bk6583
Lieutenant

Supply Rules Again

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:11 am

Calvinus,

When you get a chance - once again I'm baffled. How are all of the German units that I have surrounded on the Western Front still in supply?

...and the weirdness in some respects continues. Austria tried one attack in all of 1916 into Belgrade which was defeated. Yet at the Jan 1917 turn I'm informed that a 'successful' grand offensive by AH into Belgrade resulted in a +5 NW increase! Two 'successful' German grand offensives were also noted in France with NW increases. The Germans lost very attack they attempted in 1916!! BTW - one corps attacks continue unabated by the AI. Frankly, when you throw in the naval problems, I'm getting close to putting this game on the shelf and waiting for the letter 'z' to be reached for patches.
Attachments
WW1QUICKSAVE.rar
(395.83 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

calvinus

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:37 am

bk6583 wrote:When you get a chance - once again I'm baffled. How are all of the German units that I have surrounded on the Western Front still in supply?

I'll examine it asap.

bk6583 wrote:...and the weirdness in some respects continues. Austria tried one attack in all of 1916 into Belgrade which was defeated. Yet at the Jan 1917 turn I'm informed that a 'successful' grand offensive by AH into Belgrade resulted in a +5 NW increase!

This is the end-of-year standard checks that are executed on Austria. No real effects on Austria in the end, becuase she capitulated indeed.

bk6583 wrote:Two 'successful' German grand offensives were also noted in France with NW increases. The Germans lost very attack they attempted in 1916!!

So Germans conquered no area??

calvinus

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:01 am

bk6583 wrote:When you get a chance - once again I'm baffled. How are all of the German units that I have surrounded on the Western Front still in supply?

No bug. The German forces are in supply because they actually control two minor towns enough close each other (Namur and Sedan). Two minor towns are counted as one major city towards supply, provided they are connected (by rail or by river) or enough close (and no enemy is located between the two areas).

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”