Random
AGEod Veteran

Supply through neutral country?

Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Me again, hope this isn't getting too tiresome, WW1G is really a superb game.

My 1915 French Grand Offensive was a spectaular success, helped in part by a major German attack the previous turn that went badly wrong for them. As can be seen in the attached screenshot, I have pinned a large Geman force in Sedan against the Belgian border.

According to section 9.3.1 of the Big Manual they should be isolated since Belgium is a full neutral, not granting Right-of-Passage to either side and having a diplomatic value of 2. This should make the country forbidden terrain for supply purposes unless I misread the rules. However, the German force is very much in supply and wrecked havoc on the BEF with a violent attack complete with bombardment in the Nov-Dec turn.

Any insights as to what is going on here? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Battle_of_Sedan_map.JPG

calvinus

Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 am

Can you post here a zipped savegame (.sav + .map files), so that I can debug the supply check of that area?

Thanks,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Ok I understand... you are in Events phase, supply is checked in the beginning of Military phase. So, as soon you enter the Military phase, you should see they are now isolated.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm

calvinus wrote:Ok I understand... you are in Events phase, supply is checked in the beginning of Military phase. So, as soon you enter the Military phase, you should see they are now isolated.

Not so, see the attached screenshot from the Jan-Feb 1916 Military phase. Although they should be isolated they successfully attacked the BEF in Nov-Dec 1915 turn and captured Guise.

In any event the manual states that supply is checked at the end of the turn and at the end of the October turn the force in Sedan should have been isolated. That's why the shot was taken during the events phase.

Attached are saves from Nov-Dec '15 and Jan-Feb '16. You will see the German forces in Sedan and Guise are very much in supply and the only path available to them is through neutral Belgium.

Thanks for the reponse though. Best Regards!
Attachments
Neutral_supply_example.zip
(899.42 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Jan-Feb-16_supply.jpg

calvinus

Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Ok, bug spotted and fixed. :thumbsup:
You'll find the correction in official patch.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 am

Thank you. The level of support that you continue to provide for WW1G is truly impressive.

Best Regards

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”