Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Just got the game. Couple of questions

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi folks,

Just picked up this game a few days ago and spent about an hour and a half with it yesterday. I've played the demo for about 5 hours total and that was enough to convince me to buy the Gold version.

I'm very happy with World War One Gold version! My only regret is not having enough time in real life to play more. LOL

The general look, sound, and feel of this game is impressive with respect to taking the player back to this time period. I also understand the way to play this game but am no expert yet. That will come with practice. For now though, I do have two general questions:

1. Resting units during combat rounds? What happens if the same unit in a stack fights for more than one consecutive combat round? Does he get tired and therefor easier to be killed by the enemy?
  2. What are some of the actions I should be taking to increase my economic and manufacturing power?

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Moff Jerjerrod wrote:
  1. Resting units during combat rounds? What happens if the same unit in a stack fights for more than one consecutive combat round? Does he get tired and therefor easier to be killed by the enemy?
  2. What are some of the actions I should be taking to increase my economic and manufacturing power?

Howdy, fellow Hun avatar user!

1) Using the same Corps in more than one attack gives a -1 malus in Morale per consecutive round, IIRC. That is why you need to bring in more Corps to relieve it. However, if you use Corps A, Corps B, then Corps A again you don't get any malus, as it counts as if the Corps has been resting.

2) You need to click on the National Will icon on the Game Domains up on your screen to bring in Political Actions, and you need to choose "Improve War Economy" to decrease the civilian production ratio. Bear in mind, however, that you improve your economy at the expense of NW.

Fastsnake
Major

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 am

1) I'm not sure there's systematically a malus. Sometimes, when you got and overwhelming victory (a 6-7-4 unit in defense on moutains, with a heavy artillery on its side against a wounded 2-3-3 unit), your unit doesn't have problems to keep fighting. Whereas, most of the time, even when it's victorious, you see a little gray cloud just under it, which point out the fact that yourunit will get a moral malus next turn.

2) That's right!
But another question about it... You can increase your military production but... can you step back and increase your civilian production (when you got more than 70 shells in stock), searched everything and your military situation is very good, whereas your NW is rather bad.

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Fastsnake wrote:2) That's right!
But another question about it... You can increase your military production but... can you step back and increase your civilian production (when you got more than 70 shells in stock), searched everything and your military situation is very good, whereas your NW is rather bad.

I don't see what you could step back your war production, if only because by definition it is total war.

In real life, after WWII it took some time to gear industries back to civilian production, even in the US which was virtually untouched.

Tamas

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 pm

No, you cannot move back towards civilian production.

I think this is good from a historical standpoint (like Drakken said), you couldn't just keep tweaking the economy in various ways while most of the productive labor force was out dying in trenches anyway.

And I think it is good gameplay-wise as well. To decide on which production level to stop is a very important one.
Even more so is the rate you are switching toward military production during the war.

Moff Jerjerrod
Sergeant

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Tamas wrote:No, you cannot move back towards civilian production.

I think this is good from a historical standpoint (like Drakken said), you couldn't just keep tweaking the economy in various ways while most of the productive labor force was out dying in trenches anyway.

And I think it is good gameplay-wise as well. To decide on which production level to stop is a very important one.
Even more so is the rate you are switching toward military production during the war.

This is good to know. Thanks for explaining that point.

Drakken wrote:Howdy, fellow Hun avatar user!

Hello to you too! Good to see another Hun avatar user.

Fastsnake
Major

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Moff Jerjerrod wrote:Hello to you too! Good to see another Hun avatar user.

First I thought you were talking about Attila and his friends. :bonk:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”