calvinus

Official patch 1.08F

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello everybody,

the first official patch of WW1 Gold is online! :)

Here you can download the patch for the full version:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1 GOLD/Patches/WW1_Patch_v1.0.8f.exe

And here for the demo version:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1 GOLD/Patches/WW1_DemoPatch_v1.0.8f.exe

Finally here the free pre-Gold 1.07F version:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1 GOLD/Patches/WW1_Patch_v1.0.7f.exe

And now the news...

[Version 1.0.7f]
[Version 1.0.8f]

New features ([U]not for the free pre-Gold 1.07)[/U]:
- Added Tutorial #4 for Trench Warfare (also explains some of the new features coming with Gold edition)

Improvements:
- Introduced a time-stamp based sort procedure in orders execution in order to guarantee a perfect synchronization in Multiplayer mode
- Military AI improved by adding a urgent escape for isolated/out-of-supply stacks
- Military AI improved to give more strategic importance to Grand Offensives targets when planning attacks
- Military AI can now ignore the rule concerning the placement of reinforcements in major cities if the difficulty level is set at 3+
- The rule for max sustainable attacks by Central Powers has been tweaked in order to allow attacks in excess in case of Grand Offensives or escape movements done by isolated or out-of-supply stacks
- Modifiers for new Combat Doctrine adoption tests have been slightly modded in order to give a bit more chances od success
- Added a rule that prevents the redeployment of HQs and GHQs to rest-of-the-world areas (i.e.: Africa)
- Added some correction in Spanish game texts
- Diplomacy can now be done on Serbia in the very first Diplomatic pre-phase
- Main Offensives against nations that surrendered during the offensive are now counted as successful
- Introduced a replica mechanism for Interceptions in Multiplayers matches (moddable in WW1.ini file, see parameter 'InterceptionTimeoutThreshold' expressed in milliseconds)
- Weird movement paths outside the boundaries of the map screen are no more displayed
(*) HQs destroyed for prolonged isolation may be now rebuilt
- Added message for automatic retreats towards nearest supply source in case of no additional losses (no disordered retreats)
- The binocular of battle screen is now better centered over the area where combat takes place
- Added new security checks in audio engine to avoid crashes
- Added new security checks in battle screen to avoid crashes
- AI is now automatically un-paused upon battle start (for bad timed event popups that put AI in pause mode)
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster map scrolling for some CPUs
- Added a tweaking to allow a faster execution of movements on map

Scenario corrections:
- Tutorial #2: added a few corrections
(*) All campaign scenarios: added several tunings in turn rules
(*) 1914 scenario: Austrian fleets are now locked till the end of turn #1 to avoid that an accidental merge of fleets make impossible to apply the effects of Goeben battlecruiser event
(*) 1918 scenario: Tsing Tao is now controlled by Japan

Fixed bugs:
- Diplomatic missions planned by the enemy cannot be anymore spotted in Diplomacy window
- Fixed a bug that removed Grand Offensives planning in case of 2 armies commitment
- Fixed a bug in savegame procedure concerning the automatic reinforcement of RP flow of minor nations
- Fixed a bug of recursivity in diplomatic level progression that caused a too easy diplomatic escaltion (i.e.: for USA, UK)
- Corrected a mistake in German game texts that caused a crash when entering the Technological Researchs window
- Fixed a bug in air battles that allowed to reuse air squadrons during the second combat round even if destroyed during the first one
- Introduced a security check in interceptions and next battle clicks for single player mode to avoid game freezes related to those events
- Fixed some mistakes in Leaders Misunderstanding rule
- Fixed a typo error in battle logs for surprise event
- Fixed a rare AI freeze on Military AI occurring only in case of total annihilation of land forces for never surrendering minor nations
- Fixed a regression bug in Grand Offensives' success/failure checks introduced by beta patch 1.08C
- Fixed a rare crash in "main front change negative NW effects" turn rule check
- Fixed an AI bug that cause sometimes the play of enemy favoring events
- Fixed a regression bug that caused battle screen freeze with 1.08E
- Fixed a regression bug in supply checks
- Fixed a bug in diplomatic checks that caused weird results in some occurrences
- Fixed a bug in Fog of War for naval minefields

(*) : not working for older savegames

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Hurray! :thumbsup:

Is it still save game compatible?

Franciscus

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Great !

Thanks, Calvinus :coeurs:

PS: It might be better to correct the text on your post, as this is no longer beta

calvinus wrote:(...)
Here you can download the beta patch for the full version:
(...)

Mowers
Captain

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:27 am

the new movement replay speed is a huge improvement

alexander seil

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:47 am

Mowers wrote:the new movement replay speed is a huge improvement

Any general optimization overall? Any stuttering while scrolling?

EDIT: NM, about to download the demo patch :thumbsup:

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

Franciscus wrote:Great !

Thanks, Calvinus :coeurs:

PS: It might be better to correct the text on your post, as this is no longer beta

You're right. I copied and pasted from the beta forum... :D

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

Mowers wrote:the new movement replay speed is a huge improvement

Perfect! :thumbsup:

calvinus

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 am

Drakken wrote:Is it still save game compatible?

Yes.

Art99
Private

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:47 pm

I bought this game last fall and was never able to get into it much because of constant freeze ups and other crashes. Then I tried the GOLD demo and still had the same problems. Yesterday my trial period ran out so I bought the 15$ gold upgrade kit and then reinstalled everything from scratch including this patch. I'm happy to report that I was finally able to play 3 turns in a row without any issues and the game seems to operate much more smoothly and I notice many other improvements. Looks like I'll finally be able to learn how to play it now and look forward to it very much !

What a long strange trip it's been

Cheers

richfed

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm

The game should load up showing 1.08f, yes? Mine shows simply 1.08.

I am using Windows 7, but the game is installed in the C root directory, not in Program Files. The Gold Patch installed fine, but I'm not sure if this new patch did. In the C:World War I folder is ANOTHER World War I folder. Is that correct?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

calvinus

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 am

richfed wrote:The game should load up showing 1.08f, yes? Mine shows simply 1.08.

I am using Windows 7, but the game is installed in the C root directory, not in Program Files. The Gold Patch installed fine, but I'm not sure if this new patch did. In the C:World War I folder is ANOTHER World War I folder. Is that correct?

If you see 1.08 instead of 1.08F it means Win7 installed the patch elsewhere. :(
To be sure, go to the game dir and check the version of WW1.EXE: it must be 1.0.8.6...

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 pm

I'm using Vista 64 and successfully installed the patch. All I did was simply run the exe and everything installed where it was supposed to go.

I haven't had a chance to see how things are working now but will spend some time with the game later on today. I'm hoping the mouse and map scrolling works more smoothly now. Will see tonight how it is.

Note: In the WW1 configuration file I have load all maps at start, load all sounds at start, mouse sensitivity set to the middle of the slider, and use system screen resolution selected.

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:54 pm

The complete original version and gold upgrade installed in the c:\program files(x86)\ageod\World War One folder on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.

This patch wanted to install into the c:\program files\World War One folder so I had to manually select the actual install folder.

calvinus

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 pm

WallysWorld wrote:The complete original version and gold upgrade installed in the c:\program files(x86)\ageod\World War One folder on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.

This patch wanted to install into the c:\program files\World War One folder so I had to manually select the actual install folder.

This is surely what happened to richfed...

Lannes
Major

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Great job Calvinus, thanks

richfed

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:21 pm

calvinus wrote:This is surely what happened to richfed...

Actually, I forced the game to install in the C directory, hoping to avoid any possible UAC problems. I put the version one game there and then installed Gold and it went where it was supposed to. This Patch, however, even after I browsed to the correct location [I think :) ], created a new folder under the original WWI folder.

Anyway. sorted out now - thanks, guys.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to report on how the game is playing under the new patch. I still experience laggy mouse movement and slow map scrolling even with patch 1.08F.

Here is what I have done:

1. Set screen resolution to 1024 and "locked" in configurator
  2. mouse sensitivity set 2/3 to the right
  3. map scrolling set all the way to the left
  4. UAC turned off
  5. Run game as administrator under Windows Vista 64
  6. Updated my sound drivers
  7. load maps at start
  8. load music and sound at start
  9. set unit movement slider 2/3 to the right
  10. unloaded anti virus software from tray (i.e. turned off antivirus)

I still experience slow and choppy mouse movement during main map display but not during battles. Map scrolling is also slow and choppy. I'd rather not turn off sound and music but have I missed any other setting to help speed up mouse and map moving/scrolling?

calvinus

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Moff Jerjerrod wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to report on how the game is playing under the new patch. I still experience laggy mouse movement and slow map scrolling even with patch 1.08F.

Here is what I have done:

1. Set screen resolution to 1024 and "locked" in configurator
  2. mouse sensitivity set 2/3 to the right
  3. map scrolling set all the way to the left
  4. UAC turned off
  5. Run game as administrator under Windows Vista 64
  6. Updated my sound drivers
  7. load maps at start
  8. load music and sound at start
  9. set unit movement slider 2/3 to the right
  10. unloaded anti virus software from tray (i.e. turned off antivirus)

I still experience slow and choppy mouse movement during main map display but not during battles. Map scrolling is also slow and choppy. I'd rather not turn off sound and music but have I missed any other setting to help speed up mouse and map moving/scrolling?

In theory all settings are ok.

One point though:

Set screen resolution to 1024 and "locked" in configurator

This makes the game extremely unstable: if an external resident running program generates a popup, the game application loses the focus and DirectX objects cannot be restored, so the game crashes!

Is there some setting in Vista 64 to configure some sort of XP compatibility mode for WW1.exe application?

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions calvinus. I will surely give these a try later on this evening when I get home.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:50 am

I have good news to report and hope this helps others who might be experiencing the same problems.

I set compatibility mode to Windows XP and disabled desktop composition. I unlocked the lock screen option in the WW1 configurator. When I ran the game as administrator I still had mouse lag and slow map scrolling.

What I did next was update my video card driver and set play sounds in streaming mode in the WW1 configurator. What this did was eliminate map scrolling slowdowns and reduce significantly the mouse lag to a point where I think it is acceptable. There is still some lag with the mouse, however it is not as bad as was before.

One last key point to mention. I started a brand new 2 player grand campaign. The old save file I had that was pre 1.08F still gave me problems.

rattlesnake
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:27 am

Moff Jerjerrod wrote:I have good news to report and hope this helps others who might be experiencing the same problems.

I set compatibility mode to Windows XP and disabled desktop composition. I unlocked the lock screen option in the WW1 configurator. When I ran the game as administrator I still had mouse lag and slow map scrolling.

What I did next was update my video card driver and set play sounds in streaming mode in the WW1 configurator. What this did was eliminate map scrolling slowdowns and reduce significantly the mouse lag to a point where I think it is acceptable. There is still some lag with the mouse, however it is not as bad as was before.

One last key point to mention. I started a brand new 2 player grand campaign. The old save file I had that was pre 1.08F still gave me problems.

There are no differences between administrator and user in XP system.
So if you are using as administrator or as user either is OK.
In vista or win7 they are different.
Maybe upgrade video card is a good way to eliminate screen lags.
If there are lags with the mouse,that indicates you'd better add a ram,or the vedio card is needed to be changed to a better one.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 pm

I have Windows Vista 64 and I'm running WW1 as XP in the compatibility option. Do you mean no need for me to run WW1 therefor as administrator?

My rig has 4GB of RAM and my ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 1GB of RAM should be more than adequate to run WW1 with no mouse lag. I can play Napoleon Total War with all settings set to the max and have absolutely no map our mouse scrolling/lag issues.

Perhaps I need to setup my video card's settings different from what they are now?

There obviously is still some issue that I need to resolve in order to get rid of that last bit of mouse lag.

calvinus

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Moff Jerjerrod wrote:I have Windows Vista 64 and I'm running WW1 as XP in the compatibility option. Do you mean no need for me to run WW1 therefor as administrator?

My rig has 4GB of RAM and my ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 1GB of RAM should be more than adequate to run WW1 with no mouse lag. I can play Napoleon Total War with all settings set to the max and have absolutely no map our mouse scrolling/lag issues.

Perhaps I need to setup my video card's settings different from what they are now?

There obviously is still some issue that I need to resolve in order to get rid of that last bit of mouse lag.

For the mouse lag, I suggest you to have a look here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17701

My latest advice is to make some tries as described in post #23.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:17 am

Hmmmm....I tried "low color detail", DragClickDelay=100, HighlightAreasBelowMouse=0, and UseAlphaValueForPoly=0 with no noticeable difference. I have no problems with map scrolling, just a slightly laggy mouse movement.

Next I plan on trying to remove some resident programs that are running. Will report tomorrow on that attempt.

At least currently, with the fixes I did after patching to 1.08F, the game is playable for me even though the mouse is not 100% lag free.

rattlesnake
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 am

Low color detail does not work.I have not tried to run the game in Vista enviroment.Maybe it is not the problem with your PC.Your PC is good enough to run the game.I can run the game as a user .Try to update your mouse driver?Is your mouse driver lags in the certain point or all the time during the game?

calvinus

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 am

Of course, the development of improvement and fixes is not stopped.

I already introduced a lot of refactorings in naval warfare for landings and invasions that make the game more challenging.
I found a couple of glitches in events draw procedure following the warplans adoption.
And I enriched the Army Roster with new information.

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi Moff, I don't know if it was you I told before, but I was getting some CTD's, so I started using FSstart, it strips down windows to the bear minimum, it has totally stopped my CTD's, if you cant get a hold of Fstart try searching for similer programs :)

Oh yes Calvinus, I played through the battles I was having trouble with and it made it all the way through, very strange...

Thanks

LHL

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks for the tip Longhairedlout. I'll check out FSstart, sounds like just the program to use.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”