which I've done, But, how do you activate a USA Army and drag and drop it out of that 'box' onto the 'regular' map of France? This is totally beating me.

calvinus

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:49 am

Once loaded your savegame, I did the following steps:
1) I selected the 1st US Army
2) I checked the sea transport capacity of USA (top bar): max 3 corps...
3) US HQ contains 4 corps, so I moved Cav. corps to the US GHQ
4) I clicked on Naval Transport button
5) I finally tried to drag & drop the HQ to Marseille, Montpellier, Bordeaux and Nantes... it works... the movement is scheduled.

bk6583
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 pm

5) I finally tried to drag & drop the HQ to Marseille, Montpellier, Bordeaux and Nantes... it works... the movement is scheduled.

Feeling very dumb - how did you do this? When I try I find I can't darg and drop out of the 'oval' that contains the USA box.

calvinus

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I select the army HQ and I click on the stack and keep the mouse button pressed. So, always keeping the button pressed, I move the mouse pointer to the upper-leftmost corner of the screen, so that the map starts scrolling towards France. When the map is over one of the areas (Montpellier, Marseille, Bordeaux...) -be sure the mouse button is pressed- I release the button over the target area.

bk6583
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Ok - tried that - scrolled over the mideast, then the med, then eventually France in the main map - get the red letters telling me that I can't move over land with naval transport selected. You see my frustration - I'll give it another try.

sergentboetch
Sergeant

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 pm

One more questions...

I try read the big notices (in english :cuit :) but I don't see a clear explenations about "les doctrines de combat". Know i'am in the beggining 1915 and my army became the transition to trench (germans also :( ) i can see on my game that know i' have a front, Ok but is there any other changes ?? (malus, bonus...)

thanks

NefariousKoel
Captain

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm

bk6583 wrote:Ok - tried that - scrolled over the mideast, then the med, then eventually France in the main map - get the red letters telling me that I can't move over land with naval transport selected. You see my frustration - I'll give it another try.

It sounds like Calvinus' #3 may be your problem. The US sea transport capacity. Is the amount of corps in that army container higher than the capacity? If it is, it would give you the red 'not allowed' message.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”