promethean
Civilian

Gold vs Fully Patched Original?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 pm

So, I'm a little confused about the difference between a fully patched original version that hasn't been upgraded to Gold and the Gold version itself--

Is the only difference the graphical map? Or does Gold have a different game engine/version? Or additional content?

I'm confused because I thought I read somewhere that you could patch the original version up to include all game enhancements except for the graphical improvements.

PhilThib

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

promethean wrote:I'm confused because I thought I read somewhere that you could patch the original version up to include all game enhancements except for the graphical improvements.

What you read is (partly) true...the official patch updates the original game engine to the latest AI developments and also includes all bug fixes.

But it does not include any of the new graphics, which also makes that some of the gold 'visual' and gameplay improvements (map but also those additions such as Army roster, or redeployment window) are absent...

In other words, this is the old version with stabilized AI and code...

Fastsnake
Major

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:44 pm

In other words, go buy the upgrade kit on Ageod's website. :cool:

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Fastsnake wrote:In other words, go buy the upgrade kit on Ageod's website. :cool:

:evilgrin:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”