cleveland
Corporal

Railroad Conversion

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm

1) When you conquer a country, do the railways automatically convert to your side?

2) As an improvement, I would like to be able to click on a region and have the tooltip tell me who controls the railway in the region. It's tough to remember if I've been converting railways or not.

3) According to the manual clicking on the "convert railway" button should display an icon on the counter. I'm using NATO counters and that icon has never been dipslayed. :confused:

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:20 pm

cleveland wrote:1) When you conquer a country, do the railways automatically convert to your side?

Do you refer to capitulation/surrender of nations? In such a case, there's another thread discussing about this matter. In short words, such nations grant supply and right of passage to both sides, so no need to convert rails.

cleveland wrote:2) As an improvement, I would like to be able to click on a region and have the tooltip tell me who controls the railway in the region. It's tough to remember if I've been converting railways or not.

I recall this is already printed on tooltips. Almost sure in political map mode.

cleveland wrote:3) According to the manual clicking on the "convert railway" button should display an icon on the counter. I'm using NATO counters and that icon has never been dipslayed. :confused:

Maybe an error in the manual. I'll investigate about that.

cleveland
Corporal

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Hm, I don't recall railroads being mentioned at all in the tooltip. I might have missed it.

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:39 pm

cleveland wrote:Hm, I don't recall railroads being mentioned at all in the tooltip. I might have missed it.

Mmhhh... Control of areas is surely tooltipped (in fact I understood you was referring to this point). The control of rails is not tooltipped, sorry.

cleveland
Corporal

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Yes, I was referring to railroad conversion in the tooltip. If I can't remember if I've converted a railroad in a region then a mention in the tooltip would be nice.

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Anyway, if the railroad is not under your control, you clearly see a large sprite over the area.

Fastsnake
Major

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah, that's true.
Actually in 99% of my campains as France, Germany conquer all the North and East of my party in 1914, then I stop them on the Marne (:cool :) and eventually I push them back to the original frontiers or even further in 1915, and then it doesn't really move anymore until 1918.
And I never convert any rail because I don't know if they have been converted by Germany. It seem that they don't.

About that... I've noticed that the english army and Port-Saïd can is never allowed to use railroads to go to the frontier with the Ottomans. Is it because rails in Sinai are turkish-converted (in the own british colonies I mean)?

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Fastsnake wrote:Yeah, that's true.
Actually in 99% of my campains as France, Germany conquer all the North and East of my party in 1914, then I stop them on the Marne (:cool :) and eventually I push them back to the original frontiers or even further in 1915, and then it doesn't really move anymore until 1918.
And I never convert any rail because I don't know if they have been converted by Germany. It seem that they don't.

There's an automatic conversion of railroads of controlled areas at the end of each Interphase.

Fastsnake wrote:About that... I've noticed that the english army and Port-Saïd can is never allowed to use railroads to go to the frontier with the Ottomans. Is it because rails in Sinai are turkish-converted (in the own british colonies I mean)?

Not exactly. That can happen also because the "Sinai pipeline" is under construction. It's finished in 1916, so I recall.

cleveland
Corporal

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:51 pm

There's an automatic conversion of railroads of controlled areas at the end of each Interphase.

Aha! That is why the conversion Sprites disappeared in Begium.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”